SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe
Doctor7
Bernard Marx
Ken Grubshaw
stengos
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

126Why did JNT stay so long?  - Page 6 Empty Re: Why did JNT stay so long? 2nd January 2020, 1:37 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Tanmann wrote:
Pepsi Maxil wrote:He also had a run in with government agents who threatened to kidnap his beloved dog (seen in Fenric) if he didn't go through with the Trial story. He knew the idea was a terrible one, but his loyalty to his canine friend was too strong. The media doesn't want you to know things like that.

Well, Trial wasn't actually that bad IMO.

I just think the first two segments are quite bland and lazy. Vervoids is probably the most enjoyable of the lot mainly because the events of the story have very little to do with the Trial itself. Ultimate Foe could have been something really special if it had been longer. The scenes in The Matrix are well done but they're very fleeting. I wish they had done more with the Victorian setting.

127Why did JNT stay so long?  - Page 6 Empty Re: Why did JNT stay so long? 2nd January 2020, 1:46 pm

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

Actually, thinking about it, I think we should all line up to get on all fours and become Eric Sawards doable barker too.

He deserves THE most credit for the 80's, a writer of god-like stature whom not even the likes of Terry Nation or Robert Holmes come remotely close toward in pure genius. Miserable lesbian blow-colds like Clegg come across as dried up old hacks by comparison with her "Yo ho ho, slap my thigh" pantos.

If Sadako says "woof" and chews on his rubber bone a bit more he might be honoured for first dibs.

There'd be no Government agents wanting to kidnap him I feel sure.

http://www.thefuckingobvious.com

128Why did JNT stay so long?  - Page 6 Empty Re: Why did JNT stay so long? 2nd January 2020, 2:14 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Pepsi Maxil wrote:I just think the first two segments are quite bland and lazy. Vervoids is probably the most enjoyable of the lot mainly because the events of the story have very little to do with the Trial itself. Ultimate Foe could have been something really special if it had been longer. The scenes in The Matrix are well done but they're very fleeting. I wish they had done more with the Victorian setting.

The ideas and concepts in the first two segments were actually quite out there and certainly conjured chills in me aged 11.

The problem is as the season progressed, the more vanilla it all seemed to become overall.

129Why did JNT stay so long?  - Page 6 Empty Re: Why did JNT stay so long? 2nd January 2020, 5:19 pm

REDACTED

Season 23 isn't terrible and has some decent concepts in there but it just feels like such a step down from 22 IMO. Its personally my least favorite season of the original series.

The Mysterious Planet is a decent runaround, although it feels rather bland and generic compared to what came in the previous season IMO.

Mindwarp is just an utter pile of messy shite....

Terror Of The Vervoids is the most enjoyable even though its just a forgettable remake of ''The Robots Of Death''. Yolande Palfrey is a plus.  Wink

The Ultimate Foes first part is solid but the second part devolves into dull, convoluted bollocks.

Last edited by Indrid Mercury on 2nd January 2020, 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

130Why did JNT stay so long?  - Page 6 Empty Re: Why did JNT stay so long? 2nd January 2020, 5:25 pm

Fendelman

Fendelman

I like both Mysterious Planet and Vervoids - I'd give at least 8/10 for both

Mindwarp is just a mess - In the Colin Baker Years tape, he says it wasn't even clear to him whether the Doctor has been effected by the mindwarp machine and is betraying Peri or whether he is pretending to betray Peri as part of some plan, or whether as we find out in Ultimate Foe, the Valeyard tampered with the matrix and none of this ever actually happened.

Ultimate Foe is a bit of a mixed bag - There's some good stuff in there. I agree the matrix scenes are neat. But, it sort of ends before we figure out what is going on. Somehow the timelords (or some of the timelords) conjured up the Valeyard to keep the Doctor from finding out whatever they did to Earth, but how? And why did they move the Earth and rename it Ravolox in the first place? And what happened to the Valeyard?

Then in Time and the Rani we see 6 travelling with Mel (with no explanation of how he met her in the first place - Wasn't she from the Doctor's future?) regenerate into 7 for no good reason. Overall, I think Time and the Rani is underrated and like the rest of the story, but the regeneration scene makes no sense whatsoever. In the end, I just like to think that there is a whole bunch of stuff in between Ultimate Foe and Time and the Rani that happened that we never saw.

As for JNT, I don't really know anything about the behind-the-scenes stuff. As far as I'm concerned, he produced a lot of great Doctor Who (not every story was great - but that can be said of any era) and that's the end of it.

131Why did JNT stay so long?  - Page 6 Empty Re: Why did JNT stay so long? 2nd January 2020, 5:27 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Indrid Mercury wrote:Yolande Palfrey is a plus.  Wink

She was my first TV crush, so I concur.

132Why did JNT stay so long?  - Page 6 Empty Re: Why did JNT stay so long? 2nd January 2020, 5:30 pm

REDACTED

I found her much cuter in Blake's 7 myself.

Shame she died so young. Sad

Why did JNT stay so long?  - Page 6 2352710

133Why did JNT stay so long?  - Page 6 Empty Re: Why did JNT stay so long? 2nd January 2020, 5:32 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Tanmann wrote:
Indrid Mercury wrote:Yolande Palfrey is a plus.  Wink

She was my first TV crush, so I concur.

Mine was Divatox from the Power Rangers series. I'm pretty sure I got my first boner watching her in the Turbo Power Rangers movie. Those tits, bro.

Why did JNT stay so long?  - Page 6 Divato10

Why did JNT stay so long?  - Page 6 Tits10

134Why did JNT stay so long?  - Page 6 Empty Re: Why did JNT stay so long? 2nd January 2020, 5:37 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Wow!

Definitely pushing the envelope for kids' TV. Shocked

135Why did JNT stay so long?  - Page 6 Empty Re: Why did JNT stay so long? 2nd January 2020, 5:38 pm

REDACTED

Took the words right outta my mouth. LOL

136Why did JNT stay so long?  - Page 6 Empty Re: Why did JNT stay so long? 2nd January 2020, 5:41 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I certainly wouldn't mind Turbo motor-boating those baps.... Big Grin

137Why did JNT stay so long?  - Page 6 Empty Re: Why did JNT stay so long? 2nd January 2020, 5:43 pm

REDACTED

That's the best thing about these threads. Some fucker has to bring fap material on and it evolves into a *insert hot actress or whatever* appreciation thread. LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum