You are not connected. Please login or register

At what point did you realize Nuwho is not all that?

+8
DeadManRising
Clayton Dickman
Mott1
Bill
Boofer
Rawkuss
Zarius
Richayard
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Vulnavia

Vulnavia

CommanderMaxil1983 wrote:
Sorry. I admit I thought you being sarcastic. Vulnavia was with his "Typically Doctor-ish behaviour, I think we can all agree. They really nailed the character there." comment, though.

er... "his"?!? Cool

The only good thing about the US TVM for me was McCoy, giving his finest performance in the role and looking fantastic. I wish he'd starred in it throughout, actually; McGann was too young and drippy to be my kind of Doctor, he reminded me of Davo, only not quite as good. Don't get me wrong, he's a fine actor, and I'd obviously rather have had him than Eccleston in 2005 - he was much better in that 50th anniversary tidbit he did, despite the quality of the material he had to work with - but in my opinion he, too, was miscast.

And I don't care what external factors resulted in that snogging scene: it's still bullshit.

burrunjor

burrunjor

- The Master turning into some kind of worm at the start of the movie was pretty campy and stupid. Although nowhere near as bad as turning into a cannibal with electrical powers like he did in The End of Time.

- Why would the Daleks of all things conduct a trial of any kind? And why would they allow the Doctor, their greatest enemy, to come to Skaro to pick up the Master's remains and then transport his remains to Gallifrey?

- Furthermore, why would the Doctor even agree to transport the Master's remains in the first place?

Well I suppose the worm thing was a bit stupid, but its not that big a stretch for the Master. We know from past stories that his mind can exist outside of its body, such as when he took over Tremas. So this is really just an extension of that, though why they made it a worm I have no idea?

As for the Daleks perhaps at that point they had reached a Cold War scenario with the Time Lords? Maybe both were capable of destroying each other, but neither for purely their own sakes wished to strike first (until they knew they could finish the other one.)

Perhaps the Daleks handing over the Master and allowing the Doctor to take him back to Skaro was a sign of a temporary peace treaty until the Daleks or Time Lords could break the stalemate?

I agree obviously there is nothing to suggest that in the film. Clearly they wanted to have the Master executed by aliens, and those aliens were changed to Daleks at the last minute for name value, regardless of whether it made sense.

Still you can rationalise it. Its not quite as stupid as say having the Doctor become space Jesus, having the Master want to shag him, the moons an egg etc.

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Vulnavia wrote:
CommanderMaxil1983 wrote:
Sorry. I admit I thought you being sarcastic. Vulnavia was with his "Typically Doctor-ish behaviour, I think we can all agree. They really nailed the character there." comment, though.

er... "his"?!? Cool

The only good thing about the US TVM for me was McCoy, giving his finest performance in the role and looking fantastic. I wish he'd starred in it throughout, actually; McGann was too young and drippy to be my kind of Doctor, he reminded me of Davo, only not quite as good. Don't get me wrong, he's a fine actor, and I'd obviously rather have had him than Eccleston in 2005 - he was much better in that 50th anniversary tidbit he did, despite the quality of the material he had to work with - but in my opinion he, too, was miscast.

And I don't care what external factors resulted in that snogging scene: it's still bullshit.

Sorry. I wasn't paying attention and it is a force of habit of mine because most of the members around here are male. I wasn't meaning to be rude.

I did like McCoy but I thought his best performance was in Remembrance. His characterization in the TV movie is a bit dodgy. Surely he saw the shooters on the scanner?

My love for the TV movie comes down to my interest in 1990s made for video/TV action/science fiction flicks. It may not have that quality that makes the classic series so loveable but it does stand up as a decent one off.

Vulnavia

Vulnavia

CommanderMaxil1983 wrote:Sorry. I wasn't paying attention and it is a force of habit of mine because most of the members around here are male. I wasn't meaning to be rude.

I did like McCoy but I thought his best performance was in Remembrance. His characterization in the TV movie is a bit dodgy. Surely he saw the shooters on the scanner?

My love for the TV movie comes down to my interest in 1990s made for video/TV action/science fiction flicks. It may not have that quality that makes the classic series so loveable but it does stand up as a decent one off.

No worries, Commander. Very Happy

I did enjoy aspects of the TVM to some extent when I saw it in 1996. I haven't seen it for a long time, but I doubt I would find much to like in it now. I do suspect I would prefer it to the modern series, though, if only for Sylv.

iank

iank

While I agree with Vulvania on the TV Movie, I've always been utterly bewildered by those who claim it's Sylv's best performance. I mean, really? He has like two fucking lines... LOL

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Vulnavia

Vulnavia

iank wrote:While I agree with Vulvania on the TV Movie, I've always been utterly bewildered by those who claim it's Sylv's best performance. I mean, really? He has like two fucking lines... LOL

There's something nicely understated about his delivery, and he just seems so very Doctor-ish. I really hadn't liked him (or the show itself) when he had been in it, but his appearance in the TVM changed that. Mostly, I think I just really loved his look! cyclops

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

One thing I love about the TV movie is Grace. I remember running that scene where she ran in slow motion through the Hospital corridor in that beautiful outfit over and over again in my mind when I was about 11. Embarassed Absolutely gorgeous woman and she turned out to be a very likeable character as it went on.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum