You are not connected. Please login or register

Which actors to play the doctor seem the nicest in person.

+5
stengos
Pepsi Maxil
Bernard Marx
Rob Filth
Doctor7
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Doctor7

Which actors to play the doctor seem the nicest in person?

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

Probably either Peter Davison or Sylvester McCoy.

I didn't like McCoys Doctor one bit, but in interview I think he comes across genuine and has humility and a sense of self-depreciation which I like.

Again, Davison seems honest when talking about the experienced flaws within his era and takes it on the chin with self-deprecating humour.

Hartnell seems scary, Troughton is fun but a bit of a wind up and rogue, Pertwee and Tom Baker are both egotists and a bit full of themselves, Colin I previously liked but since Jodies casting I think has turned into a bit of a pompous arse.

McGann seems okay, but it's hard to tell with McGann because he seems quite shy.

http://www.thefuckingobvious.com

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Rob Filth wrote:Probably either Peter Davison or Sylvester McCoy.

I didn't like McCoys Doctor one bit, but in interview I think he comes across genuine and has humility and a sense of self-depreciation which I like.

Again, Davison seems honest when talking about the experienced flaws within his era and takes it on the chin with self-deprecating humour.

Hartnell seems scary, Troughton is fun but a bit of a wind up and rogue, Pertwee and Tom Baker are both egotists and a bit full of themselves, Colin I previously liked but since Jodies casting I think has turned into a bit of a pompous arse.
Has Colin said much about NuWho since series 11 and 12 aired? I know that he treated Davison in a very pompous manner which basically contributed to his being chased off Twitter, but is he still an advocate of her Doctor now?

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

McCoy. He just seems so full of energy and spirit in interviews. I only met him briefly, but he was absolutely brilliant. Colin left me feeling rather cold when I met him. He seemed more interested in talking to my sister than to me. He also spoke over me several times when I was trying to tell him how much I liked his Doctor. He seems like the type of guy that would  act bitterly towards you if you said that you didn't like Jodie's Doctor.

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

Bernard Marx wrote:Has Colin said much about NuWho since series 11 and 12 aired? I know that he treated Davison in a very pompous manner which basically contributed to his being chased off Twitter, but is he still an advocate of her Doctor now?
No idea I'm afraid.

I think he's gone quiet since everyone raving about what a fantastic idea changing the Doctors gender would be actually saw how shit the finished result was.

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Rob Filth wrote:
Bernard Marx wrote:Has Colin said much about NuWho since series 11 and 12 aired? I know that he treated Davison in a very pompous manner which basically contributed to his being chased off Twitter, but is he still an advocate of her Doctor now?
No idea I'm afraid.

I think he's gone quiet since everyone raving about what a fantastic idea changing the Doctors gender would be actually saw how shit the finished result was.

He praised the first three episodes and then went silent. My sister celebrated when Jodie was announced and has still yet to see her in the role LOL

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Rob Filth wrote:
No idea I'm afraid.

That sounds very plausible to me. I just wish he wasn’t quiet about it. It’d be far more assuring if he apologised to Davison and declared that he thought Chibnall’s Who was fucking shit. Given how unpopular he is on fan polls (and unfairly too, I might add), he’s not really got much to lose anymore.

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Pepsi Maxil wrote:
Rob Filth wrote:
No idea I'm afraid.

He praised the first three episodes and then went silent.  My sister celebrated when Jodie was announced and has still yet to see her in the role LOL
Most relatives of mine who praised the decision watched her first few episodes and gave up due to how rubbish it was. I’m more staunchly anti NuWho in general than the rest of the family, mind- the Tennant and Smith eras are fairly popular amongst the family (although they all curiously thought Eccleston was shite- I can’t really dispute that at all), as much as I dislike the former with a passion these days.

Anyway, I suppose Colin had no means of defending Arachnids in the UK! 😂

stengos

stengos

I have only met Tom Baker. Got his autograph back in 1979 when i was 14. Nice enough although he was more interested in the younger children in the queue - say 7 years. Which was fair enough.

From what i have seen on YouTube video clips, McCoy seem quite nice. And Aldred. Always time to indulge the fans with behind the scenes stories etc ...,

Again, going by YT videos, Jodie seems to be very good with the fans.

Re Colin, i just think he is getting cantankerous with old age. He may have diabetes (his size suggests he is at least at risk) and when he was on Pointless Celebs he semed to be visibly shaking all the time. Nothing too bad but noticeable if you watched him carefully. So i just wonder if he is finding public appearances more tiring because of health issues. Hence i would tend to give him a pass despite his woke comments when Whittery was appointed to the role. Even though i find them a tad annoying.

I can't really say anything more.

Doctor7

I have heard peter Davison and sylvester seem the friendliest like maxil said colin might get crotchety if you don't like Jodie which personally don't

Doctor7

Her portrayal the way graham was treated was deplorable watched the clip

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Doctor7 wrote:Her portrayal the way graham was treated was deplorable watched the clip

That's more the character though than the actress herself.

Doctor7

Yeah good point tom I heard can be nice when I have asked some people but was difficult to work with his last two years on the show

Doctor7

Paul seems shy

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

Might have to say McGann. When I met him, he was just teeming with life. Bubbly, yet also really kind to me. Also Tennant seems really kind in interviews, and seems more real than a lot of other big celebrities.
Not a Doctor, but Sophie Aldred is an absolute sweetheart as well, she's like that one cool Aunt that you have in the family.

Doctor7

Did you meet sylvester as well english giraffe?

REDACTED

Not really a Doctor but Louise Jameson always seems lovely and very pleasant to listen and speak to.

Doctor7

Ok so people I want to meet sylvester mccoy,Louise Jameson,Paul mcgann peter Davison,Sophie Alfred,Sarah sutton

Ludders

Ludders

stengos wrote:I have only met Tom Baker. Got his autograph back in 1979 when i was 14.

Me and a school mate met him in 1976, when I was 13.
He was massively friendly and thanks us profusely for coming down to meet him. (He opened a bookshop on a Saturday morning in my home town)
He was in full Dr Who costume and I tried to fox him by asking when he was going the fix the Tardis' chameleon circuit. LOL
He proceeded to say that he was much more worried about how he was going to get out of having his head chopped off tonight, (Masque of Mandragora was on later that night) and he asked me what I thought he should do. Which left me unable to think of what to say. Laughing
Seeing my perplexed face, he tapped his nose and winked, saying 'Don't worry I've got a plan!' before we had to move along.
Serves me right for trying to be cocky. LOL

On the wider question, I used to go to the Memorabilia events in Birmingham sometimes, during the early/mid 2000s, and have observed many people from Dr Who. I never really did the whole meet and greet thing as I was never really into collecting autographs and stuff, I just went for merchandise more than anything.
But I have to say the ones that always seemed the nicest, friendliest and most humble were Sylv, Colin, Sophie, Louise Jameson, Nick Courtney, and John Levine.
I don't recall ever seeing Davison, but he always seems like a gent whenever I've seen clips, etc...

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Indrid Mercury wrote:Not really a Doctor but Louise Jameson always seems lovely and very pleasant to listen and speak to.

Her hotness is off the scale!

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Ludders wrote:He proceeded to say that he was much more worried about how he was going to get out of having his head chopped off tonight, (Masque of Mandragora was on later that night) and he asked me what I thought he should do. Which left me unable to think of what to say. Laughing
Seeing my perplexed face, he tapped his nose and winked, saying 'Don't worry I've got a plan!'

Smile

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

stengos wrote:Re Colin, i just think he is getting cantankerous with old age. He may have diabetes (his size suggests he is at least at risk) and when he was on Pointless Celebs he seemed to be visibly shaking all the time. Nothing too bad but noticeable if you watched him carefully. So i just wonder if he is finding public appearances more tiring because of health issues.

It actually looks like a touch of Parkinson's to me.

Doctor7

Darn Parkinson's that sucks if colin has that

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum