stengos
iank
ClockworkOcean
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1David Tennant opinions Empty David Tennant opinions 18th July 2019, 12:22 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Okay I have a feeling he's not too popular around here LOL, but still what do you think of him as an actor all around.

Personally I've always thought he was a good actor, just not an ideal fit for the Doctor. Though in some stories he is fine, like The Next Doctor. (Am I the only one who loves that story BTW?)

I have a feeling he could have been like Davison and McGann. Neither of them were ideal fits for the Doctor. Too young, too conventional looking, etc, but both overcame that by being true to the character. Tennant however was fucked by writing that seemed to revel in how bad a fit he was, by having him shag his 19 year old companion, tell Wilf that he would be happy if he was his dad etc.

(Whilst obviously the bulk of the blame for this has to rest on Davies, ultimately I do think Tennant went along with it too. To be fair though who wouldn't want to be in a series where you get to kiss BIllie Piper and Freema Agyeman and Michelle Ryan LOL.)

Overall Tennant is a good actor for me, and a really, really, really nice guy. I've met him and I can say he is one of the nicest people involved in DW. Still overall I just don't think he was a good fit for the part. Too much of a conventional leading man, who played it as a conventional hero in every respect.

2David Tennant opinions Empty Re: David Tennant opinions 18th July 2019, 12:39 pm

REDACTED

Although his Doctor is a mixed bag when it comes to characterization, outside the show Tennant is a good actor who tried his best with the weak characterization and dodgy plots.

On a random note, I really enjoyed his hammy performance as Barty Crouch Jr in Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire.

3David Tennant opinions Empty Re: David Tennant opinions 18th July 2019, 1:59 pm

stengos

stengos

Fine actor in my opinion. Very good performances in Broadchurch 1 & 2. Likewise in Escape Artist and Good Omens. He was also very good in Dalek Empire 3 and the BF Unbound adventure Sympathy with the Devil. I haven't seen or heard him in anything else.

I thought he started off okay in Dr Who but after a short while he got more OTT and started to grate.

4David Tennant opinions Empty Re: David Tennant opinions 18th July 2019, 2:47 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

He was great in Dalek Empire III.

I wish they'd filmed that instead.

5David Tennant opinions Empty Re: David Tennant opinions 18th July 2019, 3:06 pm

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

I think he's a great actor. Any problems I have with his era are purely a matter of artistic disagreement.

6David Tennant opinions Empty Re: David Tennant opinions 18th July 2019, 10:38 pm

iank

iank

Massively overrated and truthfully fairly ordinary actor, miscast and mischaracterised in Who.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

7David Tennant opinions Empty Re: David Tennant opinions 18th July 2019, 10:40 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I find him rather unlikeable. I didn't particularly enjoy his performance in Goblet either. His performance during the trial scene was truly awful and actually felt like a precursor for his performance as the Doctor.

8David Tennant opinions Empty Re: David Tennant opinions 18th July 2019, 11:52 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Commander Maxil Gale wrote:I find him rather unlikeable

What do you find unlikeable about him.

9David Tennant opinions Empty Re: David Tennant opinions 19th July 2019, 8:55 am

stengos

stengos

Tanmann wrote:He was great in Dalek Empire III.

I wish they'd filmed that instead.

I'd love to see a film dramatisation of Empire 1 to 3. Possibly an animation so they can keep Gareth Thomas in it.

10David Tennant opinions Empty Re: David Tennant opinions 19th July 2019, 5:40 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

burrunjor wrote:

He comes across like a man that would probably drink Coke instead of Pepsi. Only idiots drink Coke.

Pepsi FTW!

11David Tennant opinions Empty Re: David Tennant opinions 19th July 2019, 5:43 pm

REDACTED

Commander Maxil Gale wrote:
burrunjor wrote:

He comes across like a man that would probably drink Coke instead of Pepsi. Only idiots drink Coke.

Pepsi FTW!

AMEN!

12David Tennant opinions Empty Re: David Tennant opinions 19th July 2019, 5:45 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Fair enough that does make him a cunt. Do you think he prefers white magnums to those white magnums with the pink ice cream on the inside. GOD I love those, even if they do look a bit gay. If Tennant prefers the white ones, then I'm afraid I'll have to spit in Tennant's eyes next time I see him. Not nearly enough people like the pink ones and so they rarely make them anymore because of cunts like Tennant.

13David Tennant opinions Empty Re: David Tennant opinions 19th July 2019, 5:54 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I prefer the white ones.

14David Tennant opinions Empty Re: David Tennant opinions 19th July 2019, 6:00 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Tanmann wrote:I prefer the white ones.

Fucking cunt.

David Tennant opinions Strawberry-white-magnum-3

I bet you're the kind of guy who prefers Genesis of the Daleks episode 2 to episode 4 as well.

To be fair to David Tennant he always looked like the kind of guy who prefers those really gorgeous creme filled donuts to pretzels. Aside from almost killing George W Bush Pretzels are fucking revolting and can fuck off.

15David Tennant opinions Empty Re: David Tennant opinions 19th July 2019, 7:41 pm

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

Man I'm too straight for shit like that

16David Tennant opinions Empty Re: David Tennant opinions 20th July 2019, 5:28 pm

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

I love his acting, and he's also one of the nicest guys that I've met, when I saw him at a convention last year. Whatever issues that I have with the 10th Doctor, it's more down to the scripts rather than Tennant himself. In fact, even with crappy stories like Fear Her or The End of Time, he is trying his damnest to save the experience by his performance.
He's really underrated in other roles as well, I loved his performance in Single Father, he was the only good thing about Nativity 2, his performance in Jessica Jones is electrifying and he's great as Scrooge McDuck in the recent DuckTales reboot.

17David Tennant opinions Empty Re: David Tennant opinions 20th July 2019, 5:29 pm

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

Commander Maxil Gale wrote:
burrunjor wrote:

Pepsi FTW!

I'm going to be more of a contrarian and say that Dr Pepper is better than both Pepsi or Coke. Although Pepsi is better than Coke.

18David Tennant opinions Empty Re: David Tennant opinions 20th July 2019, 6:29 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Tanmann wrote:I prefer the white ones.

Isn't that what Hitler said?

19David Tennant opinions Empty Re: David Tennant opinions 20th July 2019, 10:19 pm

Doctor7

He is ok not one of my favorite doctors I love the classic doctors a lot more I suppose my favorite nu who doctor is Matt smith

20David Tennant opinions Empty Re: David Tennant opinions 20th July 2019, 10:25 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I prefer the first four classic Doctors, but I would probably say Matt was my favourite of the NuWho Doctors.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum