You are not connected. Please login or register

Tru Who Coming To Twitch!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tru Who Coming To Twitch! Empty Tru Who Coming To Twitch! 23rd May 2018, 6:22 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Over 500 classic episodes from the 26 seasons of classic Doctor Who will air worldwide on the live streaming video platform Twitch from May 29th.

Fans will be able to watch adventures from the first seven Doctors – from 1963’s An Unearthly Child to 1989’s Survival – while chatting live to thousands of other viewers around the world.

This epic screening of classic Doctor Who from May 29th until July 23rd follows Twitch’s successful marathons of Power Rangers, Bob Ross: The Joy of Painting and Mister Rogers' Neighborhood.

In addition to the episodes being screened in blocks - three times a day, around the world, completely free - fans can also enjoy a heap of exclusive Twitch content.

Doctor Who emotes

Viewers who subscribe to the TwitchPresents channel will gain access to a pack of exclusive emojis, themed around the classic Doctors. Who needs words when you can react with a bemused Sixth Doctor?

There will be prizes

For fans in the US, UK, and Canada, Twitch is hosting a giveaway each week of the event, including a grand prize trip to London Comic-Con. For details on how to enter and full terms and conditions visit: https://watch.twitch.tv/DoctorWhoSweepstakes

Pre-show content hosted by Yogscast

Join leading UK digital content creators The Yogscast for a series of exclusive specials, introducing each era of the show - the highs, the lows, the behind the scenes stories, the monsters and the gaffes. With a cast of Doctor Who screenwriters, experts, fans, and even a former companion, the Yogscast's Turps, and resident Doctor Who expert Matt Toffolo discuss why modern audiences should LOVE classic Doctor Who (as if we needed a reason!).

Mark your 500 Year Diaries! Starting May 29th, you can tune in each day, Monday to Friday from 11am Pacific US / 7pm UK to catch episodes on Twitch.tv/TwitchPresents.

You can find a full episode listing with screening times from a US and UK perspective in our Watch section.

https://www.doctorwho.tv/whats-new/article/classic-doctor-who-comes-to-twitch-for-seven-week-marathon

2Tru Who Coming To Twitch! Empty Re: Tru Who Coming To Twitch! 23rd May 2018, 8:22 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Here's the schedule for Brit Bongs

https://www.doctorwho.tv/watch/twitch/#UK

Unfortunately, they're not showing any Dalek stories that aren't by Terry Nation, or Planet of Fire or missing stories (even ones with animated recons)

3Tru Who Coming To Twitch! Empty Re: Tru Who Coming To Twitch! 23rd May 2018, 10:15 pm

Boofer

Boofer

Should be interesting, Zarius. Hopefully the chat isn't full of berks.

4Tru Who Coming To Twitch! Empty Re: Tru Who Coming To Twitch! 24th May 2018, 10:17 am

Zarius

Zarius

Boofer wrote:Should be interesting, Zarius. Hopefully the chat isn't full of berks.

I sampled the chat yesterday...loads of Nu Who fans in there who are looking forward to Jodie. Had to break the bad news about the scheduling a couple of times to them.

5Tru Who Coming To Twitch! Empty Re: Tru Who Coming To Twitch! 24th May 2018, 1:50 pm

Boofer

Boofer

I imagine there'll be some spectacular opportunities for wind ups in that chat. LOL LOL LOL

Hmm, now if there was only a way of convincing some of them that Jodie was going to regenerate into a man in a Golden Retriever furry suit at the end of the season, and that the show was going to be renamed 'Dogtor Who'...

6Tru Who Coming To Twitch! Empty Re: Tru Who Coming To Twitch! 29th May 2018, 6:48 pm

Zarius

Zarius

The marathon has started, you won't believe it, but the pre-show introducing the stream went on to spoil every plot point of the first two series before any of it has even aired yet. I shit you not! LOL

7Tru Who Coming To Twitch! Empty Re: Tru Who Coming To Twitch! 30th May 2018, 8:09 am

Zarius

Zarius

Loved the chat last night...especially with The Daleks ("MY LEGS, MY LEGS", "RIP LEGS", "OOF")

"FFS SUSAN"

Also, "WE MADE IT, LONDON 1965" LOL

8Tru Who Coming To Twitch! Empty Re: Tru Who Coming To Twitch! 31st May 2018, 10:21 am

Zarius

Zarius

een watching Keys of Marinus over on Twitch...lots of fun with the second episode, that should have been a standalone story in itself, it'd make a good New Who episode actually. Barbera's "evasion" of her pursuers amused the Twitch chat, who responded with "Stealth 100", when we got to Ian being framed for murder and the trial, the chat exploded into references to Sherlock and CSI

9Tru Who Coming To Twitch! Empty Re: Tru Who Coming To Twitch! 1st June 2018, 9:57 am

Arthur Stengos

Arthur Stengos

It looks like Twitch have missed out a few stories including Day of the Daleks, Ressurection of the Daleks, Planet of Fire, Revelation of the Daleks and Remembrance of the Daleks. I wonder why that is. Sad

10Tru Who Coming To Twitch! Empty Re: Tru Who Coming To Twitch! 1st June 2018, 1:13 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Rights issues with the Nation Estate I imagine, no idea why they're skipping Planet of Fire.

Watching Planet of Giants/Dalek Invasion of Earth/Rescue/Romans right now...chat's been great, when the Doctor offered Vickie the trip in the TARDIS one commented it was his first sales pitch

11Tru Who Coming To Twitch! Empty Re: Tru Who Coming To Twitch! 1st June 2018, 3:05 pm

Arthur Stengos

Arthur Stengos

I don't think it's anything to do with the Nation estate because Twitch are showing the other Dalek stories.

12Tru Who Coming To Twitch! Empty Re: Tru Who Coming To Twitch! 7th June 2018, 4:24 pm

SixthDoctor

Someone said Robert Holmes was like the RTD of Classic Who during the Krotons yesterday because they both wrote a lot of episodes and sometimes re-wrote other people's episodes

13Tru Who Coming To Twitch! Empty Re: Tru Who Coming To Twitch! 7th June 2018, 4:55 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

I don't mean to be dismissive but you could make the same argument about Terrence Dicks and Steven Moffat. Lots of showrunners/head writers rewrite other people's work, often uncredited, it's part of the job

14Tru Who Coming To Twitch! Empty Re: Tru Who Coming To Twitch! 7th June 2018, 6:29 pm

SixthDoctor

I agree with you. I was proper outraged when I saw that

15Tru Who Coming To Twitch! Empty Re: Tru Who Coming To Twitch! 9th June 2018, 1:19 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Arthur Stengos wrote:I don't think it's anything to do with the Nation estate because Twitch are showing the other Dalek stories.

All the ones by Terry Nation are being streamed. That has everything to do with the estate.

16Tru Who Coming To Twitch! Empty Re: Tru Who Coming To Twitch! 28th June 2018, 8:51 pm

Zarius

Zarius

DWM references one of the Twitch memes

Tru Who Coming To Twitch! R606Tqf

In the meantime, I managed to catch some Wieng-Chiang and Fang Rock, but it was too hot to stay glued to the computer all morning so I missed a lot of it. Don't really fancy any of the stories on tonight other than maybe Sun Makers and Fendhal (never seen the latter)

17Tru Who Coming To Twitch! Empty Re: Tru Who Coming To Twitch! 10th January 2019, 10:24 am

Zarius

Zarius

Encore performance on Twitch for most of January. Up to the War Games as of this writing. Splendid stuff. Chat is full of people enjoying the stories, bashing Jodie and a few trolls are occasionally demanding Pokemon

18Tru Who Coming To Twitch! Empty Re: Tru Who Coming To Twitch! 11th February 2019, 9:22 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Finally, Twitch have achieved the rights to the remaining classic Dalek stories, including The Five Doctors, and will be marathoning them from the 17th through to the 22nd of February

https://www.doctorwho.tv/news/?article=the-daleks-come-to-twitch-for-six-day-marathon&fbclid=IwAR1pVRx9seM62zKDsdQzjPAyo1r8lg6-t6lpqQIjJ7ZS1lf-upA6wyEEdl8#_

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum