You are not connected. Please login or register

Anybody ever do any Doctor Who Fan Fiction?

+2
iank
DeadManRising
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Anybody ever do any Doctor Who Fan Fiction? Empty Anybody ever do any Doctor Who Fan Fiction? 20th August 2018, 12:17 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Just wondering?

I'm sort of doing it right now. IMO Classic Who, Quatermass, Futurama, Dan Dare, Godzilla (showa era), Red Dwarf, Blake's 7, Prince of Darkness all take place in the same universe as each other, as they have all had crossovers with one another.

So I'm doing a timeline of trying to make them all fit. Other than that though I've never really bothered with much fan fic.

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

I don't do it anymore, but when I was in high school I absolutely LOVED writing Doctor Who fan fiction. Just basic short stories mostly, pretty much all centered around the 1st and 4th Doctors. Since they were my two favourite incarnations. Although, sometimes I would deviate from writing just basic short stories and try my hand at something a little more bold and original. Often with some rather cringe worthy results...

For instance, I once wrote this extremely awful and embarrassing "sequel" to Classic Who centered around Susan's daughter, Leah, (who was Half-Human and Half-Time Lord) carrying on her great grandfather's legacy by travelling across the universe in his TARDIS (which the Doctor had left to Susan as part of his will before succumbing to old age in his 13th incarnation). Susan had kept the TARDIS hidden away from her daughter in a secret room so she would have no idea of it's existence. But one day, Leah and two of her high school buddies discovered the TARDIS and managed to open it with the key they found earlier. Whilst marvelling at the TARDIS interior, one of her clumsy friends accidentally knocks a few switches on the console which causes the ship to dematerialise and whisk them off to parts unknown. Of course, since none of them have any idea how to pilot the ship they just keep drifting aimlessly from place to place. With nothing to help them except a few vague notes scattered around the TARDIS telling them how to operate the ship.

99% of the crap I made was incredibly stupid and poorly written, but still extremely fun for me to write nonetheless.

iank

iank

Send 'em to BBC Wales, you'll be writing Series 12 (if there is one) in no time! Wink

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Boofer

Boofer

I wrote some fan fiction, but it was simply too good to qualify as fan-made, so I deleted it.

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I once wrote a Lytton spin-off series that detailed everything that happened to him between Resurrection and Attack. Some of it was loosely based on the opening chapters of Attack of the Cybermen which I decided to flesh out. The later instalments of the series focused on Russell, the undercover cop. It was very much done in the style of those old cop shows from the 80s. I also did a spin-off series involved Orcini and Bostock, the two assassins from Revelation. The other bit of fan fiction I did involve Melanie Bush, a bottle of oil and her ass parked on my face. I wrote that one when I was 14.

I was actually going to do Blake's 7 series that took place 20 years after "Blake." Tarrant would be the one that survived, not Avon as it is usually in Blake's 7 material set in the future.

burrunjor

burrunjor

DeadManRising wrote:I don't do it anymore, but when I was in high school I absolutely LOVED writing Doctor Who fan fiction. Just basic short stories mostly, pretty much all centered around the 1st and 4th Doctors. Since they were my two favourite incarnations. Although, sometimes I would deviate from writing just basic short stories and try my hand at something a little more bold and original. Often with some rather cringe worthy results...

For instance, I once wrote this extremely awful and embarrassing "sequel" to Classic Who centered around Susan's daughter, Leah, (who was Half-Human and Half-Time Lord) carrying on her great grandfather's legacy by travelling across the universe in his TARDIS (which the Doctor had left to Susan as part of his will before succumbing to old age in his 13th incarnation). Susan had kept the TARDIS hidden away from her daughter in a secret room so she would have no idea of it's existence. But one day, Leah and two of her high school buddies discovered the TARDIS and managed to open it with the key they found earlier. Whilst marvelling at the TARDIS interior, one of her clumsy friends accidentally knocks a few switches on the console which causes the ship to dematerialise and whisk them off to parts unknown. Of course, since none of them have any idea how to pilot the ship they just keep drifting aimlessly from place to place. With nothing to help them except a few vague notes scattered around the TARDIS telling them how to operate the ship.

99% of the crap I made was incredibly stupid and poorly written, but still extremely fun for me to write nonetheless.

I'd have vastly preferred Leah the series to New Who, the sequel we actually got. Would have been a suitable alternative to a female DW as well. Could have had her bump into her great grandfather too.

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I've got a story brewing about the newly regenerated 14th Doctor being taken in by a small family in the French farmlands. He would take on a creature similar to a lycanthrope that is terrorising a nearby village. He would be assisted by young dreamer Esmee who would later become his companion at the end of the story.

Just a simple, routine tale to kick my fictional Doctor Who series off.

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

I've started a few pieces but I couldn't find the right tone ... imitative or ideal? My ideal tone seems qualitatively superior but it doesn't match with what Doctor Who was.

The imitative works are arguably more fun to write but I'm not 100% happy with the quality resultant. Mostly I invested in a secondary Season 23, having not read the books etc. Trying to create something that 'feels' as thought it 'could have been'. Some rarefication of that art extant.

Whatever fills the pages to be unread tbh.

I've only ever come up with the outline of one piece of fan-fiction that explores the evolutionary origins of the Kaled species and explains the psychological motivation for the fundamental racial purity sentiment which eventually gave rise to the Kaled mutation. I called it 'Genesis of the Kaleds'. It also alludes to a parallel between Time-Lord and Dalek reproductive strategies showing they may not be all that dissimilar.

Genesis of the Kaleds

The Kaled species was an intersex organism (with superficial resemblance to a humanoid male) which reproduced asexually through fission, fragmentation and later as Kaled genetic engineering progressed eugenic cloning. The Kaleds share a common ancestor with the sexually reproductive binary sex Thals. The Kaled and Thal divergence came about when the proto-Thal became gonochorous thus enabling sexual reproduction. As both adapted to their environment the Kaleds developed a culture based on philosophy and scientific enquiry but were eventually persecuted by the sexually reproductive Thals.

The speciation of the Thals bestowed upon them a hybrid vigour which underlined their sexual nature, whereas the Kaleds had developed an exceeding intellectual capacity which compensated for their comparative physical frailty. Kaled philosophical debate postulated that oppression by the Thals was inevitable due to their aggressive nature which was extrapolated to be the nature of all sexually reproductive life-forms. The prevailing view was that sexually reproductive organisms would not tolerate the Kaled species which led to the rise of Kaled racial purity sentiment which idealised the engineered Kaled mutation as an evolutionary advantage against the Thals and by extent a universe teeming with sexually reproductive life-forms. Thus in some sense sexual reproduction was responsible for the Daleks. As mutations build up naturally in asexually reproducing species, eugenically directed mutation was deemed desirable among prominent Kaled scientists and thinkers. Kaled sects saw the universe as dualistic between sexually reproducing life-forms and asexually reproducing life-forms.

There is a congruity between the Daleks and the Time Lords as both reproduce asexually although Time Lords are able to reproduce through parthenogenesis. Both Daleks and Time Lords manipulate their genome through genetic engineering constantly refining the general intelligence factor of the species which has enabled both to master time travel and given rise to technological capabilities far surpassing that of sexual life-forms who unable to fully override their sexual reproductive instinct are not as technologically elegant. Sexual reproduction facilitates competition between members of the same species in the race for genetic survival. Asexually reproducing life-forms are able to dedicate their entire energy to the sole survival of the species as whole with no interest in the individual.

It isn't any coincidence that the Kaled mutation vaguely resembles a Cephalopod or Echinoderm and that even before the later stages of mutation when the Kaled still had a humanoid form it was still closer physiologically to those organisms than mammalian life-forms. As the Doctor said in Genesis of the Daleks 'you can't always judge by external appearances'.

Time Lords unlike Daleks do have a latent capability for natural reproduction via genetic recombination as well as being sequential hermaphrodites (which makes regeneration into another sex possible) but primarily reproduce through asexual reproduction in the form of parthenogenesis. However as both Time Lord and Dalek understanding of genetics has progressed both have forgone natural reproduction largely in favour of artificial reproduction.

The Doctor is not given to violence precisely because he is asexual. The Kaleds were forced to resort to violence because they construed a universe inhabited by sexual life to be a threat. The Doctor's human companions should be celibate for the time they travel with him.

Boofer

Boofer

Utter, fucking shit.

I've rested my balls on my keyboard and produced better.

So boring; zero sparkle and zilch personality.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum