You are not connected. Please login or register

Tribute to The Silurians

+2
iank
Ludders
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tribute to The Silurians Empty Tribute to The Silurians 9th February 2020, 4:09 am

Ludders

Ludders

This came up on my news feed, and I thought it was interesting enough to share.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/50-years-ago-doctor-who-gave-us-one-of-its-most-chilli-1841523912

But just in general terms, it's always been my favourite of S7, and I think it's tad underrated or comparitively ignored.
For a 7 parter, I always found the plot development really fans out into great story with no feel of 'padding' whatsoever.
Something that its sequel The Sea Devils can't boast; even at 1 episode shorter.
What are everyones opinions on Dr Who and the Silurians?

2Tribute to The Silurians Empty Re: Tribute to The Silurians 9th February 2020, 7:45 am

iank

iank

Probably the least of season 7, but still very good.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

3Tribute to The Silurians Empty Re: Tribute to The Silurians 9th February 2020, 11:03 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

They official page did this on Twitter.

"What's your favourite Silurian story?"

The replies were mainly Hungry Earth and Deep Breath (because of the lesbian kiss). One or two said The Silurians.

4Tribute to The Silurians Empty Re: Tribute to The Silurians 9th February 2020, 11:09 am

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Ludders wrote:
What are everyones opinions on Dr Who and the Silurians?

The Brigadier was right.

That's my two cents.

5Tribute to The Silurians Empty Re: Tribute to The Silurians 9th February 2020, 11:50 am

stengos

stengos

Brilliant story. I can't better what Ludders said. There is not a duff performance in the cast and only minimal padding. Maybe second best of the season for me, far better than the two sequels and one of my all time favourite stories.

Last edited by stengos on 9th February 2020, 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

6Tribute to The Silurians Empty Re: Tribute to The Silurians 9th February 2020, 12:43 pm

REDACTED

My least favorite of the season but it's still an excellent tale. Thought provoking, well performed and an intelligent script makes this one a classic. Just pretend the sequels never happened.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum