You are not connected. Please login or register

Favourite Kamelion tale?

+3
stengos
Boofer
Pepsi Maxil
7 posters

Favourite Kamelion tale?

Favourite Kamelion tale? I_vote_lcap38%Favourite Kamelion tale? I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]
Favourite Kamelion tale? I_vote_lcap62%Favourite Kamelion tale? I_vote_rcap 62% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 8

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Favourite Kamelion tale? Empty Favourite Kamelion tale? 31st January 2020, 11:42 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

The King's Demons. Had more of an atmosphere to it and I liked the setting.

2Favourite Kamelion tale? Empty Re: Favourite Kamelion tale? 31st January 2020, 11:48 pm

Boofer

Boofer

3Favourite Kamelion tale? Empty Re: Favourite Kamelion tale? 31st January 2020, 11:56 pm

stengos

stengos

Planet of Fire.

Nice to see Jason Wyngarde again and i thought Ainley was quite good in this.

Sad to see Strickson leave. I thought he was one of JNT's better companion castings.

Last edited by stengos on 31st January 2020, 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

4Favourite Kamelion tale? Empty Re: Favourite Kamelion tale? 31st January 2020, 11:58 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Just post a link to the image. I don't want to wake up tomorrow morning and find that we've been taken down.

5Favourite Kamelion tale? Empty Re: Favourite Kamelion tale? 1st February 2020, 2:28 am

Ludders

Ludders

Planet of Fire wins by default, because the other option is The King's Demons.

6Favourite Kamelion tale? Empty Re: Favourite Kamelion tale? 1st February 2020, 7:52 am

iank

iank

POF. King's Demons has a really good first episode and then a completely BS second one.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

7Favourite Kamelion tale? Empty Re: Favourite Kamelion tale? 1st February 2020, 10:01 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

POF is dreary. The acting from a certain few cast members is so unbelievably dire that I just don't know how they weren't immediately given their cards and replaced by proper actors. At least Demons has Isla Blair, one of the finest actresses back then.

8Favourite Kamelion tale? Empty Re: Favourite Kamelion tale? 1st February 2020, 11:34 am

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Kamelion had to be the most pointless addition to the show's canon. The thinking seemed to be 'putting the expense on-screen' and nothing beyond that.

I voted Planet of Fire simply because it has more substance to it, and Fiona Cumming's direction is as lush as usual.

The King's Demons was just an inconclusive waste of time, and I can't help feel it usurped what could've been a far worthier season finale in Enlightenment.

9Favourite Kamelion tale? Empty Re: Favourite Kamelion tale? 1st February 2020, 3:09 pm

REDACTED

Both are pretty poor IMO. But I'd say enjoy The Kings Demons more. Yes it's a rather anti-climactic end to Season 20 and the story is pretty nonsensical in general but the first episode is good and has a rather lovely medieval atmosphere to it with the lovely costume and set design as well as that lovely vintage BBC period drama charm to it. The second episode is where it goes tits up and degenerates into a load of bollocks that leaves me feeling hollow.

Planet Of Fire is one of those stories that I really want to like, yet cannot get into. The Lanzarote location filming is nice and I like the twist of having it portray itself and the alien planet as well as Fiona Cumming's impressive direction. Yet it's let down by Grimwade's rather paper thin script and some rather dodgy acting with Ainley being at his most camp and panto (And this is coming from someone who likes his Master). The acting isn't all bad with Davison and Strickson being on top form and Bryant making a rather impressive debut. Sadly, none of these elements can save it from being a drab, dull experience.

10Favourite Kamelion tale? Empty Re: Favourite Kamelion tale? 1st February 2020, 3:40 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Indrid Mercury wrote:Bryant making a rather impressive debut

Which Planet of Fire were you watching? She was absolutely horrific in the one I saw.

11Favourite Kamelion tale? Empty Re: Favourite Kamelion tale? 1st February 2020, 3:43 pm

REDACTED

Pepsi Maxil wrote:
Indrid Mercury wrote:Bryant making a rather impressive debut

Which Planet of Fire were you watching?

This one.

Favourite Kamelion tale? Downlo14

We really need to get a drooling emoticon....

12Favourite Kamelion tale? Empty Re: Favourite Kamelion tale? 1st February 2020, 3:44 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Sara Griffiths and Bonnie Langford are much hotter and can actually act Big Grin

13Favourite Kamelion tale? Empty Re: Favourite Kamelion tale? 1st February 2020, 4:31 pm

stengos

stengos

Pepsi Maxil wrote:Sara Griffiths and Bonnie Langford are much hotter and can actually act Big Grin

I thought both the above were awful. Bryant played her role in Dr Who much more convincingly than either did. Although i accept Nicola had shortcomings in the acting department.

Nevertheless i thought you might enjoy this Maxil - particularly the clip at around 38 seconds.

Smile

14Favourite Kamelion tale? Empty Re: Favourite Kamelion tale? 1st February 2020, 5:26 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I could spend hours talking about how great Sara and Bonnie were. Maybe I'll do a Rey appreciation thread soon.

Woah, Bonnie is looking VERY tasty these days. That bubble butt is absolutely exquisite and should really be on my face. Thanks for sharing!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum