You are not connected. Please login or register

Fact: 1971-1976 is the NADIR of the classic series.

+4
Doctor7
Boofer
Tanmann
Pepsi Maxil
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Absolutely torrid period of the series. Dreary, self-righteous bollocks with crap companions and stories that would make even the worst sufferers of insomnia drift off to sleep within minutes of watching them.

Total shite. Thank fuck for Williams.

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Nah... Big Grin

Boofer

Boofer

Fact: 1971-1976 is the NADIR of the classic series. Giphy

Doctor7

It has good moments like the master,the decayed master introduction of the matrix the maggots,omega,davros,sontarans

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

The one thing I will say is that the Williams era did brain up the scripts a lot compared to the Letts and Hinchcliffe eras. I liked those eras but they could be a little old fashioned and cliched at times. Williams seemed to think the show should be a lot smarter, and he was probably the last showrunner the series had who believed that.

But in execution it was a bit more like getting shoddy, unfinished demo versions of what could've been stronger stories. Whereas under Letts and Hinchcliffe, they tended to know visually how to really have impact and go for the jugular.

So on that grounds, the Letts and Hinchcliffe era was superior, and everything after was downhill.

REDACTED

Maxil, you should stop the Q-tip if you feel any resistance.... Big Grin

iank

iank

Now, now, let's all hold hands and, whatever our differences, just come together in agreement that New Who is shit. Big Grin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

iank wrote:Now, now, let's all hold hands and, whatever our differences, just come together in agreement that New Who is shit. Big Grin

You don't want to hold my hand after what I've just done...

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Pepsi Maxil wrote:You don't want to hold my hand after what I've just done...

You mean you didn't even wash your hands after shitting on the classics?

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Can you add a shit emoji next to the 70s section as well, Clockwork?

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Pepsi Maxil wrote:Can you add a shit emoji next to the 70s section as well, Clockwork?

You misspelt 80s Wink

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Tanmann wrote:
Pepsi Maxil wrote:Can you add a shit emoji next to the 70s section as well, Clockwork?

You misspelt 80s Wink

You've just declared war.

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Pepsi Maxil wrote:
Tanmann wrote:

You misspelt 80s Wink

You've just declared war.

Pest control, more like Twisted Evil

Fendelman

Fendelman

If anything I think many of the stories in seasons 8-11 tend to be underrated. But yeah, I do think people tend to focus too much on the early-mid Tom Baker era and ignore a lot of the good stuff that came before and after. - But that's not to say there isn't a lot to like in that era, too.

In the end, there just really isn't any classic Who I don't like. (If you look at all the ratings I did last night: I don't really give super low ones to any classic Who.) I do think some stories are overrated or underrated, and sometimes get bored of certain stories though.

Ludders

Ludders

Fact: 1971-1976 is the NADIR of the classic series. WngmOH4

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum