You are not connected. Please login or register

Do you think Survival was the best story it could have ended on?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I would personally swap Survival and Fenric around so that Fenric would be the one to end it. Survival does work as the show's finale mainly because of The Master and the fact that Ace has to face her toughest test of the series, but Fenric does feel slightly more epic and I've always seen Fenric as the big bad villain of the McCoy era.

Ludders

Ludders

I agree CoF would've been a much stronger finisher, and could've been achievable if they'd written Ace's story arc a little differently.

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I think it nearly was (the Doctor and Master's final fight, Ace's near return home), but it feels to me like it just ends too abruptly and randomly right when it looked like it was getting interesting.

For me the best story to have ended on would've been either The Five Doctors, Kinda or City of Death. Or possibly even Enlightenment.

Though if it had to end on a McCoy, then it probably should've been either Curse of Fenric or Remembrance of the Daleks. Both had a good solid sense of endgame to them.

Last edited by Tanmann on 11th February 2020, 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fendelman

Fendelman

This is why I like to keep the TV movie around. Even though I think Survival is a better story, the movie feels like a better ending for Doctor Who.

Remembrance might have been an ok ending, but I would want to move it to the end of S26, not loose a whole season.

Of all the classic Who stories, I think The Five Doctors would have made the best ending, but I certainly wouldn't want to loose all the stuff that came after it.

iank

iank

Yes it was.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum