Howard Jones
New Order
Kate Bush
Bill Medley
Wham

2Favourite music? Empty Re: Favourite music? 11th March 2018, 1:19 pm

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

HUGE Metallica fan. I love nearly every single one of their albums. I actually saw them live in Glasgow last year and they were simply phenomenal.

3Favourite music? Empty Re: Favourite music? 11th March 2018, 10:05 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Well obviously Amy Winehouse. IMO she was the greatest singer/songwriter of her generation.

SJWs hate this song. Its brilliant!

Aside from Amy my other fave is definitely Queen. Freddie's voice was just absolutely amazing.

I also love the Beatles. John Lennon was my favourite. I know he was an arsehole, but that's part of why he was so interesting.

I also love the Sex Pistols too. Again I know Johnny is an utter arsehole, but that's part of his charm. Some of the stuff he did with PIL is brilliant too like this overlooked gem, but I wouldn't say am I quite as big a fan of them.

I also love The Rolling Stones, Billie Holiday, and Jimi Hendrix.

Among modern artists that I like include, Lady Gaga and Caro Emerald. Caro Emerald is very underrated. She kind of looks like Ingrid Oliver too which is a HUGE plus for me.

I also LOVE Paloma Faith too. She has become a bit super feminist recently which is annoying. I don't dislike her for it though, as she hasn't been an asshole about it like Lily Allen, but I did resent her having Owen Jones on her album, as in order to get it I had to give that little piece of shit some money, when normally I'd rather stick my cock in a blender than support Owen Jones in any way shape or form.

Still love her stuff, particularly her early work.

4Favourite music? Empty Re: Favourite music? 11th March 2018, 10:30 pm

Defeatment

Everyone I admit this to thinks I'm Trolling, but I was one of the few who really got and enjoyed the Lou Reed and Metallica album "Lulu"

Other than that, quite old skool in liking

The Beatles
Jimi Hendrix Experience
Pink Floyd
Soft Machine

Grew out of Led Zeppelin a lot faster than I grew out of The Doors.

From now I love

Manic Street Preachers
MGMT

Although I remember BRITPOP, the songs making me nostalgic are the Dance Hits from that decade.
I watch Clubland TV more than MTV2 and VH1.

I do not condone what the musicians I like did or said some years ago.
I am aware of what an arse Lennon was, but most think he was just killed by Mark Chapman and didn't think to mention anything about the failed Bay of Pigs and Frank Sturgis friend who happened to be the doorman if the Dakota at the time.

5Favourite music? Empty Re: Favourite music? 11th March 2018, 10:34 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Metal when I was in my teens and everything has been drum and bass/breakbeat since then, although I did take a lot of drugs between those two periods and had a brief phase of listening to happy hardcore that I will not admit to now.

6Favourite music? Empty Re: Favourite music? 11th March 2018, 10:53 pm

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

Defeatment wrote:Everyone I admit this to thinks I'm Trolling, but I was one of the few who really got and enjoyed the Lou Reed and Metallica album "Lulu"

LOL. Are you serious? I'm the biggest Metallica fanboy you'll ever find, and even I'll admit that album was a fucking abomination. By far their WORST work.

It sounds like they recorded an amateur band rehearsing in one room and a senile old man reciting poetry in the other room, and then they just spliced the two recordings together.

7Favourite music? Empty Re: Favourite music? 11th March 2018, 11:00 pm

Boofer

Boofer

Mr. Happy wrote:Metal when I was in my teens and everything has been drum and bass/breakbeat since then, although I did take a lot of drugs between those two periods and had a brief phase of listening to happy hardcore that I will not admit to now.

You get a free pass if it's pre-95 happy hardcore (basically breakbeat hardcore), but if you've listened to anything on a Bonkers compilation, I'll be sending the music police around. Wink

Sort of in order for me it's: jazz, metal, motown, electropop, house, acid house, hardcore, jungle, d&b, garage, breakstep classical, breakcore, dubstep (original stuff) chillstep, liquid, drumfunk, avant garde.

Basically anything and everything, but with a fixation on the breaks/atmospheric sides of d&b/jungle.

8Favourite music? Empty Re: Favourite music? 11th March 2018, 11:13 pm

Defeatment

DeadManRising wrote:
Defeatment wrote:Everyone I admit this to thinks I'm Trolling, but I was one of the few who really got and enjoyed the Lou Reed and Metallica album "Lulu"

LOL. Are you serious? I'm the biggest Metallica fanboy you'll ever find, and even I'll admit that album was a fucking abomination. By far their WORST work.

It sounds like they recorded an amateur band rehearsing in one room and a senile old man reciting poetry in the other room, and then they just spliced the two recordings together.    

It just clicked with me more than Lou's other stuff. Including the mighty Berlin album.
This is my favourite from the album as it just goes on and on. Probably everything people said about it, but I love it!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum