You are not connected. Please login or register

Favourite Prequels?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Favourite Prequels? Empty Favourite Prequels? 13th September 2019, 3:49 pm

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

Unlike sequels which often enough match or even surpass the original, the 'prequel' is a term that conjures a bad taste in most people's mouths.

What do you think did it well?

Personally ...

Being an cultured intellectual I have quite some appreciation for the Star Wars prequels, and I put Revenge up there with the original two - above Return. Rogue One a little lower.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes was a suprise and I enjoyed it more than any of the PotA sequels.

The X-Men prequels were another pleasant surprise. First Class and the semi-prequel Days of Future Past.

I didn't hate the Hobbit films, though they started from 'decent enough' and declined from there.

I've said elsewhere that I'm a fan of Prometheus.

I can't think of any others atm.

2Favourite Prequels? Empty Re: Favourite Prequels? 13th September 2019, 3:55 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Rogue One, definitely.

Not seen Revenge of the Sith in a long while. I remember it hit all my fanboy squee spots at the time, but I think now I'd see it and all its glaring flaws in a lot more cynical a light.

Personally I don't know if I'd see Rise of the Planet of the Apes as a prequel so much as a new starting ground for a franchise reboot, like Batman Begins.

Prometheus was alright, and certainly better than any other Alien film in the 90's or 2000s. Don't know if I'd class it as a favourite necessarily though.

Technically I suppose if the recent Wonder Woman movie was part of the DC extended universe films, but specifically had to rewind the clock to tell her origin story after she'd already been a regular, I suppose that would make it a prequel of sorts, and as such that's one of the most satisfying comic book movies I've seen in a long while.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum