You are not connected. Please login or register

Which story should've been the Silurians/Sea Devils' last hurrah?

+2
iank
REDACTED
6 posters

What story would've been the Silurians/Sea Devils' rightest last hurrah?

Which story should've been the Silurians/Sea Devils' last hurrah? I_vote_lcap0%Which story should've been the Silurians/Sea Devils' last hurrah? I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Which story should've been the Silurians/Sea Devils' last hurrah? I_vote_lcap100%Which story should've been the Silurians/Sea Devils' last hurrah? I_vote_rcap 100% [ 6 ]
Which story should've been the Silurians/Sea Devils' last hurrah? I_vote_lcap0%Which story should've been the Silurians/Sea Devils' last hurrah? I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

The Silurians and Sea Devils are considered the great classic monsters of Pertwee's era. But what do you think was the right point to end their story?

Was The Hungry Earth a decent revival for you? Did you like the idea of Vastra and Jenny, and if so, for how long? Should there only have ever been the one Silurian story back in 1970?

Last edited by Tanmann on 14th October 2019, 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

iank

iank

Y'know, I like the Paternoster Gang, and Strax is funny... but I don't consider Vastra or the ones in The Hungry Earth to be Silurians at all. Vastra in particular may as well be just some alien. It would work better.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

REDACTED

Warriors Of The Deep, just for how much of a masterpiece it is! Wink

Joking aside, They should have just been left after their initial Pertwee appearances.

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Mercury wrote:Warriors Of The Deep, just for how much of a masterpiece it is!  Wink

Joking aside, They should have just been left after their initial Pertwee appearances.

I'd agree with you there.

There was always a part of me that wanted the Doctor to get another chance to make peace again after how The Sea Devils ended, even if it ended up being a later Doctor.

Warriors sadly taught me that some things are better left not wished for. I didn't really like Hungry Earth either. The Paternoster Gang were alright but I'm not sure they justify ending up with the former.

Boofer

Boofer

Sorry, what the fuck does the title mean?

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

For some reason the thread title ended up as two very squashed, overlapping lines. I guess because I made it too long.

Basically what I mean is, of the Silurians/Sea Devils' TV story appearances, which one do you think would've been a good point for the makers to have just called it a day with them and left them after that and not indulged them any further follow-on appearances after, since they'd already had their high-point or their story had already reached its natural end?

iank

iank

They should have stayed a one-off. Even Sea Devils is just a tired rehash runaround with extra added Master.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Boofer

Boofer

I'm more confused by the use of the words 'rightest' and 'what'.

I've never heard the former, ever.

My take on this would be: Which story should've been the Silurians/Sea Devils last hurrah?

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Cunnus Maximus wrote:My take on this would be: Which story should've been the Silurians/Sea Devils last hurrah?

Actually you're right, that would read much better. I'll amend it.

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

I voted for The Sea Devils. Yes, it’s a re-hash, but one I thoroughly enjoy with some great set pieces and Doctor/ Master interplay, and it doesn’t undermine its superior season 7 counterpart in any way. All of their following stories when presented as enemies are shite, and I don’t know if I’d count Vastra in this anyway.

Ludders

Ludders

Another vote for The Sea Devils.
If Silurians/Sea Devil history could be erased after that point, that would be perfect.
Fortunately, I haven't seen any of the NuWho stories for so long that at least they are now only glimmers in my memory.
I vaguely remember something about a lesbian Silurian with a Sontaran butler, but hopefully it was it was nothing but a bizarre dream. 😂

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum