You are not connected. Please login or register

More Nu Who Target Novelisations

+3
SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe
ClockworkOcean
Zarius
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2More Nu Who Target Novelisations Empty Re: More Nu Who Target Novelisations 10th December 2019, 12:22 pm

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

Couldn't care less.

3More Nu Who Target Novelisations Empty Re: More Nu Who Target Novelisations 10th December 2019, 1:08 pm

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

Pretty cool to see. I do think that Robert Shearman is one of, if not the best Who writer, and Dalek felt like it was rewritten by RTD. So having an story that won't feel as restricted will be very exciting to see.
Also looking forward to The Crimson Horror book as I really enjoyed it in Series 7, and consider it to be one of the few standouts.

4More Nu Who Target Novelisations Empty Re: More Nu Who Target Novelisations 10th December 2019, 4:59 pm

stengos

stengos

Like the above I hope Sherman bases the book on his original script. I just wonder if he would be allowed to.

5More Nu Who Target Novelisations Empty Re: More Nu Who Target Novelisations 10th December 2019, 8:43 pm

iank

iank

New Who again riding the coattails of nostalgia for the old show, and vainly trying to pretend it's the same thing. Give it up already.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

6More Nu Who Target Novelisations Empty Re: More Nu Who Target Novelisations 10th December 2019, 9:58 pm

Boofer

Boofer

iank wrote:New Who again riding the coattails of nostalgia for the old show, and vainly trying to pretend it's the same thing. Give it up already.

I refuse to buy any of the stuff with the new logo on.

I'll wait until it's reissued, or pirate it.

7More Nu Who Target Novelisations Empty Re: More Nu Who Target Novelisations 11th December 2019, 4:38 am

Kaijuko

Kaijuko

I can't believe they'd try to dignify an episode as unlikeable and disposable as The Witchfinders by turning it into a book.  Utter desperation.

8More Nu Who Target Novelisations Empty Re: More Nu Who Target Novelisations 11th December 2019, 4:48 am

Kaijuko

Kaijuko

stengos wrote:Like the above I hope Sherman bases the book on his original script. I just wonder if he would be allowed to.

Hmm..  kind of interesting, but I'd much rather give Shearman's 'Jubilee' another spin-  it contains the same basic story elements that were reworked into 'Dalek' but done properly.

Last edited by Kaijuko on 11th December 2019, 11:48 am; edited 2 times in total

9More Nu Who Target Novelisations Empty Re: More Nu Who Target Novelisations 11th December 2019, 10:12 am

stengos

stengos

The only thing I found likeable about S.11 was the cinematography. The images on screen looked god.
The books won't have that. They can't. So I just feel 'whats the point of novelizing anything from that season?'
I also find Witchfinder a bizarre choice. Nothing memorable about it at all. I would have expected Rosa or The Girl Who Fell to Earth or the dalek one.
Still. Its not my money they are flushing down the toilet pan.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum