You are not connected. Please login or register

Films you've lost a lot of love for.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Films you've lost a lot of love for. Empty Films you've lost a lot of love for. 24th January 2020, 5:58 pm

REDACTED

Discuss.

2Films you've lost a lot of love for. Empty Re: Films you've lost a lot of love for. 24th January 2020, 6:30 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Batman Returns and Home Alone 2: Lost in New York.

3Films you've lost a lot of love for. Empty Re: Films you've lost a lot of love for. 24th January 2020, 6:37 pm

REDACTED

The former is still my favorite for the most part. I would agree with you on the latter though.

4Films you've lost a lot of love for. Empty Re: Films you've lost a lot of love for. 24th January 2020, 6:40 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

The Scream sequels probably.

I used to buy into their smug, smart-arsery and thought they were so hip, clever and modern. Now I look at Scream 2 and the scene with David Warner gives a brief glimpse of what the film could've been if it was interested in being more artistic and thematically rich. And as such it shows up the rest of the film as cynical and pandering.

I still think the first film holds up, but not the rest.

5Films you've lost a lot of love for. Empty Re: Films you've lost a lot of love for. 24th January 2020, 6:42 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Actually Liar, Liar's another one.

I remember seeing that at the cinema aged 15 and thinking it was a real fun laugh a minute.

I watched it years later and saw it as saccharine sentimental drivel, and pretty much the forerunner to Bruce Almighty being more of the same.

6Films you've lost a lot of love for. Empty Re: Films you've lost a lot of love for. 24th January 2020, 6:44 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

The Tim Burton Charlie and the Chocolate Factory film was a favourite of mine growing up. I find it very difficult to watch now.

7Films you've lost a lot of love for. Empty Re: Films you've lost a lot of love for. 24th January 2020, 6:50 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Maxil wrote:The Tim Burton Charlie and the Chocolate Factory film was a favourite of mine growing up. I find it very difficult to watch now.

I know what you mean. It's a little bit clinically done. Lacks a lot of the heart of the original, and Depp's Wonka just comes off as a narcissistic jerk.

8Films you've lost a lot of love for. Empty Re: Films you've lost a lot of love for. 24th January 2020, 7:18 pm

REDACTED

Tanmann wrote:
Maxil wrote:The Tim Burton Charlie and the Chocolate Factory film was a favourite of mine growing up. I find it very difficult to watch now.

I know what you mean. It's a little bit clinically done. Lacks a lot of the heart of the original, and Depp's Wonka just comes off as a narcissistic jerk.

Agreed. Also Freddie Highmore's Jesus Charlie comes across as too flawless rather than the more human real Peter Ostrum Charlie.

Last edited by Indrid Mercury on 24th January 2020, 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

9Films you've lost a lot of love for. Empty Re: Films you've lost a lot of love for. 24th January 2020, 7:20 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

He does indeed.

10Films you've lost a lot of love for. Empty Re: Films you've lost a lot of love for. 24th January 2020, 8:00 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Licence to Kill.

It used to be my favourite Bond film back in 2009. I like it still, but I much prefer Daylights now and I find the stuff in Key West to be a bit dull.

11Films you've lost a lot of love for. Empty Re: Films you've lost a lot of love for. 24th January 2020, 9:22 pm

iank

iank

I seem to have kind of gone off both Beetlejuice and Batman Returns the last few years.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

12Films you've lost a lot of love for. Empty Re: Films you've lost a lot of love for. 24th January 2020, 9:24 pm

REDACTED

Maxil wrote:Licence to Kill.

It used to be my favourite Bond film back in 2009. I like it still, but I much prefer Daylights now and I find the stuff in Key West to be a bit dull.

I still love Licence. Daylights is great for the first two acts but I always find the third act to be quite dragging. Also some of the elements haven't...aged well.

13Films you've lost a lot of love for. Empty Re: Films you've lost a lot of love for. 24th January 2020, 9:25 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Indrid Mercury wrote:

I still love Licence. Daylights is great for the first two acts but I always find the third act to be quite dragging. Also some of the elements haven't...aged well.

You mean where Bond basically helps Al-Qaeda win?

14Films you've lost a lot of love for. Empty Re: Films you've lost a lot of love for. 24th January 2020, 9:26 pm

iank

iank

lol I agree with that. Much prefer Licence. Probably the only non-Moore Bond I actually really enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

15Films you've lost a lot of love for. Empty Re: Films you've lost a lot of love for. 24th January 2020, 9:27 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Tanmann wrote:
Indrid Mercury wrote:

You mean where Bond basically helps Al-Qaeda win?

It was the 80s. Even John Rambo helped them defeat the invading Soviet army.

16Films you've lost a lot of love for. Empty Re: Films you've lost a lot of love for. 24th January 2020, 11:41 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Superman II.

I really liked it as a kid. I can't stand all that "Kneel before Zod" nonsense now. I'm actually surprised at how well Superman III holds up in comparison.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum