burrunjor
Pepsi Maxil
Rawkuss
Rob Filth
Genkimonk
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

126Unpopular Opinions - Page 6 Empty Re: Unpopular Opinions 27th August 2019, 3:51 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Ronnie wrote:They are the only Batman films I like.
They’re the only live action ones I’d call great, anyway. I like the Burton films, but they’re a little superficial at times (I know this opinion will piss off a few members here). The recent DCEU films have been fucking appalling, anyway.

127Unpopular Opinions - Page 6 Empty Re: Unpopular Opinions 27th August 2019, 4:02 pm

Ludders

Ludders

I've only seen the live action films. It's not a genre that interests me enough to go any further than that.
I like the Man of Steel, BvS, Wonder Woman, Justice League films best.

128Unpopular Opinions - Page 6 Empty Re: Unpopular Opinions 27th August 2019, 4:08 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I'm partial to the Burton/Schumacher films.

129Unpopular Opinions - Page 6 Empty Re: Unpopular Opinions 27th August 2019, 6:07 pm

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

Bernard Marx wrote:
Ronnie wrote:They are the only Batman films I like.
They’re the only live action ones I’d call great, anyway. I like the Burton films, but they’re a little superficial at times (I know this opinion will piss off a few members here). The recent DCEU films have been fucking appalling, anyway.
I agree with this sentiment. I love Batman Begins and The Dark Knight is easily one of my favourite movies. I like The Dark Knight Rises up until the last 30 minutes which utterly falls flat on its face hard. I also agree on the Burton movies, but I will credit them for being the template for The Animated Series.
Mask of the Phantasm and The Lego Batman Movie are criminally underrated and I would argue that both understand Batman and the franchise slightly more than the Nolan Movies.

130Unpopular Opinions - Page 6 Empty Re: Unpopular Opinions 27th August 2019, 6:13 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I always liked The Dark Knight Rises, but something didn't feel quite right about it.

It took this video to clarify what it was to me and how the film didn't make the best translation of its source material.

131Unpopular Opinions - Page 6 Empty Re: Unpopular Opinions 27th August 2019, 7:28 pm

Boofer

Boofer

It should be legal to rub your shit on random children's faces in order to strengthen their stress and trauma tolerance for later in life.

This is potentially master race-building stuff.

Everyone between the ages of 5-12 should have tramp shit smeared on their angelic faces at least once a month.

132Unpopular Opinions - Page 6 Empty Re: Unpopular Opinions 27th August 2019, 10:02 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Boofer wrote:

Everyone between the ages of 5-12 should have tramp shit smeared on their angelic faces at least once a month.

Are you sure that's an unpopular opinion? I'm all for it!

133Unpopular Opinions - Page 6 Empty Re: Unpopular Opinions 28th August 2019, 7:16 am

Mott1

Mott1

Iggy Pop's Party album can be damn good, goofy fun if you're in the mood. As can Resident Evil 6.

134Unpopular Opinions - Page 6 Empty Re: Unpopular Opinions 28th August 2019, 9:13 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Bernard Marx wrote:
Mercury wrote:
Bernard Marx wrote:
Mercury wrote:The Nolan Batman films are overrated.
I’d agree there about The Dark Knight Rises, and I think The Dark Knight may be lauded a little too much, but I still think the first two are great overall.

I love Ledger's take on the Joker and the films are well directed, but I don't think they are the best takes on Batman IMO.
I’d say they’re amongst the best produced of the brand, but I’ll agree that they don’t encapsulate the style of the lore as much as Batman: The Animated Series does. To be honest, I think Nolan’s earlier films are his absolute best, especially Memento and The Prestige.

Agreed Batman the Animated series is the finest adaptation of Batman there has ever been. It brilliantly captures all sides of the Batman character and lore.

The DCAU dispels the myth that you should never let fans produce something. Bruce Timm, Paul Dini and Alan Burnett were all life long DC fans, and that's why the DCAU is so perfect. It was made by people who knew the characters, and were able to merge different interpretations and eras together.

Take their versions of the Joker and Lex Luthor for instance. The Joker has been both a camp, silly villain, and a dark, monster clown. Batman tas merged both together under the idea that the Joker is so insane, how dangerous he is depends on his mood. If he's in a jolly mood he might just be fun and silly, but if he's angry, because he has no filter then there is nothing he won't do. Almost all other versions favour one interpretation. Romero is a camp comedy villain, Nicholson and Legder were darker.

Lex Luthor meanwhile similarly originally started as a super villain with super suits, giant robots and death rays who wanted to take over the earth and build a galactic empire from there. Later versions became an evil businessman who covered his tracks and who Superman was never able to lay a finger on.

Most versions favour the latter, but again the DCAU merged both. They had Lex start out as an evil businessman in Superman, and then had him get exposed in Justice League which leads to him becoming an over the top supervillain, who after merging with Brainiac develops plans to take over the universe.

At the same time however the DCAU was able to add new twists to its characters. Like in the Jokers case the inclusion of Harley Quinn who became as good a foil to him as Batman himself.

Fans absolutely can produce something. Just don't get self loathing fanboys who desperately want their elitist friends not to laugh at them for liking it. (Though even then I still argue that many of the Fitzroy Crowd were not fans. I think most of them like Moffat just pieced it together from memory, hence Mofftwats absurd claim that Pertwee and Delgado NEVER played it as enemies. LOL )

Having said that Bruce Timm in recent years has become self indulgent. His Harley Quinn/Batman movie was appalling. It was like a lot of Moffat's later crap, just him living out his wank fantasies.

He even drew Harley Quinn with two buttcracks! Timm however I still don't think is like Mofftwat in that he isn't a sell out to people who don't even like the franchise.

I think Timm is more comparable to Nicholas Briggs in that he has let his past success get to his head and has become self indulgent. Even then though Timm doesn't anger me like Briggs. Briggs is also a traitor to his own fans, retweeting that the Daleks are better than them because the Daleks accepted Jodie and promoting people like Claudia Boleyn who ironically used to accuse Matt and Moffat both of whom he worked with of promoting sexual assualt!

Still someone needs to tell Timm to reign it in, (though I've heard good things about Justice League vs Fatal Five.)

135Unpopular Opinions - Page 6 Empty Re: Unpopular Opinions 28th August 2019, 9:19 am

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

I’ve not seen any of Bruce Timm’s later stuff, so after hearing what they’re like, I’m glad I haven’t. Smile

136Unpopular Opinions - Page 6 Empty Re: Unpopular Opinions 28th August 2019, 10:22 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Bernard Marx wrote:I’ve not seen any of Bruce Timm’s later stuff, so after hearing what they’re like, I’m glad I haven’t. Smile

Like I said much like River Song and Missy its basically just the writer masterbating.

At least this isn't part of the DCAU though. Its legacy is intact, but still its a classic example of someone's fame getting to their head.

Like I said though Justice League vs Fatal Five is supposed to be a return to form.

137Unpopular Opinions - Page 6 Empty Re: Unpopular Opinions 27th September 2019, 8:17 pm

REDACTED

I prefer Back To The Future III to II.

138Unpopular Opinions - Page 6 Empty Re: Unpopular Opinions 27th September 2019, 8:47 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Mercury wrote:I prefer Back To The Future III to II.

What makes you prefer the third movie?

139Unpopular Opinions - Page 6 Empty Re: Unpopular Opinions 27th September 2019, 9:42 pm

REDACTED

I just enjoy it more as westerns are one of my favorite genres and I thought it had Thomas F Wilson's and Christopher Lloyd's best performances of the trilogy. I still like II but to be honest, some things I don't get (Why does Doc come up with this convoluted plan to have Marty impersonate his son when he could tell Marty that his kid is gonna be a fuck-up.) I'm not denying II's magic, but III is more my cup of tea.

Am I forgiven? Sad

140Unpopular Opinions - Page 6 Empty Re: Unpopular Opinions 27th September 2019, 9:45 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Mercury wrote:I just enjoy it more as westerns are one of my favorite genres and I thought it had Thomas F Wilson's and Christopher Lloyd's best performances of the trilogy. I still like II but to be honest, some things I don't get (Why does Doc come up with this convoluted plan to have Marty impersonate his son when he could tell Marty that his kid is gonna be a fuck-up.) I'm not denying II's magic, but III is more my cup of tea.

Am I forgiven? Sad

I guess so Wink

141Unpopular Opinions - Page 6 Empty Re: Unpopular Opinions 27th September 2019, 9:48 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I like RoboCop 3. After the digustingly vile RoboTurd 2 I was pleased that Fred Dekker injected some life back into the series. I admit that the entire film is just a love letter to the original but I don't mind that.

142Unpopular Opinions - Page 6 Empty Re: Unpopular Opinions 28th September 2019, 9:51 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Star Wars is inferior to Star Trek.

143Unpopular Opinions - Page 6 Empty Re: Unpopular Opinions 28th September 2019, 11:13 pm

iank

iank

Absolutely. Liked SW as a kid but I don't even think much to the originals now, and as for the rest... zzz.

I'm not that much of a Trekkie, but I like a lot more of it (the original films, DS9, at least some of TNG...)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

144Unpopular Opinions - Page 6 Empty Re: Unpopular Opinions 30th October 2019, 3:53 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

New Year's Eve is better than Christmas day.

145Unpopular Opinions - Page 6 Empty Re: Unpopular Opinions 7th November 2019, 11:51 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Eating a Marmite Sandwhich is literally better than having an orgasm.

146Unpopular Opinions - Page 6 Empty Re: Unpopular Opinions 7th November 2019, 12:38 pm

Boofer

Boofer

How much marmite though?

In the days when I was a meat eater, I used to love a sausage sandwich with a scraping of marmite and plenty of butter.

147Unpopular Opinions - Page 6 Empty Re: Unpopular Opinions 7th November 2019, 12:43 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Cunnus Maximus wrote:How much marmite though?

In the days when I was a meat eater, I used to love a sausage sandwich with a scraping of marmite and plenty of butter.

I don't have butter in mine. I just cover both slices with a couple of layers of marmite. Tastes so good, man!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum