You are not connected. Please login or register

My third doctor impression

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My third doctor impression Empty My third doctor impression 10th February 2020, 7:23 pm

Doctor7

2My third doctor impression Empty Re: My third doctor impression 10th February 2020, 7:40 pm

REDACTED

Very nice impression. Smile

3My third doctor impression Empty Re: My third doctor impression 10th February 2020, 7:41 pm

Doctor7

Thanks indrid

4My third doctor impression Empty Re: My third doctor impression 10th February 2020, 7:45 pm

Ludders

Ludders

It wasn't a bad impression of Benedict Cumberbatch. Wink

Also, Pertwee had a slight lisp, but he has no problem pronouncing his R's.

5My third doctor impression Empty Re: My third doctor impression 10th February 2020, 7:46 pm

Doctor7

So it sounded more like Benedict ?

6My third doctor impression Empty Re: My third doctor impression 10th February 2020, 7:46 pm

Ludders

Ludders

To my ears.

7My third doctor impression Empty Re: My third doctor impression 10th February 2020, 7:48 pm

Doctor7

Ok good to know i think my fifth is easiest for me to do third is more challenging

8My third doctor impression Empty Re: My third doctor impression 10th February 2020, 7:56 pm

Ludders

Ludders

Well I heard you're impression of 5 as well, and if you're looking for genuine constructive criticism. I think your natural accent is still coming through a lot in Dr 5. I'd break it down to individual words and work on British pronunciation, and then you can fine tune it towards the individual Doctor's inflection after you've got a generic British accent down.
I'm not meaning to bring you down or piss on your flames. If it's just a bit of fun, the it doesn't matter, but if you're aiming towards acting or even taking part in a fan audio or something, then my advice would be as above. No offence intended in any way.

9My third doctor impression Empty Re: My third doctor impression 10th February 2020, 7:57 pm

Doctor7

I think the enthusiasm like the fifth is there just the accent needs work

10My third doctor impression Empty Re: My third doctor impression 10th February 2020, 8:05 pm

Ludders

Ludders

Doctor7 wrote:I think the enthusiasm like the fifth  is there just the accent needs work

Agreed. But I get the idea that you're working from instinct more than technique. You're instinct is good, so once you can tune out your American accent, then the rest should be no problem.
Listen to the subtle way in which even one syllable words sound different in British vs American pronunciation. For example the word 'not'. In American pronunciation it often sounds to us Brits, more like 'nart'.

11My third doctor impression Empty Re: My third doctor impression 10th February 2020, 8:30 pm

Doctor7

Ok thanks for the help I will listen more to those words

12My third doctor impression Empty Re: My third doctor impression 10th February 2020, 8:30 pm

Ludders

Ludders

Good luck with it, and have fun. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum