You are not connected. Please login or register

Recommended books on politics and world events...

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I'll start:

One of the best books I've read explaining the rise and tenacity of Jihadist militia groups in the Middle East and Africa, is a book called Jihad and Co, by a Canadian researcher (with family ties to Pakistan) called Aisha Ahmad, who explains how fanatical Islamist movements emerge naturally from and thrive in conflict zone black markets.

It made me understand why the rise of the Taliban, Al-Qaeda and ISIS happened so quickly in ways I never could before.

I'd recommend mainly getting the Kindle edition as it's far cheaper than the paperback.

This fairly lengthy interview gives a good gist of her take.

Other recommends on the issues of the Middle East:

Paul Collier & Alexander Betts: "Refuge: Transforming a Broken Refugee System"
Mark Curtis: "Secret Affairs: Britain's Collusion with Radical Islam (second edition)"
Peter Neumann: "Radicalized: New Jihadists and the Threat to the West"

stengos

stengos

Its so annoying when they disable the comments on these things because of some irresponsible pratt's postings. Part of the interest for me is to see what others are saying about the video.

Ho-hum.

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I thought maybe it might be over something offensive specifically said about Aisha under that video by some cretin. But looking over the channel it seems pretty much all their videos have disabled comments, so it might not be over that.

I think the video did have comments available once, but not anymore.

Aisha did give a few other talks around her book that were uploaded on youtube, but they seem to have been since deleted.

Boofer

Boofer

Easily the most important book about political influence and manipulation ever written.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Manufacturing-Consent-Political-Economy-Media/dp/0099533111

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I've an older brother who owns a lot of Chomsky's work, so I should be able to lend a copy off him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum