Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 33 ... 42  Next

Go down  Message [Page 25 of 42]

601Series 11 - Page 25 Empty Re: Series 11 4th January 2019, 11:33 pm

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

Commander Maxil wrote:
TheTimeTraveller wrote:
Zarius wrote:

I thought the other adenoidal gibbering female American reviewer was irritating but this one takes the cake.

I quite like Alteori myself. Much prefer her to El Patron.

Other than them attacking the right target at the moment I don't have any time for any of them, bowlestrek included. They are useful at the moment.
But as EVS in "comicsgate" proved, these grifters are out for No.1.

602Series 11 - Page 25 Empty Re: Series 11 5th January 2019, 7:16 pm

UncleDeadly

UncleDeadly

Bowlestrek is far too keen on David Tennant for my liking; "You can't deny the man can act". No, but i CAN deny that he can act CONVINCINGLY. His performance as the Doctor, aside from being wrongheadedly conceived is a strained, forced collection of tics and mannerisms filling the hole where a character should be.

That this has been taken on board as the template for the NuWho doctor has been a grim legacy. We currently find ourselves saddled with Jodie Whittaker aping it to no good effect.

Does Bowlestek honestly believe that the innate problems with NuWho suddenly developed between series 10 and 11? What about all the garbage we've had to put up with leading up to this? Its a clear progression of diminishing returns.

Last edited by UncleDeadly on 5th January 2019, 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

603Series 11 - Page 25 Empty Re: Series 11 5th January 2019, 8:25 pm

Zarius

Zarius

604Series 11 - Page 25 Empty Re: Series 11 5th January 2019, 8:31 pm

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

Whittaker damage control is fucking hilarious.
That ship has sailed, Vera. Fuck off back t' pub wit' yer whippets.

605Series 11 - Page 25 Empty Re: Series 11 6th January 2019, 12:36 pm

Zarius

Zarius

I heard the FiveWhoFans are disbanding. Perfect...one less shill crowd to worry about. This is likely because Billy wants to do more Time Agent.

606Series 11 - Page 25 Empty Re: Series 11 6th January 2019, 1:10 pm

Mott1

Mott1

UncleDeadly wrote:Bowlestrek is far too keen on David Tennant for my liking; "You can't deny the man can act". No, but i CAN deny that he can act CONVINCINGLY. His performance as the Doctor, aside from being wrongheadedly conceived is a strained, forced collection of tics and mannerisms filling the hole where a character should be.

That this has been taken on board as the template for the NuWho doctor has been a grim legacy. We currently find ourselves saddled with Jodie Whittaker aping it to no good effect.

Does Bowlestek honestly believe that the innate problems with NuWho suddenly developed between series 10 and 11? What about all the garbage we've had to put up with leading up to this? Its a clear progression of diminishing returns.

I hadn't been on here for a while but I was literally about to log in to write something along these lines. Bowlestrek's videos are enjoyable to watch but he seems in thrall to the RTD era and doesn't seem to feel it was the beginning of the corruption of the character & the show.

At best RTD's era was a generic, dumbed-down pisstake of the old show; at worst it was a blatant attempt to ape Joss Whedon's best work but one which sacrificed the spirit of Dr Who.

607Series 11 - Page 25 Empty Re: Series 11 6th January 2019, 1:19 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

I hadn't been on here for a while but I was literally about to log in to write something along these lines. Bowlestrek's videos are enjoyable to watch but he seems in thrall to the RTD era and doesn't seem to feel it was the beginning of the corruption of the character & the show.

At best RTD's era was a generic, dumbed-down pisstake of the old show; at worst it was a blatant attempt to ape Joss Whedon's best work but one which sacrificed the spirit of Dr Who.

Great to hear from you again. I agree, but the worst is when Bowlestrek did a video saying that Chibnalls Dalek story will mark the first time that one of the Doctors enemies has been damaged beyond repair.

Really! How can anyone who is an actual fan of the classic era not think that Missy was as big a destruction of the Master's character as Jodie is of the Doctors.

I mean how, how can you be a fan and think its great that they turned the Master into River Song mark 2? That was the first point of no return. New Who had to be snipped from the canon of the old for Missy, never mind Jodie.

608Series 11 - Page 25 Empty Re: Series 11 6th January 2019, 8:47 pm

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

I think the first point of no return is the Doctor-Companion romance. I see it in stronger terms than some people do, but it is inappropriate in terms of age difference, power levels of the two people, and several other things. It also crossed the line in the era of Doctor as Space Jesus to have his chief worshipper actually physically desire him. Just wrong.

And for an organisation that shrugs off Jimmy Savile (and so many others) one might have thought they wouldn't be quite so tone deaf.

609Series 11 - Page 25 Empty Re: Series 11 6th January 2019, 9:18 pm

iank

iank

Agreed, though my main issue was that it's just nonsensical. Not only for being different species, but the Doctor's travelled with a parade of classy hotties for most of his life, and always been completely indifferent/asexual. Why would that suddenly change for a bucktoothed shopgirl?
It just never made any sense whatsoever. But then, this is now a society where even two people of the same sex can't be best friends without weirdos trying to put some sexual spin on it. Rolling Eyes

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

610Series 11 - Page 25 Empty Re: Series 11 6th January 2019, 9:32 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

iank wrote:Agreed, though my main issue was that it's just nonsensical. Not only for being different species, but the Doctor's travelled with a parade of classy hotties for most of his life, and always been completely indifferent/asexual. Why would that suddenly change for a bucktoothed shopgirl?
It just never made any sense whatsoever. But then, this is now a society where even two people of the same sex can't be best friends without weirdos trying to put some sexual spin on it. Rolling Eyes

Exactly. If he always had such feelings for women then surely his wang would have stirred in his trousers when Romana II wore that sexy schoolgirl outfit.

In all seriousness, the line "You're a beautiful woman, "probably" and the Fifth Doctor's complete uninterest in Nyssa in "Snakedance" strongly imply that he's indeed an asexual.

Blake never had any romantic relationships with the female crew members of the Liberator in Blake's 7. I guarantee you that that would not be in the case if they made the series today.

611Series 11 - Page 25 Empty Re: Series 11 6th January 2019, 9:33 pm

bryanbraddock

bryanbraddock

Gentlemen, we are now down to 22% on RT.

And we have our first featured audience Super reviewer - Sylvester K:

"The critics are liars. I accidentally watched an episode and my God it was awful and full of stereotypes. The best character was an old man who speaks the truth on multiple occasions. Everyone else was a diversity insert."

Big Grin

612Series 11 - Page 25 Empty Re: Series 11 7th January 2019, 12:05 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

bryanbraddock wrote:Gentlemen, we are now down to 22% on RT.

"The critics are liars. I accidentally watched an episode and my God it was awful and full of stereotypes. The best character was an old man who speaks the truth on multiple occasions. Everyone else was a diversity insert."

Big Grin

(In Magnus Creel voice) NO, NO, NO, NO, JODIE WHITTAKERS ERA WAS A SUCCESS A BRILLIANT, BRILLIANT, BRILLIANT TOTAL SUCCESS!

613Series 11 - Page 25 Empty Re: Series 11 7th January 2019, 12:18 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

TheTimeTraveller wrote:I think the first point of no return is the Doctor-Companion romance. I see it in stronger terms than some people do, but it is inappropriate in terms of age difference, power levels of the two people, and several other things. It also crossed the line in the era of Doctor as Space Jesus to have his chief worshipper actually physically desire him. Just wrong.

I completely agree that the Doctor/Companion romance is inappropriate.

The reason the Doctor always travelled with younger women in the classic series was because he clearly viewed them as surrogate replacement figures for Susan. You can see that in his relationships with Jo Grant, Vicki, Victoria, Ace, Mel etc.

It was really sweet and innocent, the Doctor was a harmless old man who deeply missed his grand daughter, the only family he had left in the universe, and so he'd always travel with similarly adventurous young women who were interested in science.

Now however adding in the romantic aspect with a woman only 4 years older than Susan raises some unfortunate implications about his previous relationships with Jo and others.

However I still say Missy is a bigger deviation as you can just ignore a companion romance, but with Missy sh puts a permanent stain on the Master.

You can't go back to say having Charles Dance as a proper Master who hates him and wants to kill the Doctor. You'll laugh thinking "didn't you want to shag him?"

Last edited by burrunjor on 7th January 2019, 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total

614Series 11 - Page 25 Empty Re: Series 11 7th January 2019, 12:18 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

TheTimeTraveller wrote:I think the first point of no return is the Doctor-Companion romance. I see it in stronger terms than some people do, but it is inappropriate in terms of age difference, power levels of the two people, and several other things. It also crossed the line in the era of Doctor as Space Jesus to have his chief worshipper actually physically desire him. Just wrong.

I completely agree that the Doctor/Companion romance is inappropriate.

The reason the Doctor always travelled with younger women in the classic series was because he clearly viewed them as surrogate replacement figures for Susan. You can see that in his relationships with Jo Grant, Vicki, Victoria, Ace, Mel etc.

It was really sweet and innocent, the Doctor was a harmless old man who deeply missed his grand daughter, the only family he had left in the universe, and so he'd similarly always travel with similarly adventurous young women who were interested in science.

Now however adding in the romantic aspect with a woman only 4 years older than Susan raises some unfortunate implications about his previous relationships with Jo and others.

However I still say Missy is a bigger deviation as you can just ignore a companion romance, but with Missy sh puts a permanent stain on the Master.

You can't go back to say having Charles Dance as a proper Master who hates him and wants to kill the Doctor. You'll laugh thinking "didn't you want to shag him?"

615Series 11 - Page 25 Empty Re: Series 11 7th January 2019, 12:18 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

burrunjor wrote:

Big Grin

(In Magnus Creel voice) NO, NO, NO, NO, JODIE WHITTAKERS ERA WAS A SUCCESS A BRILLIANT, BRILLIANT, BRILLIANT TOTAL SUCCESS!

How low can the audience score actually fall? Can you just imagine the amount of mocking if it ends up becoming a single digit  LOL What a bunch of tossers thinking they could inject such crap into a beloved series and not expect a major backlash.

616Series 11 - Page 25 Empty Re: Series 11 7th January 2019, 4:49 am

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

Commander Maxil wrote:
burrunjor wrote:

Big Grin

How low can the audience score actually fall? Can you just imagine the amount of mocking if it ends up becoming a single digit  LOL What a bunch of tossers thinking they could inject such crap into a beloved series and not expect a major backlash.

"akshualy series 11 has rated better than ANY previous series AND its audience numbers are the highest once you factor in the time of year, consolidated viewing and iPlayers sales, BIGOT."

t. Gallifrey Base

617Series 11 - Page 25 Empty Re: Series 11 7th January 2019, 8:24 am

iank

iank

LOL

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

618Series 11 - Page 25 Empty Re: Series 11 7th January 2019, 10:11 am

Mott1

Mott1

burrunjor wrote:

Big Grin

But it's the fashion at the moment. Apparently the execrable Killing Eve is up for awards because it features a psycho bisexual woman who kills 2 dimensional males, and other actresses are coming out with stuff like "all male characters can now be played by women" and the media wet themselves. Even if the audience rating for Nu Who does fall into the teens or even lower it'll probably soon be against the law to criticise it.

Btw I hope the hivers all had a merry Xmas and are enjoying 2019. Did any of you see the BBC's adapatation of Les Miserables, with the musical moments substituted for an extra helping of diversity?

https://metro.co.uk/2018/12/30/les-miserables-bbc-adaptation-starring-lily-collins-is-worlds-away-from-anne-hathaways-musical-8238817/

619Series 11 - Page 25 Empty Re: Series 11 7th January 2019, 12:02 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Mott1 wrote: But it's the fashion at the moment. Apparently the execrable Killing Eve is up for awards because it features a psycho bisexual woman who kills 2 dimensional males, and other actresses are coming out with stuff like "all male characters can now be played by women" and the media wet themselves. Even if the audience rating for Nu Who does fall into the teens or even lower it'll probably soon be against the law to criticise it.

Btw I hope the hivers all had a merry Xmas and are enjoying 2019. Did any of you see the BBC's adapatation of Les Miserables, with the musical moments substituted for an extra helping of diversity?

https://metro.co.uk/2018/12/30/les-miserables-bbc-adaptation-starring-lily-collins-is-worlds-away-from-anne-hathaways-musical-8238817/

Killing Eve looks like the biggest load of shit I've ever seen. Its the one female led series I've seen Claudia Boleyn recommend. I wonder why?

Its funny it was because people like Whovian Feminism hated the Orville that I checked it out, whilst the reverse is true of Killing Eve.

"akshualy series 11 has rated better than ANY previous series AND its audience numbers are the highest once you factor in the time of year, consolidated viewing and iPlayers sales, BIGOT."

The funny thing is I checked out the rotten tomatoes score for other female led series to see if what balless gits like Mr Tardis say is true, that the website has a misogynistic bias against any female led property and that's whats really harming Jodie.

Xena starring two bisexual women, has an audience score of round about 90 percent on RT. Once Upon A Time meanwhile's audience score was about 80 percent, whilst Buffy's was of course round about 95, as was Charmed.

Also when you look through the audience scores for each individual season of these series then they are all reasonably high too (except season 7 of Once which really was shit, but even then its score isn't as pitifully low as Jodie Big Grin )

So then why did these sexist trolls not sabotage these shows scores? Could it be Mr Tardis that these sexists trolls are a mythical boogeyman and that shows like Buffy and Once (not that you would know as these are female led series, and you never watch them.) Had good, likable characters, charismatic leading actresses, clever storylines, and didn't constantly insult male viewers, single fathers, race bait, and lecture its viewers in the most condescending ways possible?

Could it also be that you were allowed to dislike Once Upon A Time and Charmed without being smeared as a sexist, by the leading actresses of these shows on public television itself, meaning that people didn't feel actual anger towards these series?

No of course not, its NONE of those things, its because I'm a sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, piece of shit spewed from the bum gut of Trump to make life miserable for women and non binary Muslims.

620Series 11 - Page 25 Empty Re: Series 11 7th January 2019, 12:58 pm

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

4chan is NOT brigading series 11 scores on these sites. No one else is either. They really truly aren't. This is the genuine reaction of real people to what series 11 offered.

The usual suspects who would brigade stuff like this haven't done anything like that for years. They don't even like the show in the first place in most cases.

And remember RT and all the other sites interfere with scores all the time if the scores don't reflect the agenda. The sites are NOT friendly to genuine honest people who genuinely hate this sort of preachy garbage.

As for consolidated overnights and the rest of that bulllshit they can go fuck their boot. It's BULLSHIT.

Raw overnights is the only relevant data point.

Otherwise, let's put all the data points in. iPlayer? Sure. But be sure and include all the downloads of classic who as well.

+7 +14 +28 +1,000,000 figures? Likewise. Find a way to count the literally millions of people who are watching old Tennant stories -or old Pertwee stories- each week and haven't gone near the Doctor Woke abomination.

As for series 12, believe it on seeing it. Nothing is certain in the media world any more, especially for the lapdog media, legacy media and government propaganda channels.

Miniscule real audience figure are the least of current Who's worries when you have a lead actress with a big mouth and nothing sensible to say.

Keep insulting your audience and licence payers, BBC. I am sure that will work out really well for you.

621Series 11 - Page 25 Empty Re: Series 11 7th January 2019, 2:36 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

burrunjor wrote:
I'm a sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, piece of shit spewed from the bum gut of Trump to make life miserable for women and non binary Muslims.

At least you finally admitted it.

622Series 11 - Page 25 Empty Re: Series 11 7th January 2019, 2:51 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Let's look at some of the reviews by the "critics" on RT:

"I'm now too old for the Time Lord's adventures; a great weariness came upon me as she explained her sonic screwdriver to her charisma-free new pals... But still, I couldn't be more glad that the Doctor is at last a girl."

Who gives a shit about the quality of the series, right? Just as long as the Doc is a girl then it's all good!

"Whittaker is perfectly cast, and her immediate command of The Doctor's vocabulary and innate sense of wit is obvious."

This one is total bullshit.

"Whittaker's Doctor has arrived. She's not just made her mark, as each Doctor does, but she's raised the bar. And she's brilliant, just brilliant."

No comment.

"In short, my latest attempt to like Doctor Who failed, but it has failed worse in the past, if that's any consolation, and I was quite taken with Carl, the crane driver and his self-help tapes."

These "fresh" reviews are so empty. I'm not sure how this one can even be considered a positive review when she clearly says at the beginning she didn't like it.

"It's the show it's always been, only now there's better representation (there's still work to be done, but this is a much-needed step in the right direction) and fewer Daleks."

Because that's all that matters.

623Series 11 - Page 25 Empty Re: Series 11 7th January 2019, 5:15 pm

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

In yet another desperate, futile attempt to suppress criticism, Amazon have disabled reviews for Series 11.  LOL

Series 11 - Page 25 Desp10

624Series 11 - Page 25 Empty Re: Series 11 7th January 2019, 6:10 pm

Zarius

Zarius

The Whovians should all leave their reviews on Amazon's bubble wrap products LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 25 of 42]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 33 ... 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum