You are not connected. Please login or register

Full Fat Videos Family Of Blood Review

+2
iank
REDACTED
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Full Fat Videos Family Of Blood Review Empty Full Fat Videos Family Of Blood Review 23rd October 2019, 8:36 pm

REDACTED

2Full Fat Videos Family Of Blood Review Empty Re: Full Fat Videos Family Of Blood Review 23rd October 2019, 9:49 pm

iank

iank

lols It's shit.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

3Full Fat Videos Family Of Blood Review Empty Re: Full Fat Videos Family Of Blood Review 23rd October 2019, 10:08 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Hmm... I’m not sure if I agree with the video’s overarching point. Firstly, if the character of the Doctor is fundamentally alien in the context of the story, why does Tennant get romantically engaged with numerous women throughout his era, and with ease? The episode could have been successful at exploring the Doctor’s venturing into an ordinary life if the character was completely isolated from human experience, which Tennant’s Doctor isn’t. I’ve not read the VNA for the story, but I guess you could argue that it suits McCoy’s Doctor due to him being generally out of touch with typical human emotion (he’s something of a bastard, quite clearly), but I don’t know if it works for Tennant, hence why I don’t buy the ending of the story. The line “falling in love, that didn’t occur to him” doesn’t ring true to me, as Tennant’s incarnation should logically be more familiar with love, as with the sheer soap opera agony of series 2. He never really struggles with the concept of love during series 2 either according to memory. That, and the fact that it renders him a moral hypocrite (as with Last of the Time Lords where he ‘forgives’ the Master for causing a year long torment towards the human race).

Not even that, but if the episode showcased Tennant’s Doctor renouncing the ‘John Smith’ within him and embracing his otherness by the end (in a rather ludicrous fashion, I might add), why does he turn into a ranting twat in The End of Time over the concept of regeneration?

This just sums up my frustrations and dislike of Tennant’s Doctor and era- it’s shockingly inconsistent in every way, amidst many other things.

4Full Fat Videos Family Of Blood Review Empty Re: Full Fat Videos Family Of Blood Review 24th October 2019, 1:34 am

Ludders

Ludders

This story just proves that Tennant can act, but the characterisation of the Doctor is shit.
He was fine as John Smith, but as soon as he became the Doctor again it just turned to shit.

5Full Fat Videos Family Of Blood Review Empty Re: Full Fat Videos Family Of Blood Review 24th October 2019, 4:06 pm

UncleDeadly

UncleDeadly

It proves that he can act within a very limited range. Give him a "normal" character to play and he just about gets away with it, ask him to provide charisma, intelligence, authority and eccentricity and he's hopelessly at sea.

6Full Fat Videos Family Of Blood Review Empty Re: Full Fat Videos Family Of Blood Review 25th October 2019, 8:20 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Actually I thought Tennant was pretty good at playing a more alien character with darker shades of moral ambiguity in Dalek Empire III.

I'm not sure I'd have cast him as the Doctor on the strength of it though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum