Boofer's Psychic Review of Season 12

+4
Rob Filth
TiberiusDidNothingWrong
ClockworkOcean
Pepsi Maxil
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Boofer's Psychic Review of Season 12 Empty Boofer's Psychic Review of Season 12 26th April 2019, 7:24 pm

Boofer

Boofer

It's shit lads, don't bother.

2Boofer's Psychic Review of Season 12 Empty Re: Boofer's Psychic Review of Season 12 26th April 2019, 8:03 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I agree.

I did enjoy the Doctor/Yaz fisting scene, though. Classic stuff.

3Boofer's Psychic Review of Season 12 Empty Re: Boofer's Psychic Review of Season 12 26th April 2019, 8:10 pm

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

I think I had the same reading round the back of Tesco's the other day.

I'm only a novice scatomancer so I weren't confident enough to post.

4Boofer's Psychic Review of Season 12 Empty Re: Boofer's Psychic Review of Season 12 26th April 2019, 10:41 pm

iank

iank

I can't say I was planning to bother. I didn't with the last one.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

5Boofer's Psychic Review of Season 12 Empty Re: Boofer's Psychic Review of Season 12 26th April 2019, 10:48 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

The worst bit is when they turned the Meddling Monk into the Meddling Nun. What a bunch of wankers! I'm looking forward to Series 13 and the new look TARDIS complete with a wheelchair ramp at the door.

6Boofer's Psychic Review of Season 12 Empty Re: Boofer's Psychic Review of Season 12 26th April 2019, 11:02 pm

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

The first half of Series 11 alone left such a bad taste that it took me several months to be able to enjoy any part of the franchise again, so I won't risk it. I don't want to contribute to the viewing figures either, so I'll stick to bowlestrek's reviews.

7Boofer's Psychic Review of Season 12 Empty Re: Boofer's Psychic Review of Season 12 27th April 2019, 4:56 am

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

iank wrote:I can't say I was planning to bother. I didn't with the last one.
My attitude towards it entirely.

I always said back in 2006/7 when we discussed the possibilities of the Doctor gender-flipping through regeneration on Logopolis Metropolis that if the production team caved in to Murdoch and all of the other tabloid twats who never watch the programme and brought it up EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME the lead part was recast that it would be the transgression that would make me stop watching and I meant it.

Had there been a good narrative reason for it I may have continued watching, but there wasn't, the writers are just plain too fucking thick for that.

I've packed away and archived all of my old Doctor Who collection now - a previous love turned completely sour.

Fuck it, there's far better shit out there, I've been heavily re-discovering my love for 2000ad in recent years, Doctor Who and the BBC can fuck right off as far as I'm concerned.

The whole franchise is completely tainted and spoiled and the whole concept around the Time Lords utterly ruined.

It's just become a piss-weak parody.

http://www.thefuckingobvious.com

8Boofer's Psychic Review of Season 12 Empty Re: Boofer's Psychic Review of Season 12 27th April 2019, 10:31 pm

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

I really don't get the psychology that allows the work of future writers to ruin the past. The only connection between Classic Who and NuWho is there precisely because RTD, Moffat and Chibnall say it is. Are you really going to let them persuade you of that? You decide what is Doctor Who, and it's very easy to dismiss what returned after nigh twenty years in a completely different format with different people.

Simply put: it isn't the same work.

Classic Who only holds together itself as a single work because of the overlap. There's no reason for NuWho to effect your views on the Classic series.

9Boofer's Psychic Review of Season 12 Empty Re: Boofer's Psychic Review of Season 12 27th April 2019, 11:28 pm

iank

iank

I agree entirely. If anything the death of New Who has only increased my enjoyment and appreciation of the real program.

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

iank wrote:I agree entirely. If anything the death of New Who has only increased my enjoyment and appreciation of the real program.

The thing is though, after watching the Classic Series about 20+ times(or possibly even more) to the point you know the dialogue off by heart, it does get a bit monotonous and boring.

Apart from the Mission to the Unknown re-enactment and recent Macra Terror animation, there's absolutely fuck all to look forward to.

I wish BBV/Reeltime would start up again and give us some 8th Doctor adventures or some more Classic Series spin offs.

http://www.thefuckingobvious.com

Zarius

Zarius

Rob Filth wrote:
iank wrote:I agree entirely. If anything the death of New Who has only increased my enjoyment and appreciation of the real program.

The thing is though, after watching the Classic Series about 20+ times(or possibly even more) to the point you know the dialogue off by heart, it does get a bit monotonous and boring.

This is especially true if you saw all of the Twitch sessions last year and earlier this year, which would often rerun the serials twice or thrice. I can go a couple of years without seeing a classic now, though if someone is reacting to it on Youtube I'll give it a go (Seskasays and 7th Hour Films have done classic reactions and seem to be enjoying them)

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Zarius wrote:(Seskasays and 7th Hour Films have done classic reactions and seem to be enjoying them)

Sesska's reaction vids are a bit too fangirly and twee for me.

Zarius

Zarius

Tanmann wrote:
Zarius wrote:(Seskasays and 7th Hour Films have done classic reactions and seem to be enjoying them)

Sesska's reaction vids are a bit too fangirly and twee for me.

I like her enthusiasm for Barbera, and I'd rather have her than that nutjob Shayla who I keep getting in my recommendations.

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Fair enough.

Boofer

Boofer

Zarius wrote:
Rob Filth wrote:

This is especially true if you saw all of the Twitch sessions last year and earlier this year, which would often rerun the serials twice or thrice. I can go a couple of years without seeing a classic now, though if someone is reacting to it on Youtube I'll give it a go (Seskasays and 7th Hour Films have done classic reactions and seem to be enjoying them)

I've watched very little classic Who these last 2 years or so.

I can practically re-run some stories in my head.

The only thing I'd be remotely excited for is the return of a missing story in its completion.

iank

iank

Ah well, that goes down to "overwatching", which I try to avoid. But jeez, surely there's more than enough material in 26 years of classic to stretch them out (i.e once a fortnight, or even once a month) so you can watch so many stories per year, and still have it be anything from 4-6 (or even more) years before seeing the same ones again, while still watching the show fairly regularly?! That's what I do...
Avoid compressed marathons like the bloody plague is my advice. Wink

Boofer

Boofer

iank wrote:Ah well, that goes down to "overwatching", which I try to avoid. But jeez, surely there's more than enough material in 26 years of classic to stretch them out (i.e once a fortnight, or even once a month) so you can watch so many stories per year, and still have it be anything from 4-6 (or even more) years before seeing the same ones again, while still watching the show fairly regularly?! That's what I do...
Avoid compressed marathons like the bloody plague is my advice. Wink

There are arrangements of neurons in my head that can't be overwritten any more.

Long after the rest of my mind has capitulated to some kind of dementia, I'll be stumbling around a dilapidated old people's home in my pissed and shitted pants quoting bits of season 13 to inanimate objects.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum