+2
Tanmann
Pepsi Maxil
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Tara Ward. One of the yummiest JNT era babes!

The single greatest thing in Warriors of the Deep Presto10

The single greatest thing in Warriors of the Deep Presto16

The single greatest thing in Warriors of the Deep Presto15

The single greatest thing in Warriors of the Deep Presto11

The single greatest thing in Warriors of the Deep Presto12

The single greatest thing in Warriors of the Deep Presto13

The single greatest thing in Warriors of the Deep Presto14

Damn.

Last edited by Pepsi Maxil on 4th February 2020, 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

You shouldn't refer to Tara Ward as a 'thing'.

You shitlord....

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

The single greatest person in Warriors of the Deep isn't as appealing. It also makes people wonder what the thing is. Is it a person? Is it the score? Is it the production design? My intention wasn't malicious.

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Pepsi Maxil wrote:The single greatest person in Warriors of the Deep isn't as appealing. It also makes people wonder what the thing is. Is it a person? Is it the score? Is it the production design? My intention wasn't malicious.

I was joking Maxil.

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Tanmann wrote:
Pepsi Maxil wrote:The single greatest person in Warriors of the Deep isn't as appealing. It also makes people wonder what the thing is. Is it a person? Is it the score? Is it the production design? My intention wasn't malicious.

I was joking Maxil.

Add an emoticon or something. I'm useless LOL

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Okay

Noted for future reference Cool

REDACTED

Pepsi Maxil wrote: I'm useless. LOL

Stating the obvious there. Wink

iank

iank

The firm restating of the Doctor's moral code.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

stengos

stengos

The model work in episode 1.

The "blink and you would miss it" fight sequence at the end of episode 1 which ended with Davison falling into the water. Compare it to fight sequences during the Williams era where actors would gently lower themselves to the floor. Much better.

The Silurian costumes. Much better than those used in the original Pertwee Silurian story which just looked like baggy overalls. Pertwee's was a much better story mind.

The Doctor doesnt just turn up, take command and know all the answers. In fact he makes mistakes. Its quite a good dramatic device and can make for more compelling viewing.

None of these things were great but they were positives. Its an okay story which suffered badly from the loss of two or more weeks in its planned production schedule because Thatch unexpectedly declared a general election at the last minute. Oh yeah - and the Myrka and the soft rubber bulk head doors didn't help things.

One thing i did think could be defined as great though: Turlough and Davison turned in very good performances. Might sound like faint praise but sometimes you don't even get a strong leading cast in this show.

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

There have been great stories where the Doctor has been shown as fallible and ultimately unable to save the day (Power of the Daleks, Inferno, Genesis of the Daleks, Horror of Fang Rock).

It can make a more compelling show in which the climax might indeed go either way. So long as it's still ultimately possible to root for the Doctor, though.

However if done in a ham-fisted way, it can simply make the Doctor seem clueless, defective and unfit for purpose, and make the show appear a lost cause.

In Warriors I'd say they got it catastrophically wrong and avoidably so.

If it was meant to be an improvement on the Williams era, then frankly I'd rather Williams hadn't left.

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

iank wrote:The firm restating of the Doctor's moral code.

And you honestly think that's more important than a hot babe? Weirdo!

stengos

stengos

Tanmann wrote:There have been great stories where the Doctor has been shown as fallible and ultimately unable to save the day (Power of the Daleks, Inferno, Genesis of the Daleks, Horror of Fang Rock).

It can make a more compelling show in which the climax might indeed go either way. So long as it's still ultimately possible to root for the Doctor, though.

However if done in a ham-fisted way, it can simply make the Doctor seem clueless, defective and unfit for purpose, and make the show appear a lost cause.

In Warriors I'd say they got it catastrophically wrong and avoidably so.

If it was meant to be an improvement on the Williams era, then frankly I'd rather Williams hadn't left.

Just banter. I don't agree with you but then I didn't mean to wind you up either.

Smile

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Pepsi Maxil wrote:

Screw morals, indeed.

*Preston and Sea Devil shoot each other in chemical story*

Tegan: "She's dead!"

Turlough (to the Doctor): "Quick, let's get in her while she's still warm!"

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

stengos wrote:Just banter. I don't agree with you but then I didn't mean to wind you up either.

Smile

Not at all  Smile  I was just moved to try to clarify my stance on how fallible the Doctor should be before it becomes (I think) problematic or a dealbreaker, rather than, as you say, something that can enhance the stakes and the Doctor's mortality.

I suppose my line about Williams might've seemed a bit bitter, but I do often think and lament that more was possibly lost than gained by the all-change after his departure.

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Tanmann wrote:
Pepsi Maxil wrote:

Screw morals, indeed.

*Preston and Sea Devil shoot each other in chemical story*

Tegan: "She's dead!"

Turlough (to the Doctor): "Quick, let's get in her while she's still warm!"

Tegan: Are you sure this is the right time to be doing that? There's a massacre taking place out there!

Doctor: There is?

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

LOL

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

The single greatest thing in Warriors of the Deep?

All the humans dying.

http://www.thefuckingobvious.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum