burrunjor
DeadManRising
Clayton Dickman
Lunchtoiletdweller
Boofer
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26The McCoy Era was the Greatest!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The McCoy Era was the Greatest!!! 2nd March 2019, 3:24 pm

Mott1

Mott1

One thing that stood out at the time as much as now was how McCoy's all-round entertainer personality became part of the 7th Doctor's, such as in Time & The Rani, Delta and the Greatest Show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9QKdrMS96Y

Perhaps Chibbers will get Jodie spooning too, as an attempt to boost ratings...?

27The McCoy Era was the Greatest!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The McCoy Era was the Greatest!!! 2nd March 2019, 8:35 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I'm happy that the era ended on such a high note. I really don't see Chibnall bashing out a Fenric or Survival at the end of Jodie's miserable run. The production team should only pat themselves on the back once they deliver an episode that doesn't make Time-Flight look like a masterpiece in comparison.

28The McCoy Era was the Greatest!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The McCoy Era was the Greatest!!! 2nd March 2019, 8:53 pm

bryanbraddock

bryanbraddock

iank wrote:
CommanderMaxil1983 wrote:
Boofer wrote:Ghost Light could have been a superb story, but it's just an obfuscated, convoluted mess. Anyone who says it makes sense is either lying to themselves or utterly pretentious. Big Grin

Ghost Light is ridiculously easy to follow.

The only reason people snigger at those that claim they don't understand it is because they make it sound like some sort of ancient puzzle that takes intense concentration and deciphering for it to make sense.

lol I know. I saw it as a kid and didn't find it confusing. Some Doctor Who fans aren't the brightest flowers in the field, are they? LOL

I've honestly never understood what some people find confusing about Ghost Light. Confused

29The McCoy Era was the Greatest!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The McCoy Era was the Greatest!!! 21st May 2019, 3:36 am

Doctor7

I love Sylvester McCoy him Peter Davison and tom are my faves I love his era I love his playing of the spoons,his dark nature underneath his funny side,I love Ace ,I liked Mel time and Rani I liked this story actually Sylvester McCoy wears a curly wig because Colin baker was only invited for a regeneration episode then he would have to quit. So he said no.

30The McCoy Era was the Greatest!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The McCoy Era was the Greatest!!! 21st May 2019, 3:37 am

Doctor7

I love Sylvester McCoy him Peter Davison and tom are my faves I love his era I love his playing of the spoons,his dark nature underneath his funny side,I love Ace ,I liked Mel time and Rani I liked this story actually Sylvester McCoy wears a curly wig because Colin baker was only invited for a regeneration episode then he would have to quit. So he said no.

31The McCoy Era was the Greatest!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The McCoy Era was the Greatest!!! 21st May 2019, 3:38 am

Doctor7

I can understand why he said no. But Sylvester acts great in his debut the Rani is back which is awesome i love her character the tetrap s are cool looking doglike bat creatures. I enjoy it a 7.9 or even 8 for me.

32The McCoy Era was the Greatest!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The McCoy Era was the Greatest!!! 21st May 2019, 3:37 pm

Doctor7

I like paradise towers maybe not my favorite story but it has good moments I like the cleaners almost remind me of the war machines ,a 7.9 out of 10.

33The McCoy Era was the Greatest!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The McCoy Era was the Greatest!!! 21st May 2019, 3:41 pm

Doctor7

I quite like delta and the bannerman I love the villain of Gavrok,this is set in the fifties,a solid 8 out of 10 for me.

34The McCoy Era was the Greatest!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The McCoy Era was the Greatest!!! 9th June 2019, 9:12 pm

Doctor7

Dragonfire I enjoyed this one iceworld was very interesting .Ace is introduced played by the lovely Sophie Alfred and Glitz returns. Good farewell scene for Mel in this too. I give this one 8 out of 10.

35The McCoy Era was the Greatest!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The McCoy Era was the Greatest!!! 10th June 2019, 5:22 am

Doctor7

Rememberance of The Daleks love This story love the renegade and imperial daleks going against each other,seventh using the hand of omega on skaro quite a moment hope no Thals were on Skaro.9.2 out of 10.

36The McCoy Era was the Greatest!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The McCoy Era was the Greatest!!! 10th June 2019, 6:48 pm

REDACTED

Time And The Rani and Silver Nemesis aside, The McCoy era was brilliant with a lot of new and interesting ideas and some of the best stories of the series and it won me back to the show back in 88.

37The McCoy Era was the Greatest!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The McCoy Era was the Greatest!!! 2nd September 2019, 8:48 am

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

The McCoy era is in my top 5 of all time. Season 24 is very dodgy, but I find Delta to be a guilty pleasure and can sit through Dragonfire if in the right mood. Remembrance is superb in every respect, The Happiness Patrol is an extremely underrated gem (sorry, Ronnie!), Silver Nemesis has a dodgy script but again functions as a guilty pleasure, and Greatest Show is a brilliant meta-commentary on the state of the programme as well as featuring some pertinent surrealist imagery. Battlefield gets shat on in many corners of fandom, though I personally quite like it, and think that the rest of season 26 is fantastic. There’s a rather inventive and unique atmosphere to the latter part of the era that really appeals to me, and the musical scores to stories like Ghost Light, Fenric and Survival are amongst the best and most evocative ever composed for the series.

38The McCoy Era was the Greatest!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The McCoy Era was the Greatest!!! 2nd September 2019, 9:00 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I love this era so much. It has the best stories, companions, incidental music and direction. Remembrance and Fenric are on a completely different level to everything else in the series.

39The McCoy Era was the Greatest!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The McCoy Era was the Greatest!!! 2nd September 2019, 9:10 am

Ludders

Ludders

I don't expect apologies for having different tastes to me. Besides, I'm extremely thick-skinned. Lol
Up to a point, I'm a bit the other way round on the McCoy era than I am on the Colin Baker era. He had some fairly good stories as time went on, but I just think Sylv himself is terrible.
Remembrance is by far and away his best story by light years, and for me there's nothing in S26 that holds a candle to it, even though the stories in his final season show a marked improvement in tone, for the most part.
I can't abide S24, but I admit Dragonfire is a step in the right direction.
As for Happiness Patrol, there's a good story in there but it's just so terribly realised. To be honest, I'd rather watch Battlefield, in spite of Sylv's appalling acting. Jean Marsh alone makes it worth the price.
I think they were getting there with the likes of Fenric and Ghost Light. Even though the latter is poorly conceived and written, it's got way more atmosphere than anything in S24, which is the nadir of the classic series.

40The McCoy Era was the Greatest!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The McCoy Era was the Greatest!!! 2nd September 2019, 9:17 am

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

The apology wasn’t a sincere one- I was just acknowledging our difference in taste (though we seem to agree on quite a few other things).

I’ll admit that I haven’t actually watched season 24 in a long time, and I don’t know what I’ll think of it now. I might completely loathe it (I’m contemplating re-watching it soon. 😂). I’ll agree that Remembrance is certainly better written and structured than Ghost Light objectively, but I enjoy Ghost Light more due to its bizzare nature and atmosphere, and the fact that the story’s conceptual premise is so strange and interesting. I think most of my affections for the era are subjective more than anything else, to be fair, though I stand by that stories like Remembrance and Fenric are brilliant.

41The McCoy Era was the Greatest!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The McCoy Era was the Greatest!!! 2nd September 2019, 9:28 am

Ludders

Ludders

No worries, I'm the king of subjectivity. Lol

42The McCoy Era was the Greatest!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The McCoy Era was the Greatest!!! 2nd September 2019, 12:45 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

The McCoy Era was the Greatest!!! - Page 2 Tumblr_p235y6cCI21sc83uwo1_500

43The McCoy Era was the Greatest!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: The McCoy Era was the Greatest!!! 2nd September 2019, 12:48 pm

Ludders

Ludders

Rawkuss wrote:The McCoy Era was the Greatest!!! - Page 2 Tumblr_p235y6cCI21sc83uwo1_500

LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum