You are not connected. Please login or register

Faceless Ones DVD cover

+2
iank
Pepsi Maxil
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Faceless Ones DVD cover - Page 2 Empty Re: Faceless Ones DVD cover 12th February 2020, 11:36 pm

Fendelman

Fendelman

I just like to look at my collection of stuff on video. I have well over 1000 VHS, a few hundred DVDs, and sometimes I just like to look at it all. When I'm looking at my Doctor Who shelf that NuPoo logo will drive me crazy.

I'm not saying I'm going to skip the ones with the nuwho logo, (especially The Faceless Ones which I really like), but I'm going to have to modify that cover somehow.

27Faceless Ones DVD cover - Page 2 Empty Re: Faceless Ones DVD cover 12th February 2020, 11:38 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Ludders wrote:It should be part of it, but not your whole life. Holy Fuck Batman!

It inspires my writing, my personality, my life choices, everything. I need the show to function properly.

28Faceless Ones DVD cover - Page 2 Empty Re: Faceless Ones DVD cover 12th February 2020, 11:39 pm

Ludders

Ludders

Fendelman wrote:
I'm not saying I'm going to skip the ones with the nuwho logo, (especially The Faceless Ones which I really like), but I'm going to have to modify that cover somehow.

If having that logo is gonna affect your life THAT much, it's your prerogative I guess.......

29Faceless Ones DVD cover - Page 2 Empty Re: Faceless Ones DVD cover 12th February 2020, 11:41 pm

Ludders

Ludders

Pepsi Maxil wrote:
Ludders wrote:It should be part of it, but not your whole life. Holy Fuck Batman!

It inspires my writing, my personality, my life choices, everything. I need the show to function properly.

You're in a bad way.... I feel sorry for you. And I'm not being snide. Anyone who is that far gone.... Dunno what else I can say, so I'll leave it there. Crying or Very sad

30Faceless Ones DVD cover - Page 2 Empty Re: Faceless Ones DVD cover 12th February 2020, 11:48 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Ludders wrote:
Pepsi Maxil wrote:

You're in a bad way.... I feel sorry for you. And I'm not being snide. Anyone who is that far gone.... Dunno what else I can say, so I'll leave it there. Crying or Very sad

I'd rather be obsessed with a television show than doing drugs or cutting myself. I can't find enjoyment in anything these days except for some television programs, actresses and music. Exercising is becoming harder and harder and I'm struggling to go into work (although I have spoken to my supervisor and I feel more comfortable about things now). My family are very supportive and have planned some lovely things for my big birthday next month. I just hope I can rise to the occasion and actually enjoy myself. My depression can be very debilitating.

31Faceless Ones DVD cover - Page 2 Empty Re: Faceless Ones DVD cover 13th February 2020, 12:36 am

iank

iank

I really don't give a fuck about the logo either. I don't even think of it as the Nurse Poo logo because I don't watch that show. It's just a logo that says Doctor Who. It doesn't even look that bad on its own merits.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

32Faceless Ones DVD cover - Page 2 Empty Re: Faceless Ones DVD cover 13th February 2020, 3:33 am

Fendelman

Fendelman

I think it looks fine. I just don't like the association with the NuPoo. I've never watched an episode either, but have been watching these youtube reviews where they crap on it in the past few weeks, and now I can't help but make the connection when I see it.

33Faceless Ones DVD cover - Page 2 Empty Re: Faceless Ones DVD cover 13th February 2020, 9:50 pm

Ludders

Ludders

Pepsi Maxil wrote:
Ludders wrote:
Pepsi Maxil wrote:

I'd rather be obsessed with a television show than doing drugs or cutting myself. I can't find enjoyment in anything these days except for some television programs, actresses and music. Exercising is becoming harder and harder and I'm struggling to go into work (although I have spoken to my supervisor and I feel more comfortable about things now). My family are very supportive and have planned some lovely things for my big birthday next month. I just hope I can rise to the occasion and actually enjoy myself. My depression can be very debilitating.

Obviously it's preferable to self-harming or doing drugs, but none of these things are either/or choices. I have the greatest sympathy for your mental health, but what we are really talking about here is getting a sense of perspective.
How much can a logo or dvd menu actually affect your life in real terms? Surely you can accept that it should only be a minor annoyance, at the VERY MOST?
Should you not be asking yourself:
Is it really worth getting so upset about this?
Is this going to seriously compromise my enjoyment of watching The Faceless Ones?
If the answer is Yes, then your sense of perspective is way off.

Don't take it personally, I say this to anyone, not just you.
Think about it, at least. You're a good bloke. And I honestly say this with no malice or sarcasm.

34Faceless Ones DVD cover - Page 2 Empty Re: Faceless Ones DVD cover 13th February 2020, 9:56 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Ludders wrote:
Pepsi Maxil wrote:
Ludders wrote:
Pepsi Maxil wrote:

Obviously it's preferable to self-harming or doing drugs, but none of these things are either/or choices. I have the greatest sympathy for your mental health, but what we are really talking about here is getting a sense of perspective.
How much can a logo or dvd menu actually affect your life in real terms? Surely you can accept that it should only be a minor annoyance, at the VERY MOST?
Should you not be asking yourself:
Is it really worth getting so upset about this?
Is this going to seriously compromise my enjoyment of watching The Faceless Ones?
If the answer is Yes, then your sense of perspective is way off.

Don't take it personally, I say this to anyone, not just you.
Think about it, at least. You're a good bloke. And I honestly say this with no malice or sarcasm.

You're right, it isn't.

I'm happy that I come across as a good bloke. I always assumed people thought I was an opinionated tosser LOL

35Faceless Ones DVD cover - Page 2 Empty Re: Faceless Ones DVD cover 13th February 2020, 10:01 pm

Ludders

Ludders

Pepsi Maxil wrote:an opinionated tosser  LOL

No, that's me. LOL

Anyone who offers to write out the text of a Target novel for another fan, has GOT to be a good bloke. I wouldn't do it. Laughing
Besides, anyone who's willing to be so open about their problems deserves some kudos. It shows that all is not lost. Yet. Wink

36Faceless Ones DVD cover - Page 2 Empty Re: Faceless Ones DVD cover 13th February 2020, 10:44 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Ludders wrote:
Pepsi Maxil wrote:an opinionated tosser  LOL

No, that's me. LOL

Anyone who offers to write out the text of a Target novel for another fan, has GOT to be a good bloke. I wouldn't do it. Laughing
Besides, anyone who's willing to be so open about their problems deserves some kudos. It shows that all is not lost. Yet. Wink

Thanks. I honestly don't mind helping fans out.

I actually feel really comfortable here hence why I go into detail about my issues. The Hive is the only place other than my house where I can truly be myself.

37Faceless Ones DVD cover - Page 2 Empty Re: Faceless Ones DVD cover 13th February 2020, 10:47 pm

Ludders

Ludders

Pepsi Maxil wrote:Thanks. I honestly don't mind helping fans out.

Same here when it comes to sharing. So long as there's no actual work involved. LOL

38Faceless Ones DVD cover - Page 2 Empty Re: Faceless Ones DVD cover 13th February 2020, 10:53 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Ludders wrote:
Pepsi Maxil wrote:Thanks. I honestly don't mind helping fans out.

Same here when it comes to sharing. So long as there's no actual work involved. LOL

It's good for the soul I find.

39Faceless Ones DVD cover - Page 2 Empty Re: Faceless Ones DVD cover 14th February 2020, 12:23 am

stengos

stengos

I dont like the logo because of what it represent but to be honest I am not that fussed. As long as i can get these animated reconstructions and they continue to make them, then thats enough for me.

Now if they started adding scenes with Jodie, Ryan and Yaz in, then that would be a whole other issue ...

40Faceless Ones DVD cover - Page 2 Empty Re: Faceless Ones DVD cover 14th February 2020, 1:31 am

Ludders

Ludders

stengos wrote:
Now if they started adding scenes with Jodie, Ryan and Yaz in, then that would be a whole other issue ...

Absolutely.
I don't care about the trimmings, but leave the core alone.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum