Arthur Stengos
Jonzu77
43 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37 ... 42  Next

Go down  Message [Page 32 of 42]

776Series 11 - Page 32 Empty Re: Series 11 17th February 2019, 9:38 pm

Boofer

Boofer

Zarius wrote:Learned something interesting on Twitch, they had some of the series eleven writers in for a giveaway of free Doctor Who S11 DVDs, and during the live stream the entire chat booed the writers and insulted them

Any screen caps? LOL

777Series 11 - Page 32 Empty Re: Series 11 17th February 2019, 9:54 pm

UncleDeadly

UncleDeadly

burrunjor wrote:
Commander Maxil wrote:What does she do in the book? Pick her nose and then slice down a bunch of white males with a chainsaw?

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

The book overall is sadly a mess. I LOVED the first half of it. The first half is clearly taken straight from Tom and Ian's script with very little tinkering. Its basically an old Hinchcliff era story, with no references to New Who.

The second part meanwhile has its moments like Charon's taxi ride, the Lizard torturing the Doctor by being a crushing bore, and the pin ball machine fight. All of these are again Tom's ideas (you can tell even if you didn't know the background.)

Also the idea behind Scratchman that Ian and Tom dreamed up is absolutely inspired. Scratchman would have made a fantastic recurring foe for the Doctor. He's both terrifying and hilarious.

Sadly however the second half of the book is clearly where the New Who hack and shill takes over and he butchers what could have been one of the greatest DW stories of any medium.

To start with there are far too many continuity references. The first, second and third Doctors appear as scarecrows in hell to torment the 4th Doctor.

No way would Tom who famously said "OTHER DOCTORS!" when asked who his fave was want them to be included, and quite rightly so. This isn't a multi Doctor story, and something as big as the first 4 Doctors appearing together shouldn't be crowbarred into the end of a story that's not about that for no reason. That's a bad fanfic author who does that.

Also there's nonsense about being kind, and the Doctor makes references about how he will one day wear stilleto heels too.

Furthermore the Doctor is made out to be the pivot of the universe and an angry god again like in New Who. There is a lot of macho shit, like the Doctor just walking out in the middle of his trial because he knows the Time Lords would never dare lift a finger against him. LOL I must have dreamed that time they turned him into a galactic YoYo for years and he never actually got one over on them. He is only free to wander again because they forgive him remember! Also Trial of a Time Lord takes place after this too.

The Time Lords are also completely out of character. They are happy to destroy entire planets as though it were nothing. Remember when that was a scandal that almost broke them in Trial? Or remember them sending him to help planets like Solon and Peladon

It baffles me that people who revel in continuity so much get it wrong all the time! I think it shows contempt for Classic Who fans. They think we are morons who will jump like trained seals at the mention of say Androzani and the Brig, and not care about anything else.

Personally I wouldn't care if they never mentioned an old story or Doctor. What mention of Hartnell was there in Pyramids of Mars? Just write the Doctor as the fucking Doctor and write a proper story!

Also they do the New Who shit of making out that the Doctor is terrified of regeneration, and that all the Doctors are totally different people, different consciousness, different minds etc. Tom's Doctor is like Tennant with his I don't want to go shit, which is completely out of character.

That was NEVER part of it in old who. It makes 0 sense to have the Doctors be different people.

If the writers had wanted that, then they could have easily had William Hartnell's Doctor die in the Tenth Planet, and another member of his kind take over, and reveal that The Doctor was a title passed down to members of his kind, whose job is to explore and catalogue the universe.

Audiences would have bought that no problem, and then each of the Doctors could literally be as different as they wanted. (Hey I don't doubt we would have had a female Doctor during the original run if that was the case.)

However they came up with regeneration because it allowed them to still keep it as the same character, but change it in practical ways to allow a new actor to play it. Sadly the New Who morons don't seem to get that, hence why Bill Hartnell is now a lesbian icon.

Also Jodie's cameos are absolutely awful. Worse than you can imagine.

The woman with the rainbow striped across her hearts was waiting for me, skimming stones out to sea. I went and stood beside her. I picked up a pebble, and tried to throw it. It sank with a plunk.
'Not bad! You get better at it, though', she said kindly, and then sent another pebble, bouncing across five sets of waves.
'I'll try not to look jealous,' I said, watching another stone sink.
'You just have to put the time in,' she told me. 'And you will.'
We skimmed some more pebbles, some more, some less.
'A lot of people died here. More than I'd like,' she told me critically.
I nodded. 'The argument that more would have died if I'd done nothing is my least favourite kind of tidying up. But it's done.'
'And now you're playing games?' She raised an eyebrow.

Pretty much ruined the book. Its like taunting the older fans, having Jodie Nosepicker show up and basically say she would have done things better, and scolding Tom, who in contrast to his usual proud self, is emasculated.

Such a shame that this book was wrecked by James Goss. Fucking cunt.

I hope that they make a movie of Scratchman one day. The original idea and premise is still sound.

I would love to see a film version of Scratchman released in 2023, for the 60th that ignores New Who, and serves as the pilot to another series.

My cast would be obviously the same cast for the alternate sequel, Julian Richings as the Doctor, Dana Delorenzo and Colin O'Donaghue as the companions, and for Scratchman IMO Bruce Campbell would be awesome.

Mark Hamill should play Charon, and Patrick Stewart should play the pompous Lizard. That would be so cool. Sadly I know its a pipe dream now, but you never know, given how bad series 11 flopped.

For what it's worth I will also be doing my own version of Scratchman. I will want to use the Scratchman character for some of my later stories, so I need a version of it to be canon to my series, so I'm going to do my own. Rest assured there will be no Jodie Nosepicker cameos. (Unless its as a vision to torture the Doctor in hell!)

So what happened to that "Great book" you were telling us about, Burrunjor? Wink

778Series 11 - Page 32 Empty Re: Series 11 17th February 2019, 11:24 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

So what happened to that "Great book" you were telling us about, Burrunjor? Wink

Well I was a bit premature in saying it was great. I was only through the first bit which is excellent. It is such a good idea too. The idea of Scratchman being a monster that travels from universe to universe eating them, and the previous universe he destroyed are great ideas.

Its one of the darkest stories in the shows history, with the Doctor failing to save an entire universe at the end.

Its just a shame that they had to turn it into fan fiction. Its a shame Tom didn't write more books.

779Series 11 - Page 32 Empty Re: Series 11 17th February 2019, 11:35 pm

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

Next up: the Big Finish adaptation of Scratchperson, starring Lisa Bowerman and Nick Briggs who also does all the silly voices.

780Series 11 - Page 32 Empty Re: Series 11 18th February 2019, 11:49 am

Zarius

Zarius

Boofer wrote:
Zarius wrote:Learned something interesting on Twitch, they had some of the series eleven writers in for a giveaway of free Doctor Who S11 DVDs, and during the live stream the entire chat booed the writers and insulted them

Any screen caps? LOL

I probably should have saved the bit in the chat where I got the information, I had missed out on it the day before the Dalek marathon

781Series 11 - Page 32 Empty Re: Series 11 18th February 2019, 3:04 pm

Kaijuko

Kaijuko

burrunjor wrote:

Well I was a bit premature in saying it was great. I was only through the first bit which is excellent. It is such a good idea too. The idea of Scratchman being a monster that travels from universe to universe eating them, and the previous universe he destroyed are great ideas.

Its one of the darkest stories in the shows history, with the Doctor failing to save an entire universe at the end.

Its just a shame that they had to turn it into fan fiction. Its a shame Tom didn't write more books.

Finished Scratchman and, tbh, I wasn't that impressed. I don't exactly know why, I should really love this book - Tom is by far my favourite Doctor and he has an absurdly morbid writing style, but somehow I was left cold. Maybe I expected too much (one fan review described the book as 'Doctor Who Meets The Wicker Man' - how cool would that be?), maybe it was the inclusion of Jodie friggin' Whittaker's incarnation (who appears twice in the book, though isn't actually named as the 13th Doctor), or maybe it was James Goss' input, or most probably because there aren't many startlingly original ideas in the whole book (well, apart from the giant pinball machine scene).  Not original to a reader in 2019, at least. Back in the mid-'70's when it was first conceived, I dare say Scratchman would have been a delightfully barmy new kind of Doctor Who story (movie) but reading a book version of the film script in 2019 now only reminds me of other stuff we've seen before...

*Spoilers*

The Doctor on trial by his own people - The War Games and The Trial of a Timelord.

Killer Scarecrows - Human Nature/The Family of Blood and the 1998 BBC book 'The Hollow Men'.

The Doctor, companions and local residents trapped in a church while monsters try to break in - The Curse of Fenric and Father's Day.

The Doctor encounters The Devil (or a version of him, at least) - The Daemons and The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit.

Plus, while there are certainly many grim/nasty scenes of horror in Scratchman, the book also contains the distinctively NuWho 'soppiness' that the old series rarely had - the Doctor is often presented as an impossibly silly, yet wonderful, kind-hearted, Space Father Christmas (I bet those bits were Goss' contribution).

Disappointed (though I did appreciate the George Formby references in the first part of the book!).

Last edited by Queen Angvia on 19th February 2019, 7:18 am; edited 4 times in total

782Series 11 - Page 32 Empty Re: Series 11 18th February 2019, 4:44 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Queen Angvia wrote:
burrunjor wrote:

Finished Scratchman and, tbh, I wasn't that impressed. I don't exactly know why, I should really love this book - Tom is by far my favourite Doctor and he has a smashing, absurdly morbid writing style, but somehow I was left cold. Maybe I expected too much (one fan review described the book as 'Doctor Who Meets The Wicker Man' - how cool would that be?), maybe it was the inclusion of Jodie Friggin' Whittaker's incarnation (who appears twice in the book, though isn't actually named as the 13th Doctor), or maybe it was Jame Goss' input, or most probably because there aren't many startlingly original ideas in the whole book (well, apart from the giant pinball machine scene).  Not original to a reader in 2019, at least. Back in the mid-'70's when it was first conceived, I dare say Scratchman would have been a delightfully barmy new kind of Doctor Who story (movie) but reading a book version of the film script in 2019 now only reminds me of other stuff we've seen before...

*Spoilers*

The Doctor on trial by his own people - The War Games and The Trial of a Timelord.

Killer Scarecrows - Human Nature/The Family of Blood and the 1998 BBC book 'The Hollow Men'.

The Doctor, companions and local residents trapped in a church while monsters try to break in - The Curse of Fenric and Father's Day.

The Doctor encounters The Devil (or a version of him, at least) - The Daemons and The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit.

Plus, while there are certainly many grim/nasty scenes of horror in Scratchman, the book also contains the distinctively NuWho 'soppiness' that the old series rarely had - the Doctor is often presented as an impossibly silly, yet wonderful, kind-hearted, Space Father Christmas (I bet those bits were Goss' contribution).

Disappointed (though I did appreciate the George Formby references in the first part of the book!).

I think that Scratchman was a better take on the devil than the Impossible Planet/The Beast Below personally.

Scratchman is scarier. I like the fact that he turns each universe he takes over into a hell universe. Its frightening the way the Doctor isn't able to save an entire universe from being damned forever.

I also felt that Scratchman had more personality too. I also think a lot of the visuals the series uses like the giant Lizard, Charon being a taxi driver would be fantastic too.

Scratchman could have been a classic if it had done the followng things.

1/ Ditched the Doctor on trial bit. A lot of pretentious waffle.

2/ Ditched Jodie Nosepicker obviously.

3/ As you say ditch all of the New Who mawkishness, fanboying over the Doctor "Oh the Doctor is a wonderful, brilliant impossible man" YEUCH

4/ Ditch the cameos of other Doctors, not just Nosepicker. Too much fanwank bullshit.

5/ Focus more on the universe Scratchman took over. Focus on its history, the races who fought against him, how they lost, who were his demon minions before he twisted them, how he has been slowly infiltrating our reality. Those are the most interesting ideas in the book.

I like the fact that Scratchman had twisted the universe he took over to the point where it couldn't exist without him.

That is potentially a huge dilemma that was never explored in the book. In order to stop Scratchman, the Doctor has to sacrifice a universe. Would some of Scratchman's minions, even those who are suffering want to protect him with this in mind?

Also as Scratchman is able to inflitrate our reality and steal minds from it, then are some of the people the Doctor has killed now in Scratchman's hell?

These ideas aren't given as much attention as James Goss wants to go on about how fabulous the Doctor is, how he is so much more badass than Satan, and how he will one day become Jodie Nosepicker.

PS I will say I thought that the Scarecrows were better done here though than in Human Nature. I fucking hate Human Nature personally. Top 10 worst stories for sure.

The Scarecrows here were scarier, and made more sense. In Human Nature a guy puts his hand through one and its okay, but then later bullets are able to stop them?

783Series 11 - Page 32 Empty Re: Series 11 18th February 2019, 4:46 pm

Zarius

Zarius

784Series 11 - Page 32 Empty Re: Series 11 18th February 2019, 5:07 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Zarius wrote:

Just checking that vid out now while I get some writing done. Good vid so far. God panel shows really are made up of the most condescending, smug, conceited, talentless go with the flow cunts.

You just know those cunts slandering us about ten years ago would have been making the most vile remarks about women it was trendy to bash's looks like Kerry Katona and Lady Gaga.

Fucking sheep every single last one of them. If only they had one original thought to share between them. Evil or Very Mad

785Series 11 - Page 32 Empty Re: Series 11 18th February 2019, 7:18 pm

Zarius

Zarius

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a26388559/doctor-who-mandip-gill-yaz-doctor-shipping/

Mandip Gill actually thinks she has natural chemistry with Jodie. Bless her.

786Series 11 - Page 32 Empty Re: Series 11 18th February 2019, 9:32 pm

Mott1

Mott1

I think the actress sets a world record for use of the word 'thing'...

I wonder if the current actors and showrunners' arms will soon get tired from this continuous circle-jerk!

787Series 11 - Page 32 Empty Re: Series 11 18th February 2019, 9:44 pm

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

Mandip Gill wrote:"The stories resonate through the characters. They're very relatable to modern society, and I think that's something we need to thank Chris Chibnall and the writing team for – that they're able to write something that can relate to so many people while having sci-fi in it."

Oh, FUCK OFF. We're supposed to THANK Chinballs for taking a show whose entire claim to fame was being the world's oldest science fiction series and almost completely stripping it of its science fiction elements in order to placate a loudmouthed minority of deranged, bigoted, narcissistic wankers obsessed with "seeing themselves" in contrived pseudo-characters shoehorned in on the basis of their skin colour and genitalia? Doctor Who's primary virtue has always been that it's a relatively accessible, mainstream show powered by big ideas and unbounded imagination, a fact that remained true to some extent even during the most patronisingly populist years of the revival. A show for intelligent, thoughtful children with a thirst for adventure, mystery, horror and intricate sci-fi concepts. You scumbags took that away from them, and history will judge you for it.

If this woke preaching + amateurish drama + conciliatory monsters bullshit really is the show you want to make, then here's an idea - start your own fucking franchise and let it stand on its own two feet rather than cynically hijacking the world's oldest sci-fi horror institution. You won't, of course, because you know that this utter trash would fall flat on its face if it weren't scrounging publicity from the legacy of something vastly superior.

Oh, and sorry to have to break it to you, sweetie, but your demographic checkbox on legs is neither relatable nor resonant. The only reason you haven't come in for the same amount of contempt as your co-star is that the interminable blandness of your performance tends to make us forget that you even exist.

788Series 11 - Page 32 Empty Re: Series 11 18th February 2019, 10:40 pm

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

ClockworkOcean wrote: The only reason you haven't come in for the same amount of contempt as your co-star is that the interminable blandness of your performance tends to make us forget that you even exist.

No it's just because she isn't white. No one wants to be labelled as a racist for telling the truth.

789Series 11 - Page 32 Empty Re: Series 11 19th February 2019, 10:32 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

ClockworkOcean wrote:
Mandip Gill wrote:"The stories resonate through the characters. They're very relatable to modern society, and I think that's something we need to thank Chris Chibnall and the writing team for – that they're able to write something that can relate to so many people while having sci-fi in it."

Oh, FUCK OFF. We're supposed to THANK Chinballs for taking a show whose entire claim to fame was being the world's oldest science fiction series and almost completely stripping it of its science fiction elements in order to placate a loudmouthed minority of deranged, bigoted, narcissistic wankers obsessed with "seeing themselves" in contrived pseudo-characters shoehorned in on the basis of their skin colour and genitalia? Doctor Who's primary virtue has always been that it's a relatively accessible, mainstream show powered by big ideas and unbounded imagination, a fact that remained true to some extent even during the most patronisingly populist years of the revival. A show for intelligent, thoughtful children with a thirst for adventure, mystery, horror and intricate sci-fi concepts. You scumbags took that away from them, and history will judge you for it.

If this woke preaching + amateurish drama + conciliatory monsters bullshit really is the show you want to make, then here's an idea - start your own fucking franchise and let it stand on its own two feet rather than cynically hijacking the world's oldest sci-fi horror institution. You won't, of course, because you know that this utter trash would fall flat on its face if it weren't scrounging publicity from the legacy of something vastly superior.

Oh, and sorry to have to break it to you, sweetie, but your demographic checkbox on legs is neither relatable nor resonant. The only reason you haven't come in for the same amount of contempt as your co-star is that the interminable blandness of your performance tends to make us forget that you even exist.

Amazing post. I think I love you LOL.

I too fucking HATE this bullshit of "I need to see myself". Ironically I can't think of anything more insular, narcissistic and close minded.

It reminds me of that bit in Alan Partridge when he is debating with the Scottish woman about who the best Bond is and they are both so close minded, as she only prefers Connery because he is Scottish and Alan only prefers Roger because he is English.

"Connery was the better Bond anyway."

"Its interesting that you should take that position, the Scottish position of Connery being the better Bond. I'm firmly in the English camp of Roger was the best Bond."

That's meant to be pathetic! Both of them don't care about anything else about Connery and Moore's performances except, he's from where I'm from!

Now it seems the entertainment industry is in the thrall of people like that.

I did understand the need for representation back in the 60s. Back then we were living in a genuinely racist and homophobic society. I could understand a black person who is genuinely made to feel inferior because of their skin colour by society around them, feeling better when they see a black person being accepted on tv, or a black politician. That would help to counteract the genuine racism propaganda that was everywhere and show them that they can succeed too.

Now in our modern world however? There is no real institutional racism. Not saying racism is gone completely, but it is more or less illegal. If I were to hang a sign outside a pub that said "no blacks allowed" I'd be arrested. If I were to fire someone for being black or gay I'd be fired. If I were to say something racist or homophobic I'd be fired, and be made a social pariah.

Thus in the modern world representation isn't needed. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying don't ever have gay or LGBT people in something. Have as many as you want, but don't think that it is needed. Unlike the 60s you aren't showing someone who is made to feel a freak by an unjust society that they can make it too. You're just casting another actor.

Anyone who has to see a black guy because they are black in the tolerant modern world is now on the level of Alan Partridge or the Scots Lady preferring Connery and Bond solely because they are Scottish and English.

Fair enough people might say that "oh there still aren't as many black heroes and leads as white, or LGBT people" and yeah that's true, but that's because there aren't as many black or LGBT people in general.

There aren't as many Scottish actors or heroes or leads either. Where is the Scottish hero in the MCU? Why was only one Scottish Doctor allowed to keep his accent? I could be a whiny bitch about all of that and go on about how much it upset me, and about how Peter Capaldi's casting changed my life, as now my hero looked like me, but unlike these people I accept that there aren't as many Scottish heroes because there aren't as many Scots!

These retards also can't seem to fathom that a diverse cast also doesn't actually always work. Sometimes yes, its absolutely fine. I'm watching the Flash right now that has a diverse cast, and apart from one AWFUL SJW episode "Girls Night Out" its diverse cast is not a problem whatsoever. I like Joe and Iris and Wally. They could be white or black or Asian and you wouldn't have to change a fucking thing, like Lister from Red Dwarf.

Historical drama's meanwhile lose their integrity when they cast a black woman as Queen Elizabeth 1 or Joan of Arc. (Same way it would be laughable if you cast a Chinese guy as Martin Luther King!) Also some works of fiction only work with a cast made up of largely one gender.

Supernatural only works with a largely all male cast as its founded on the brotherly dynamic, whilst with Xena the reverse is true, and it only works with a largely all female main cast. Ab Fab similarly only really works with women leads as its from a female perspective, and revolves around more female insecurities. With Bottom the reverse is true, and it only works with two guys, as its very much from a male perspective.

These people however are never willing to look at things in a more nuanced way, or take things on a case by case basis and work out whether diversity's better for a particular show or character. They want everything to be diverse, even if its a docu about the last days of the bunker, they'd still probably want a black woman among Hitler's troops to give a black actress a role to avoid being seen as racist.

They are the most moronic, infantile and narcissistic audience and its sad that they are now seen as Doctor Who's core audience Sad

790Series 11 - Page 32 Empty Re: Series 11 19th February 2019, 11:24 am

Mott1

Mott1

I'm looking forward to seeing a Jewish Hitler. It's time...

What Mel Brooks once joked about will one day come to pass!

791Series 11 - Page 32 Empty Re: Series 11 20th February 2019, 4:17 pm

Zarius

Zarius

792Series 11 - Page 32 Empty Re: Series 11 20th February 2019, 4:32 pm

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

Piss off, Moffat. It's not your fucking place to lecture your fans customers on what they should or shouldn't enjoy.

793Series 11 - Page 32 Empty Re: Series 11 20th February 2019, 6:16 pm

bryanbraddock

bryanbraddock

ClockworkOcean wrote:Piss off, Moffat. It's not your fucking place to lecture your fans customers on what they should or shouldn't enjoy.

Quite so.

As much as I hate Rusty & Chinball I detest Moftwat more than any other figure in Doctor Who history. Chinball may be a dreadful writer, an unashamed beta inter-sectional feminist who cast a woman in the role because of his cucked views, but he couldn't have done it without the way being paved for him by that cowardly afro ballbag with his constant future is female agenda.

Moftwat was responsible for River Pong,Clara,Ashildr,Mels,Tasha Lame,Sally Spunkow,Professional slag Madame Depommpawhore, Cockerny Jenny tipping the velvet Flint, her lezzard Girlfriend the Scottish Gecko and of course the ultimate abomination - the Mary Poppins Master herself Missy.

Has one writer ever created so much cancer in Doctor Who history than Brillopad head?
Moftwat's opinions on Doctor Who are worthless and always have been.

794Series 11 - Page 32 Empty Re: Series 11 20th February 2019, 8:45 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

bryanbraddock wrote:
ClockworkOcean wrote:Piss off, Moffat. It's not your fucking place to lecture your fans customers on what they should or shouldn't enjoy.

Quite so.

As much as I hate Rusty & Chinball I detest Moftwat more than any other figure in Doctor Who history. Chinball may be a dreadful writer, an unashamed beta inter-sectional feminist who cast a woman in the role because of his cucked views, but he couldn't have done it without the way being paved for him by that cowardly afro ballbag with his constant future is female agenda.

Moftwat was responsible for River Pong,Clara,Ashildr,Mels,Tasha Lame,Sally Spunkow,Professional slag Madame Depommpawhore, Cockerny Jenny tipping the velvet Flint, her lezzard Girlfriend the Scottish Gecko and of course the ultimate abomination - the Mary Poppins Master herself Missy.

Has one writer ever created so much cancer in Doctor Who history than Brillopad head?
Moftwat's opinions on Doctor Who are worthless and always have been.

Completely agreed. I think Moffat has still produced the worst episodes of DW bar none. Missy is far worse than Jodie.

Steven Moffat should apologise as a professional writer for Missy.

He should apologise for handing the franchise over to the worst audience, he should apologise for vandalizing a character like the Master created by genuinely talented men, he should apologise for not only wrecking said characters history,but salting the earth for future writers who might want to have done anything with the Master, he should apologise for not being a professional and not only giving into peer pressure, but also not casting the role of the Master on merit, he should apologise for insulting male members of his audience, and finally he should apologise for insulting William Hartnell the man who started the show off.

Instead he goes on about Missy being one of his biggest hits. Its like he is taunting people!

795Series 11 - Page 32 Empty Re: Series 11 20th February 2019, 9:08 pm

iank

iank

It's dead, Jim. Who cares anymore?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

796Series 11 - Page 32 Empty Re: Series 11 23rd February 2019, 4:47 am

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

Shipping Nurse Who and the equity casting unconvincing police officer. And they have the balls to say any of these talentless car crashes have chemistry.

Fucking highest jej

797Series 11 - Page 32 Empty Re: Series 11 23rd February 2019, 8:45 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

TheTimeTraveller wrote:

Shipping Nurse Who and the equity casting unconvincing police officer. And they have the balls to say any of these talentless car crashes have chemistry.

Fucking highest jej

Since they are so desperate to tackle topical issues and for the show to be political (because according to Mr Tardis it was always this political.) I can't wait to see an episode where Yaz's Muslim relatives get angry at her for dating a woman, and try and pour acid on them both.

Somehow I doubt they'll do that as Chinballs has less balls than the 13th Doctor. (Though he still has more than Mofftwat.)

798Series 11 - Page 32 Empty Re: Series 11 23rd February 2019, 9:15 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

What has Doctor Who brought to your life?

The main thing? Escapism. When I was younger, Doctor Who saw me through the bullying. When my marriage ended, Doctor Who was there for me.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/02/22/im-biggest-fan-doctor-fan-dedicated-life-time-lord-8703535/

That's why I dislike Series 11 the most. It isn't there for the real fans anymore. It despises them, insults them and wants them to bugger off. The people making it then have the audacity to complain that you're a troll because you don't like it.

799Series 11 - Page 32 Empty Re: Series 11 23rd February 2019, 9:46 am

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

Commander Maxil wrote:What has Doctor Who brought to your life?

The main thing? Escapism. When I was younger, Doctor Who saw me through the bullying. When my marriage ended, Doctor Who was there for me.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/02/22/im-biggest-fan-doctor-fan-dedicated-life-time-lord-8703535/

That's why I dislike Series 11 the most. It isn't there for the real fans anymore. It despises them, insults them and wants them to bugger off. The people making it then have the audacity to complain that you're a troll because you don't like it.

Series 11 isn't Doctor Who. It is a spinoff stealing trade dress but ignoring all the real principles of the actual show. I agree with you it's the worst ever. All the previous eras I didn't care for... I just don't watch or rewatch. I can still ignore them and at the same time include them in the same show and accept it's the same character. Capaldi and series 9 and 10, hell even 8, stretched that to breaking point, but if it had returned to something closer to the show's heart and soul I would have eventually glossed over it as with previous times when the show simply wasn't for me.

The enemy at the gates stormtrooper approach they're taking now, as with Star Wars, Marvel, whatever- daring people to stop watching as though we HAVE TO sit through it... Dare accepted.

800Series 11 - Page 32 Empty Re: Series 11 23rd February 2019, 1:54 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 32 of 42]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37 ... 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum