Mott1
stengos
Doctor7
Fendelman
Tanmann
Pepsi Maxil
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread Empty Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread 29th January 2020, 9:21 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Smart, resourceful and yummy as all fuck.

Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread Nyssa_11

Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread Nyssa_13

Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread Nyysa10

Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread Nyssa_14

2Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread Empty Re: Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread 29th January 2020, 10:14 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I liked her in Season 18.

Beyond that she was just a cipher. Wasted potential indeed.

3Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread Empty Re: Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread 30th January 2020, 9:35 pm

Fendelman

Fendelman

Tanmann wrote:I liked her in Season 18. Beyond that she was just a cipher. Wasted potential indeed.

I want to argue that point (about Nyssa in season 19-20), but later tonight, for now I'm just out to do my part to discourage the no-fap movement... LOL

Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread Q110

Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread Q210

Now tell me you don't want to switch places with Adric in this shot here...

Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread Q10

4Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread Empty Re: Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread 30th January 2020, 9:39 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Now why couldn't Tegan have worn *that* flight attendant's uniform instead?

5Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread Empty Re: Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread 30th January 2020, 9:46 pm

Doctor7

She is just so loveable

6Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread Empty Re: Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread 30th January 2020, 10:09 pm

stengos

stengos

Very good actress and she worked very well with Davison. However, I felt the character lacked enough independence vis-a-vis the Doctor.

I sudddenly realised last year Nyssa / Sutton was very pretty aswell. Although she never quite matches Janet when Janet was wearing that dress with that cleavage.

7Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread Empty Re: Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread 30th January 2020, 10:32 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Fendelman wrote:
Tanmann wrote:I liked her in Season 18. Beyond that she was just a cipher. Wasted potential indeed.

I want to argue that point (about Nyssa in season 19-20), but later tonight, for now I'm just out to do my part to discourage the no-fap movement... LOL

Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread Q110

Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread Q210

Now tell me you don't want to switch places with Adric in this shot here...

Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread Q10

My head would be so far up her skirt if that was me LOL

8Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread Empty Re: Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread 30th January 2020, 10:47 pm

Mott1

Mott1

Nyssa's basically the exact opposite of the new travesty's companions, or indeed the new show's Doctors. Reserved, intelligent, dignified and sensitive.

Whereas Tegan was almost like a dry run for Donna Noble...

9Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread Empty Re: Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread 25th February 2020, 11:10 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I have been thinking about her a lot recently.

Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread Nyssa_15

Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread Nyssa_16

I honestly think Androzani would have carried more weight to it if Nyssa had been the companion. It would have also been interesting to see how she would have reacted to The Sixth Doctor's persona.

10Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread Empty Re: Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread 25th February 2020, 11:13 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I think there were a lot of missed opportunities with Nyssa.

Chiefly I think she should've been the one who got to finally off the Master.

11Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread Empty Re: Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread 25th February 2020, 11:17 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Tanmann wrote:I think there were a lot of missed opportunities with Nyssa.

She left too soon. I think she should have stayed and carried on travelling with the Sixth Doctor. I just don't see her standing for any of his nonsense. The Six/Peri relationship leaves me feeling quite hollow these days. It's hard to root for either of them.

12Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread Empty Re: Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread 25th February 2020, 11:24 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Pepsi Maxil Foley wrote:
Tanmann wrote:I think there were a lot of missed opportunities with Nyssa.

She left too soon. I think she should have stayed and carried on travelling with the Sixth Doctor. I just don't see her standing for any of his nonsense. The Six/Peri relationship leaves me feeling quite hollow these days. It's hard to root for either of them.

Well, it's one reason I do like the non-Saville portion of A Fix With Sontarans. As it allows Colin's Doctor to retain something of his devilment, but with Tegan there to stand up to him so that his behavior doesn't tip over into bullying.

The Colin-Peri is the worst thing about that era. It makes it feel a lot less fun, and worse, it made the moments where Peri got upset at the prospect of the Doctor's doom look less like the emotions of a caring friend, and more like a tragic victim of battered wife syndrome.

It would've been preferable perhaps for Colin to have had Revelation's Natasha as his companion.

As for Nyssa, I think JNT just had the belief that tabloid publicity for the show was best gained by having soap-like departures and arrivals in quick succession, and that was the chief reason for Nyssa's departure (I think Tegan was kept on because it was felt there needed to still be an Earth companion, and they were still hoping to coax Australian interest and co-production).

She didn't get much to do in her time because I think Eric Saward just wasn't very keen on the character or actress.

13Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread Empty Re: Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread 25th February 2020, 11:36 pm

iank

iank

lol I've never bought this horseshit. 6 and Peri are great fun together. They both give as good as they got.
Far more fun, far less toxic and difficult to watch than the 5th Doctor continually cringing until Tegan's endless haranguing.
It's just yet another deranged misreading of the show by people looking for excuses to justify their bias.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

14Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread Empty Re: Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread 25th February 2020, 11:56 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

It's hardly 'bias' if the makers set out with the intention to leave the audience with a questionable opinion of the new Doctor.

15Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread Empty Re: Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread 26th February 2020, 12:00 am

Fendelman

Fendelman

As much as I like Time-Flight as it is, I think they missed out on a great opportunity to make it one of the all time great stories of Dr. Who by having Nyssa take out the Master by briefly taking control of the Zeraphin. (That's actually what I was expecting to happen the first time I saw it.)

16Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread Empty Re: Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread 26th February 2020, 12:05 am

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I think Saward wanted the Master to get his final comeuppance in Time-Flight. But JNT refused the idea.

Still they could've probably done better to film something of a fake-out come-uppance, where we actually see the Master floored by the Doctor's time ram at the end, his TCE scattering from his grip, and a POV shot of the emerging nucleus towering over him, ready to devour him and he looks up in horror (then a hard cut).

If they could've fit Nyssa's telepathic communion with the Xeraphin to influence them to emerge and attack him, that would've been even better.

Last edited by Tanmann on 26th February 2020, 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total

17Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread Empty Re: Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread 26th February 2020, 12:05 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

iank wrote:
It's just yet another deranged misreading of the show by people looking for excuses to justify their bias.

I don't understand this attitude. I have no such bias to justify and I even I agree that their relationship was both tedious and alienating. I actually prefer watching Five and Tegan myself. Peri was a poorly conceived character. The real horseshit is fans giving her the free pass while simultaneously ragging on Mel, a far more resourceful and likable character.

18Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread Empty Re: Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread 26th February 2020, 12:14 am

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

There were moments I could see a warm, fond, workable pairing between them. Vengeance on Varos, Mark of the Rani, Revelation of the Daleks and Mysterious Planet.

But Twin Dilemma was such a needless bad start, and Timelash makes it almost feel like any progress between them suddenly never happened.

It feels like there's meant to be the build-up from alienated characters to understanding, close friends, but Saward never bothered to fill in the necessary gaps or nuances, and instead just doubled-down on the sniping.

19Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread Empty Re: Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread 26th February 2020, 1:17 am

The Brigade Leader

The Brigade Leader

Sarah Sutton, nice girl but so wooden the real reason she spent Kinda in the TARDIS was because she was suffering from Dutch Elm disease.

If long-standing rumours are to be believed Davo ploughed Sutton something rotten during Season 19, and that's why she stayed and Adric bit the dust, so for that at least we can be thankful.

Personally I've never been much of a fan. Even at the tender age of 5 I still preferred Tegan to boring old Nyssa, it was only when I got older I understood why.

20Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread Empty Re: Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread 26th February 2020, 6:12 am

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

The 6th Doctor/Peri was one of the best pairings in the shows history.

The Doctor bullying some stupid spoiled thicko American brat was hugely gratifying and satisfying rather than kissing arse to dumbed down Americana or thicko chavs like the NuPooh does.

Anyone who doesn't find their bickering entertaining is obviously not mature enough to appreciate the nuance there.

http://www.thefuckingobvious.com

21Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread Empty Re: Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread 26th February 2020, 7:45 am

Ludders

Ludders

Nyssa was lovely to look at, but as dull as fuck as a character. She's even more boring in her BF audios, unlike some others like Mel and Ace who come over much better when they're a bit older / when you can't see them. LOL

22Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread Empty Re: Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread 26th February 2020, 8:38 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I think seeing them is part of the appeal. I do think Janet was the better actress, but Sutton still impressed me in stories like Black Orchid and Snakedance. I think they're both strikingly beautiful.

Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread Friend10

Nyssa of Traken appreciation thread Source

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum