Ken Grubshaw
Fendelman
REDACTED
Tanmann
Pepsi Maxil
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Saward or Cartmel?

Saward or Cartmel? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap44%Saward or Cartmel? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 44% [ 4 ]
Saward or Cartmel? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap56%Saward or Cartmel? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 56% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 9

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Saward or Cartmel? - Page 2 Empty Re: Saward or Cartmel? 14th February 2020, 10:10 am

stengos

stengos

Eric. I enjoyed the show more when he was script editor.

27Saward or Cartmel? - Page 2 Empty Re: Saward or Cartmel? 14th February 2020, 4:34 pm

Eric Saywhaaat?

Eric Saywhaaat?

If He Who Must Not Be Named had allowed me to write every single story instead of manipulating me into hiring hacks like Glen McCoy and Pip and Jane Baker then the show would never have been cancelled. I'm sure of it.

28Saward or Cartmel? - Page 2 Empty Re: Saward or Cartmel? 14th February 2020, 5:24 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Eric Saywhaaat? wrote:If He Who Must Not Be Named had allowed me to write every single story instead of manipulating me into hiring hacks like Glen McCoy and Pip and Jane Baker then the show would never have been cancelled. I'm sure of it.

What else can be said about that Pip and Jane one...?

It could've been a lot better.

It could've been a lot better written.

29Saward or Cartmel? - Page 2 Empty Re: Saward or Cartmel? 14th February 2020, 7:50 pm

Eric Saywhaaat?

Eric Saywhaaat?

Tanmann wrote:
Eric Saywhaaat? wrote:If He Who Must Not Be Named had allowed me to write every single story instead of manipulating me into hiring hacks like Glen McCoy and Pip and Jane Baker then the show would never have been cancelled. I'm sure of it.

What else can be said about that Pip and Jane one...?

It could've been a lot better.

It could've been a lot better written.

No matter how many times I threw a tantrum and violently hit the desk with a script I stupidly rejected he still ordered me to use those hacks. Who did he think he was, my boss?

30Saward or Cartmel? - Page 2 Empty Re: Saward or Cartmel? 14th February 2020, 9:40 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Bernard Marx wrote:
Pepsi Maxil wrote:The Ancient One was another great looking monster. They both have a really cool, unique look to them.

There's nothing particularly unique about this lot:

Saward or Cartmel? - Page 2 Slithe10
The Slitheen look bloody awful by comparison. They’re basically the archetypal shit looking “man in a rubber suit” that TruWho was unfairly condemned for allegedly having. NuWho has always been creatively vacuous when compared to any era of TruWho.

They're not as bad as... whatever the fuck this is:

Saward or Cartmel? - Page 2 Morax10

Not even the designers give a fuck in the Chibnall era.

31Saward or Cartmel? - Page 2 Empty Re: Saward or Cartmel? 14th February 2020, 9:45 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Pepsi Maxil Oswald wrote:
Bernard Marx wrote:
Pepsi Maxil wrote:The Ancient One was another great looking monster. They both have a really cool, unique look to them.

The Slitheen look bloody awful by comparison. They’re basically the archetypal shit looking “man in a rubber suit” that TruWho was unfairly condemned for allegedly having. NuWho has always been creatively vacuous when compared to any era of TruWho.

That is hilariously lousy and shite indeed. They have all the budget in the world when compared to any other era, and this is all they can produce. LOL

32Saward or Cartmel? - Page 2 Empty Re: Saward or Cartmel? 14th February 2020, 9:47 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Bernard Marx wrote:

What the fuck is that?! Shocked

33Saward or Cartmel? - Page 2 Empty Re: Saward or Cartmel? 14th February 2020, 9:48 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Tanmann wrote:
Bernard Marx wrote:

What the fuck is that?! Shocked

"We're totally outclassed by what they're doing now" - Andrew Cartmel.

LOL LOL LOL

34Saward or Cartmel? - Page 2 Empty Re: Saward or Cartmel? 14th February 2020, 9:49 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I like Cartmel, but he could be *very* superficial sometimes.

35Saward or Cartmel? - Page 2 Empty Re: Saward or Cartmel? 14th February 2020, 9:52 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Why go through the effort of making a costume when you can just CG some generic blob on the screen?

Saward or Cartmel? - Page 2 Pting10

36Saward or Cartmel? - Page 2 Empty Re: Saward or Cartmel? 14th February 2020, 9:55 pm

iank

iank

Bernard Marx wrote:
Bernard Marx wrote:

That is hilariously lousy and shite indeed. They have all the budget in the world when compared to any other era, and this is all they can produce. LOL

I don't know what that last one is.... but I'm sure it's racist. Big Grin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

37Saward or Cartmel? - Page 2 Empty Re: Saward or Cartmel? 14th February 2020, 10:00 pm

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

Undoubtedly Saward, he knew the expectations of the audience and tried to make the show more gritty and adult like Blakes 7 to try and give it back some of it's street cred lost during the silly Williams era. He was only partially successful of course because of JNT treating the programme like a pantomime, firing all the good directors, hiring C-list celebrities who couldn't act for shit and snubbing all of the older proven writers, but at least Saward managed to talk JNT round to hire Terrance Dicks for the 20th anniversary special and get Robert Holmes a regular slot in the series again before it all went totally to shit.

I never like Cartmell's fucking uber-god legend-forming of the lead character, giving him all of these stupid inexplicable powers and supporting characters talking nonsensical gibberish to each other. It's why we have the turd called NuWho today.

Season 26 is really just a blueprint for NuWho but done on a £2.50 budget.

http://www.thefuckingobvious.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum