Boofer
UncleDeadly
Rawkuss
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1It's Dead Empty It's Dead 18th January 2020, 12:15 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

It's dead, gone buried, the old series is over and they aren't bringing it back. Whatever the new series mutates into, the classic series is dead and buried. Welcome to the future, fite meh!

2It's Dead Empty Re: It's Dead 18th January 2020, 1:27 pm

UncleDeadly

UncleDeadly

And its taken you this long to figure that out, has it?

3It's Dead Empty Re: It's Dead 18th January 2020, 1:47 pm

Boofer

Boofer

This might be the slowest epiphany since Hitler realised he was finally done for.

4It's Dead Empty Re: It's Dead 18th January 2020, 1:49 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

I don't know how to tell you this Rawkus, but Bruce Lee is dead too.

5It's Dead Empty Re: It's Dead 18th January 2020, 1:50 pm

stengos

stengos

Yes the old series is dead.

More to the point I think Chibnall is murdering NuWho as well. Indeed he may be killing off his own career at the same time. Surely very few commisioners of TV programmes would trust him with the money to develop a series after 'this'.

6It's Dead Empty Re: It's Dead 18th January 2020, 2:52 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

UncleDeadly wrote:And its taken you this long to figure that out, has it?

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

... no.

I am just wondering what you are still doing here if you don't expect things to turn around at some point?

7It's Dead Empty Re: It's Dead 18th January 2020, 2:53 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

burrunjor wrote:I don't know how to tell you this Rawkus, but Bruce Lee is dead too.

And I don't know how to tell you that it was a product of its time and not a cadre of SJW assassins in some feminist conspiracy.

8It's Dead Empty Re: It's Dead 18th January 2020, 2:54 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

stengos wrote:Yes the old series is dead.

More to the point I think Chibnall is murdering NuWho as well. Indeed he may be killing off his own career at the same time. Surely very few commisioners of TV programmes would trust him with the money to develop a series after 'this'.

Moffat got there long before Chibnall

9It's Dead Empty Re: It's Dead 18th January 2020, 3:47 pm

REDACTED

Rawkuss wrote:It's dead, gone buried, the old series is over and they aren't bringing it back. Whatever the new series mutates into, the classic series is dead and buried. Welcome to the future, fite meh!

Where the hell have you been the last 14 years?

10It's Dead Empty Re: It's Dead 18th January 2020, 3:58 pm

stengos

stengos

I guess you are right.

But when Titmoff left, the BBC put it on life support and left Nobchib to revive it. Nobchib then chose to take the plugs out, disconnected the backup support generator, ripped out all the wiring and left the show in the operating theatre flatlining.

I thought there was a glimmer of hope when rumours circulated that Michael Sheen and Neil Gaimen might replace Jodie and Chris. God I am naive.

11It's Dead Empty Re: It's Dead 18th January 2020, 4:12 pm

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

Rawkuss wrote:It's dead, gone buried, the old series is over and they aren't bringing it back. Whatever the new series mutates into, the classic series is dead and buried. Welcome to the future, fite meh!

Meanwhile, water is wet, humans can breathe oxygen in the air and Jimmy Hoffa has yet to be found.

12It's Dead Empty Re: It's Dead 18th January 2020, 4:31 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

To be honest, I'd mostly be fine with the classic series being dead (it had some good innings back in its 1970's prime, but nothing lasts forever), if this new thing that replaced it was good in its own right. Sometimes it has been, though very rarely. What I wanted was the series to produce more of that, and frankly it should still have the resources to do so.

With better scripts and casting, Rosa, Resolution or Orphan 55 could've been something good quality.

What I'm realizing now is that Orphan 55 was the new show trying it's best. And it was still bloody awful. Which pretty much confirms to me that it'll never get good again.

13It's Dead Empty Re: It's Dead 18th January 2020, 4:36 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Rawkuss wrote:
burrunjor wrote:I don't know how to tell you this Rawkus, but Bruce Lee is dead too.

And I don't know how to tell you that it was a product of its time and not a cadre of SJW assassins in some feminist conspiracy.

You're not going down the there was no SJW pandering in DW route are you? I've been proven right about every single thing I said about DW pandering to phoney regressive leftist politics and it failing as a result.

14It's Dead Empty Re: It's Dead 18th January 2020, 5:13 pm

Fendelman

Fendelman

Doctor Who died in 1989. Despite the TV movie, spin-offs, books, audios, etc... some of which were true to the original - Who is gone and it's not coming back.

NuWho was never a proper continuation of the classic series. S1 was shit, and (with an exception of just a few episodes) the whole RTD era was shit. Some of the early Matt Smith era was good - I liked about half of S5 - but it wasn't Doctor Who reborn, it was just what NuWho looked like when it got ok writing and a decent portrayal of the Doctor. Based only on S8 (I didn't see 9 and 10), I think Capaldi's Doctor could have been good, but the writing was getting to RTD-era levels of shitty again. Then NuWho died at the end of series 10.  

The stuff we're getting now isn't even fit to be called NuWho, it even makes stuff like Last of the Time Turds (an episode I think seriously deserves its 0/10) look good. This isn't NuWho, PooWho, or even NuPoo - it's just poo. The RTD-era killed Who (Eccleston's doctor was a cunt, Tennant's was a douchebag, and the writing was just plain shit). This SJW drivel is what is killing NewWho. The best thing that could happen to DW now is for it just to get cancelled - for good. (As long as they continue to animate the rest of the missing episodes)

15It's Dead Empty Re: It's Dead 18th January 2020, 5:44 pm

Zarius

Zarius

The old show ended with Death Comes To Time. Seven never became Eight/War/Nine/Ten/Eleven/Twelv/Thirteen, he died a hero and took the age of the Time Lords with him, passing the torch to Ace.

16It's Dead Empty Re: It's Dead 18th January 2020, 5:54 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

It was death by a thousand cuts really. Starting with the BBC's decision to shit-can Hinchcliffe.

17It's Dead Empty Re: It's Dead 18th January 2020, 7:29 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I really don't understand this thread. Mind you, I'm a very ssssssllllllloooooowwwww individual.

18It's Dead Empty Re: It's Dead 18th January 2020, 8:50 pm

iank

iank

It's Dead F6c10

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum