Boofer
burrunjor
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Cast Romana Empty Cast Romana 27th November 2018, 12:31 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

I was just wondering imagine New Who was good and they were doing a Romana spin of set in E-Space (I never liked the Romana as President crap Paul Cornell introduced.)

Who would you cast as Romana? (Serious suggestions please. No men LOL.)

I think Katey Sagal would be a good choice. Not only is she my favourite actress, but I can see her being kind of like a female Jon Pertwee.

Like Pertwee she is older, striking looking, towering, has a lot of authority and charisma, is very serious, no nonsense, quite sarcastic and I can picture her being very physical like Pertwee despite her age.

I can easily see her Romana beating up lots of guys like Pertwee. She could use Leela's HIYAAAAA like Pertwees AkKKKKIIIAAAA LOL.

For Romana you need a woman with a lot of personality, class and intelligence. However as we have only seen two Romana's whose characters aren't that well developed in comparison to the Doctors, then there would be a lot to add to her. Ironically for that reason you could argue that as a character Romana is MORE enticing for people to write for than the Doctor.

You could easily add a physical element to Romana's character too like Jon did for the Doctor and IMO Katey could do that.

She'd have to be less horrible than Gemma, but Katey is great at playing unbelievable badasses.

Katie McGrath would be another good choice. She played Morgana and Merlin and could give us a more edgy, ruthless Romana.

Ingrid Oliver would be obviously have been perfect (don't worry I won't go into why again LOL, but she would have been a real old school Romana)

I also would like Dawn Steele to be Romana. She was on Monarch of the Glen and IMO could be quite a hard, authoritative Romana too.

What are your choices?

2Cast Romana Empty Re: Cast Romana 27th November 2018, 1:27 am

Boofer

Boofer

Caroline Catz = Perfect.

OR

Sophie Winkleman.

3Cast Romana Empty Re: Cast Romana 27th November 2018, 1:53 am

bryanbraddock

bryanbraddock

Has to be Lena Headey for me.
Beautiful, intelligent. tough and a great actress.
Cast Romana E3aeff09c48cd612e0cd47fdbc4d9235

4Cast Romana Empty Re: Cast Romana 27th November 2018, 2:13 am

iank

iank

Emilia Fox. Clemence Poesy.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

5Cast Romana Empty Re: Cast Romana 24th January 2019, 8:46 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

bryanbraddock wrote:Has to be Lena Headey for me.
Beautiful, intelligent. tough and a great actress.
Cast Romana E3aeff09c48cd612e0cd47fdbc4d9235

Cast Romana Simpso10

6Cast Romana Empty Re: Cast Romana 24th February 2019, 8:50 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Janet Jackson.

7Cast Romana Empty Re: Cast Romana 25th February 2019, 6:49 pm

Mott1

Mott1

I agree Emilia Fox would be very Lalla-esque. I also think Joss Whedon favourite Amy Acker would be great.

8Cast Romana Empty Re: Cast Romana 25th February 2019, 8:32 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Romana will never come back. If she were to return her presence would only call attention to the fact that a female Doctor is entirely redundant. If they had brought back The Rani in Series 8 like they should have done then this harmful gender changing nonsense would never have reared its ugly head in the first place.

9Cast Romana Empty Re: Cast Romana 20th April 2019, 11:00 am

stengos

stengos

Jodie Comer.

She played Henry VII's wife in the White Princess and the psycho assassin in Killing Eve. She's a great actress, very beautiful and excellent breasts.

10Cast Romana Empty Re: Cast Romana 20th April 2019, 11:25 am

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

If Lalla Ward wasn't available(and who would be my first choice), then I would go for Tamzin Outhwaite, dunno why though.

but as Maxill correctly observes, NuWho will never bring the character back for the same reason why they opted not to bring the Rani back.

http://www.thefuckingobvious.com

11Cast Romana Empty Re: Cast Romana 20th April 2019, 2:50 pm

stengos

stengos

Rob Filth wrote:If Lalla Ward wasn't available(and who would be my first choice), then I would go for Tamzin Outhwaite, dunno why though.

but as Maxill correctly observes, NuWho will never bring the character back for the same reason why they opted not to bring the Rani back.

Yes i would like to see her in Dr Who again but not in New Who as Romana. I don't want my teenage memories of her acting and character soiled by Moffat's or BallChin's crappy dialogue and story writing. I haven't forgotten what they did to Sarah Jayne Smith ...

12Cast Romana Empty Re: Cast Romana 20th April 2019, 10:51 pm

iank

iank

Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

13Cast Romana Empty Re: Cast Romana 21st April 2019, 9:57 am

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

stengos wrote:Yes i would like to see her in Dr Who again but not in New Who as Romana. I don't want my teenage memories of her acting and character soiled by Moffat's or BallChin's crappy dialogue and story writing. I haven't forgotten what they did to Sarah Jayne Smith ...

True, but as much as I hate NuWho and that egotistical oaf RTD and his fat-headed moroniverse, I do have to say that the Sarah Jane Adventures was probably the closest thing in spirit and the most respectful towards the Classic Series.

I think it's a shame they didn't carry it on after the demise of Elizabeth Sladen with another Classic Series companion because I would probably still be watching it long after I've since completely given up with NuWho.

I actually quite liked Phil Fords writing. Not bad for an ex-Corrie guy I thought.

Last edited by Rob Filth on 21st April 2019, 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total

14Cast Romana Empty Re: Cast Romana 21st April 2019, 10:05 am

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Rob Filth wrote:If Lalla Ward wasn't available(and who would be my first choice), then I would go for Tamzin Outhwaite, dunno why though.

but as Maxill correctly observes, NuWho will never bring the character back

You don't care Rob.

You hated the Williams era anyway.

15Cast Romana Empty Re: Cast Romana 21st April 2019, 10:14 am

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

Tanmann wrote:

You don't care Rob.

I hate NuWho also - it's just Graham Williams with a glitzy budget.

Now if only they had cancelled the programme in 1977 after "Talons of Weng Chiang", the public would have better more fonder memories of the programme and the revival would've been so much more effective...

I think I'll spend the next decade or two monotonously banging on and agonising over the same point with frapping videos on youtube whilst furiously attempting to profile those who dare to disagree on my favourite social network of Myspace...

Cast Romana Giphy

16Cast Romana Empty Re: Cast Romana 21st April 2019, 10:17 am

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Rob Filth wrote:
Tanmann wrote:

You don't care Rob.

I hate NuWho also - it's just Graham Williams with a glitzy budget.

Now if only they had cancelled the programme in 1977 after "Talons of Weng Chiang", the public would have better more fonder memories of the programme and the revival would've been so much more effective...

I think I'll spend the next decade or two monotonously banging on and agonising over the same point with frapping videos on youtube whilst furiously attempting to profile those who dare to disagree on my favourite social network of Myspace...

Cast Romana Giphy

That was a mouthful.

So you don't care about Romana then?

Why not just say so.

17Cast Romana Empty Re: Cast Romana 21st April 2019, 10:34 am

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

Tanmann wrote:That was a mouthful.

Why not just say so.

That's some incredible mis-leap of logic to deduce that because someone hates a particular era of the programme that they also by association hate all of the characters within that era also.

You seem to be forgetting that Romana graced a series with your favourite Number One producer JNT also.

Last edited by Rob Filth on 21st April 2019, 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total

18Cast Romana Empty Re: Cast Romana 21st April 2019, 10:35 am

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Rob Filth wrote:
Tanmann wrote:That was a mouthful.

Why not just say so.

That's some incredible leap of logic to deduce that because someone hates a particular era of the programme that they also by association hate all of the characters within that era also.

You seem to be forgetting that Romana graced a series with your favourite Number One producer JNT also.

No, you thought she was a snob and didn't like the character.

So you don't care.

19Cast Romana Empty Re: Cast Romana 21st April 2019, 10:37 am

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

Tanmann wrote:No, you thought she was a snob and didn't like the character.

So you don't care.

Personally I think that Lalla Ward could piss in my mouth any day of the week, so that rather fucks your theory doesn't it?

20Cast Romana Empty Re: Cast Romana 21st April 2019, 10:38 am

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

You don't care.

21Cast Romana Empty Re: Cast Romana 21st April 2019, 10:39 am

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

No doubt SADako is now going to be incredibly tedious and drag out a comment I made 15 years ago where I casually observed Romana being an unlikeable snob....

I bet he's furiously data-mining all of the threads on old forums now as we speak for "evidence"

You are so sad it's untrue.

22Cast Romana Empty Re: Cast Romana 21st April 2019, 10:42 am

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Rob Filth wrote:No doubt SADako is now going to be incredibly tedious and drag out a comment I made 15 years ago where I casually observed Romana being an unlikeable snob....

12 years ago actually.

And it was the kind of shit I'd expect to hear from an angry Incel, Rob.

So yeah. It stuck in the mind.

23Cast Romana Empty Re: Cast Romana 21st April 2019, 9:54 pm

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

You've got a thing about "incels", haven't you?

24Cast Romana Empty Re: Cast Romana 21st April 2019, 9:56 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Well they are quite worrying, Rob

Maybe you think misogynist killers in waiting are no biggie, but I don't.

25Cast Romana Empty Re: Cast Romana 21st April 2019, 10:19 pm

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

Tanmann wrote:12 years ago actually.

I expect you've even worked out how many months and days it was too eh?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum