+4
REDACTED
Boofer
stengos
burrunjor
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Favourite Music Videos. - Page 2 Empty Re: Favourite Music Videos. 19th November 2019, 4:56 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Cunnus Maximus wrote:Terrible fucking actor and singer though.

Na, Patsy's got a nice voice. Certainly much better than a lot of the female singers I hear on the radio these days.

27Favourite Music Videos. - Page 2 Empty Re: Favourite Music Videos. 19th November 2019, 5:39 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

i like the Martika version a bit more.

28Favourite Music Videos. - Page 2 Empty Re: Favourite Music Videos. 19th November 2019, 6:23 pm

Boofer

Boofer

Pepsi Maxil wrote:
Cunnus Maximus wrote:Terrible fucking actor and singer though.

Na, Patsy's got a nice voice. Certainly much better than a lot of the female singers I hear on the radio these days

She's a better self-critic than you are music critic Razz

Pasty Brexit wrote:My musical career was sort of a distraction from what I really wanted to do. I knew I didn't have the capacity to be a great singer. To be honest, I cringe a little bit when people talk about Eighth Wonder

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/profiles/patsy-kensit-you-ask-the-questions-313081.html

29Favourite Music Videos. - Page 2 Empty Re: Favourite Music Videos. 19th November 2019, 6:38 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

She's obviously wrong.

30Favourite Music Videos. - Page 2 Empty Re: Favourite Music Videos. 19th November 2019, 7:11 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

To be fair, the modern nostalgia industry of musical retrospective clip shows seems to particularly grind yesterday's pop stars down into a sense of constantly reinforced embarrassment and cringing at their old music, old fashions, and their past TV performances.

It makes me realize why some pop stars had to become absolute monstrous divas just to keep their esteem and ego intact in that industry.

But those who aren't, when on those retrospective shows, all they seem able to talk about is how embarrassed they now feel looking back at a clip from TOTP at a few seconds of footage of them making a dance move or little flirtation with a back-up dancer that they now think is utterly cringe, but doesn't really even seem to matter that much.

31Favourite Music Videos. - Page 2 Empty Re: Favourite Music Videos. 19th November 2019, 7:51 pm

Boofer

Boofer

Tanmann wrote:the modern nostalgia industry of musical retrospective clip shows seems to particularly grind yesterday's pop stars down into a sense of constantly  reinforced embarrassment and cringing at their old music, old fashions, and their past TV performances.

I very much doubt these shows are the reason for retrospective celebrity embarrassments. It's either, a. because they were actually shit at the time, or b. their performances belong to a very different cultural and aesthetic Zeitgeist - to the extent where the differences seem uncanny and anachronistic.

Anyway, this was from a newspaper interview from over 14 years ago, before the explosion of 'clips and cunts' shows on the telly.

32Favourite Music Videos. - Page 2 Empty Re: Favourite Music Videos. 19th November 2019, 7:51 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Cunnus Maximus wrote:
Tanmann wrote:the modern nostalgia industry of musical retrospective clip shows seems to particularly grind yesterday's pop stars down into a sense of constantly  reinforced embarrassment and cringing at their old music, old fashions, and their past TV performances.

I very much doubt these shows are the reason for retrospective celebrity embarrassments. It's either, a. because they were actually shit at the time, or b. their performances belong to a very different cultural and aesthetic Zeitgeist - to the extent where the differences seem uncanny and anachronistic.

Anyway, this was from a newspaper interview from over 14 years ago, before the explosion of 'clips and cunts' shows on the telly.

She's just incredibly modest about her talents. The best ones usually are.

33Favourite Music Videos. - Page 2 Empty Re: Favourite Music Videos. 19th November 2019, 8:01 pm

Boofer

Boofer

She did have great tits.

34Favourite Music Videos. - Page 2 Empty Re: Favourite Music Videos. 19th November 2019, 8:25 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Cunnus Maximus wrote:I very much doubt these shows are the reason for retrospective celebrity embarrassments. It's either, a. because they were actually shit at the time, or b. their performances belong to a very different cultural and aesthetic Zeitgeist - to the extent where the differences seem uncanny and anachronistic.

Yes but I think what that clip show culture does, is keep that old footage in rotation and cut straight to those embarrassing shockers or the stuff the commentary can smugly throw shade on, and the effect of which just seems to leave the former starlet having more reason to be self-critical and self-conscious of what they shouldn't have done or wore on stage twenty years ago.

Moments that I imagine in a previous age, they, and the world would otherwise be allowed to forget about as unimportant. But now it seems like constant negative reinforcement of how everything they did was wrong.

And I think that clips and cunts trend was already alive and well back in 2005. Infact didn't it start back in 2000 with the I Love the 1970s/1980's series, which got increasingly nasty and vitriolic the further into the 80's it got.

Though as I come to think of it, I don't recall they ever touched on Eighth Wonder (so maybe such clip shows just forgot they existed completely). And I think the only episode Patsy Kensit was on was I love 1986 where she talked about filming Absolute Beginners.

35Favourite Music Videos. - Page 2 Empty Re: Favourite Music Videos. 16th December 2019, 12:23 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Very simple but nicely directed music video. Girl looks really pretty, too.

36Favourite Music Videos. - Page 2 Empty Re: Favourite Music Videos. 3rd January 2020, 9:30 pm

REDACTED

Nothing really standout, but it has always left me feeling fuzzy for some reason.

37Favourite Music Videos. - Page 2 Empty Re: Favourite Music Videos. 3rd January 2020, 9:36 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I like it

Very warm and gentle.

And Susanna Hoffs is very easy on the eye indeed.

38Favourite Music Videos. - Page 2 Empty Re: Favourite Music Videos. 3rd January 2020, 9:47 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

The Killers did some really good ones. Nice to see Eric Roberts in there.

39Favourite Music Videos. - Page 2 Empty Re: Favourite Music Videos. 3rd January 2020, 9:51 pm

REDACTED

Pepsi Maxil wrote:The Killers did some really good ones. Nice to see Eric Roberts in there.

This one was always my favorite. (Both song and video).

40Favourite Music Videos. - Page 2 Empty Re: Favourite Music Videos. 7th January 2020, 3:00 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

This is one of the most enjoyable music videos I've seen. The whole thing just feels so genuine and carefree.

41Favourite Music Videos. - Page 2 Empty Re: Favourite Music Videos. 16th January 2020, 9:57 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

42Favourite Music Videos. - Page 2 Empty Re: Favourite Music Videos. 24th January 2020, 8:52 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Their best song by a country mile. The video is just as incredible:

43Favourite Music Videos. - Page 2 Empty Re: Favourite Music Videos. 26th January 2020, 4:01 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

This one's becoming a new favourite lately.

Almost feels set in a Big Finish audio.

44Favourite Music Videos. - Page 2 Empty Re: Favourite Music Videos. 26th January 2020, 4:10 pm

REDACTED

The imagery in this one creeped me out once upon a time...

45Favourite Music Videos. - Page 2 Empty Re: Favourite Music Videos. 3rd February 2020, 11:23 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

46Favourite Music Videos. - Page 2 Empty Re: Favourite Music Videos. 8th February 2020, 6:55 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

This one's kind of fun...

47Favourite Music Videos. - Page 2 Empty Re: Favourite Music Videos. 8th February 2020, 8:05 pm

REDACTED

I'm quite fond of this one. The imagery is very lush.

48Favourite Music Videos. - Page 2 Empty Re: Favourite Music Videos. 9th February 2020, 11:35 am

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

For some reason this one just gives me a happy 90's nostalgia.

And I do like the way she interacts with the camera.

49Favourite Music Videos. - Page 2 Empty Re: Favourite Music Videos. 10th February 2020, 8:43 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Agnetha is so beautiful.

50Favourite Music Videos. - Page 2 Empty Re: Favourite Music Videos. 10th February 2020, 8:47 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Yeah I always thought ABBA's music videos were a classy cut-above.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum