You are not connected. Please login or register

What aspects of Nuwho are you insulted by?

+7
burrunjor
Richayard
Genkimonk
Defeatment
Rob Filth
DeadManRising
Vulnavia
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

It's really not that hard to improve your looks. Things like hair cuts, healthy eating, frequent exercise, sleep, change of attire and a clean face can make all the difference. You're not completely fucked if you actually try and look presentable. She's probably the type that gets offended when someone tries to give her words of friendly advice or encouragement.

burrunjor

burrunjor

I must confess that I don't really like all of this convo about her looks.

I don't think it ever really accomplishes anything to go on about someone's looks, and it ends up just looking nasty and personal TBH.

As a teenager I always hated it when people were vile about Amy Winehouse's looks so I am not about to be a hypocrite and say that its okay when its someone I hate's looks being ripped on. PS a lot of these cunts who were absolutely vile about Amy when she was alive and it was trendy to be nasty, are now the feminists, telling the rest of us we are sexist.

Here look at a sketch from this bitch Katy Brand back in 2008.

Now flash forward to 2014 when its trendy to be a feminist, and see what she has to say about awful men who make jokes about women's looks, and how women are always judged for their appearances.

Katy Brand 9 Things You Need To Know About Being A Female Comedian

She's a typical feminist, IE phoney, opportunistic shithead who wants to use it to advance her career.

Obviously yes a persons looks to some extent can be within their control. If you get too thin, too overweight, etc then you are not going to look as good as you could be.

However some things are beyond your control like the size of your nose, ears and also at the end of the day everyone's taste is different. Personally I LOVE a big nose for instance. I also quite like plump girls too. Even at work I've been called a chubby chaser.

Whilst obviously yes you can tell someone in a helpful way if they are getting too overweight, or too thin, not just for their looks but their health. Amy Winehouse for instance whilst a beautiful girl naturally, DID obviously fuck her looks up with drugs, so telling her that in a helpful way would have been fine. Ultimately however the people who dogpiled on her and called her ugly like Katy Brand didn't do anything to help her.

They were just nasty, and I find that it often does just get nasty when your points against people are how ugly they look. It also makes it look like you don't have an argument, as someone looks has nothing to do with their arguments. Hell Anita Sarkeesian is very, very, very, very attractive physically, but her views and personality are absolutely disgusting.

Sorry to act like a white knight on this I've just never particularly liked this type of humour, its a pet peeve of mine. If this was Scotland though I could get you arrested for making jokes I don't like.  Big Grin

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

burrunjor wrote:I must confess that I don't really like all of this convo about her looks.

I don't think it ever really accomplishes anything to go on about someone's looks, and it ends up just looking nasty and personal TBH.

FWIW, I agree. Although, Even though I haven't said some of the stuff in this thread doesn't mean I haven't been thinking similar so maybe I am a hypocrite there.

Boofer

Boofer

^White knight cucks. LOL

There's nothing wrong with the odd ad hominem attack now and again, especially when someone who puts themself in the public eye is completely lacking in self-awareness about how they look.

For the record, I'm hardly an adonis-like sex God, but then I don't subject people on social media to my appalling countenance and flabby, middle-aged body.

I fully admit I'm being a bit of a cunt here, but this is a minor forum in the middle of nowhere, and I find these issues so frustrating that I occasionally indulge in a bit of spiteful catharsis. It's something I inherited from my mother, who is needlessly critical about everyone's appearance to the point where it becomes exhausting.

Winehouse's appearance changed because she had a number of illnesses related to addiction. It's hard not to be struck with a degree of sympathy for someone with so much talent fighting against their self-destructive impulses. That's something that can't really be changed by any amount of negativity. Even so, I can see why some traduced her for it, mainly because people equate their own nature with others'. Indeed we see everything through our own phaneron, which affects our perception; we measure others' behavior against our own impulses and our own subjective, narrow perceptions of human 'nature'.

Attractiveness is also highly subjective within the boundaries of a window of normative symmetry and averageness. I find Sarkeesian pretty 'meh', but there are plenty of 'interesting'-looking women who can sustain my attention. Personally, I'm not one for big noses. I like them small and dainty; I like big eyes, full lips and a strong, compact chin. Most importantly, and not as a disclaimer, I like women with a certain amount of smarts. I'm more sapiosexual than I am anything else. I can't abide women who can't expand on the usual tedious, small-talk celebrity/fashion/trash TV triad of terminal boredom.

Men really need to stand the fuck up and tell women that they're not fucking interested in their new purchases, who so and so from (name shit show here) is shagging this week, or the latest gossip about (insert someone they hate here). Men who allow themselves to be subjected to that nonsense just for a bit of sex ruin it for everyone else.

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

No mocking from me. Seal's comments made me think about looks in general and how it was easy for one to be appealing if they really put in a great effort. It's none of my concern how she wants to look but I do like suggesting things. I never mock people for their looks but I do believe that one should give healthy advice on such things. If they take it on board then that's great, if they don't then that's also fine. I like listening to people who tell me where I could possibly improve. I now take cold showers to help my skin, eat less crap and I even shaved off my beard when I started to look like Teen Wolf. 

iank

iank

This is all getting a bit too philosophical for me on a Sunday morning... Confused

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Boofer

Boofer

iank wrote:This is all getting a bit too philosophical for me on a Sunday morning... Confused

IANK IS FROM THE FUTURE - I FUCKING KNEW IT! LOL

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Does anyone have Moffat's email? I have a great idea but its full of unconnected set pieces and I need help glueing it together with some useless intertextuality and allusions to past Doctor's being sexist

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum