You are not connected. Please login or register

When was the last time you felt NuWho was worth saving?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

REDACTED

When did you last feel that there was still some good in NuWho that could be brought to the surface and helped shape it into a better show?

Discuss.

Bill

When I first saw Karen Gillan as Amy...

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I really thought that the show would improve with Series 8. We were promised that the series would be more like the classic series as well as be darker in tone. We had a quality actor like Capaldi as The Doctor and a hot as fuck companion! I still can't believe it ended up being the worst era of Doctor Who pre Whittaker.

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Right before Dark Water I suppose.

To be honest, Capaldi's era was the nadir, and from what I saw of Series 11 it was more bland than outright offensive. So in that light it seemed almost an improvement, and I could never really get behind the desire to tank the show.

Then Orphan 55 happened and I just don't care anymore.

Then the Ruth revelation happened and now I just want it to die.

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I was a loyal viewer during Series 8 and 9. I still remember having some sort of faith in the show even when Hell Bent aired.

REDACTED

Mine was similar to both.

After the 50th celebrations as well as the 2013 Christmas special feeling like the issues that plagued the remake series for its first 8 years were gone and swept under the rug. I was excited by the idea of Capaldi's darker, older, no nonsense Doctor. It seemed like we were finally seeing NuWho rise up for the first time since it's false dawn in 2010. I even started looking back on the RTD years more fondly and saw them more as mere teething problems that would hopefully be forgotten with this new golden age.

Sadly, Series 8 proved to be the most crushing televisual experiences for me ever. Not even Series 2 in 2006 was that crushing....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum