Worst FX in Classic Who.

+4
Rawkuss
Clayton Dickman
DeadManRising
Boofer
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Worst FX in Classic Who. Empty Worst FX in Classic Who. 15th February 2018, 12:43 am

Boofer

Boofer

The Myrka comes to mind.

And the printed roundels on the Tardis wall.

LOL LOL LOL

2Worst FX in Classic Who. Empty Re: Worst FX in Classic Who. 15th February 2018, 1:24 am

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

That weird giant penis monster in 'The Creature from the Pit' comes to mind. I'm not quite sure what the design department were thinking when they put together that monstrosity.

3Worst FX in Classic Who. Empty Re: Worst FX in Classic Who. 15th February 2018, 1:48 am

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Matthew Waterhouse, McCoy in Baker's coat and a blonde wig, Kamelion, the giant rat, the giant clam, the giant... you get the picture...

Last edited by Mr. Happy on 15th February 2018, 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total

4Worst FX in Classic Who. Empty Re: Worst FX in Classic Who. 15th February 2018, 1:50 am

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Ace's dialogue, "You scumbag", "Gorden Bennet", "You Toerag".

5Worst FX in Classic Who. Empty Re: Worst FX in Classic Who. 15th February 2018, 1:53 am

iank

iank

I've always found that criticism decidedly disingenous to say the least - how precisely did you expect her to talk pre-watershed? For fucks sake, I'm watching late 80s episodes of The Bill at the moment and the likes of Burnside and Roach are also uttering lines like "Scumbag" and "toerag", which makes this argument decidedly spurious if not completely retarded...
At pre-9pm no one was going to say "Fuck off you CUNT!" I'm afraid...

And "Gordon Bennett" was (and probably still is) a pretty common expression, at least where I grew up... Rolling Eyes

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

6Worst FX in Classic Who. Empty Re: Worst FX in Classic Who. 15th February 2018, 2:30 am

Boofer

Boofer

Mr. Happy wrote:Ace's dialogue, "You scumbag", "Gorden Bennet", "You Toerag".
LOL LOL

I think it's more noticeable because it's delivered by someone with the consummate acting skills of a village pantomime stand-by.

Season's 25-26 had some of the poorest dialogue in the classic series.

"There's a wind ripping up. I can feel it through my clothes. Is there a storm coming?"  LOL  LOL  LOL

"Powerful! Crush the lesser races! Conquer the galaxy! UNIMAGINABLE POWER! UNLIMITED RICE PUDDING! ET CETERA, ET CETERA!"  pale

CRINGE.

7Worst FX in Classic Who. Empty Re: Worst FX in Classic Who. 15th February 2018, 8:15 am

Mott1

Mott1

Honourable mention for the Skarasen in Terror Of The Zygons. Particularly in the story's climax, but also during the chase sequence earlier on : at one point I swear it does a flick of the wrist that Frankie Howerd would have been proud of.

8Worst FX in Classic Who. Empty Re: Worst FX in Classic Who. 15th February 2018, 10:07 am

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Mott1 wrote:Honourable mention for the Skarasen in Terror Of The Zygons. Particularly in the story's climax, but also during the chase sequence earlier on : at one point I swear it does a flick of the wrist that Frankie Howerd would have been proud of.

They did have some great model work with the Zygon ship, though, didn't they?

9Worst FX in Classic Who. Empty Re: Worst FX in Classic Who. 15th February 2018, 11:45 am

Mott1

Mott1

They did, Mr Happy! You often get some of the best & worst fx and/or model work in the same stories.

Regarding Ace in The Curse Of Fenric : her dialogue in that scene is certainly weird, but if she'd chatted up the soldier with the phrase "Fuck off you cunt" I think the Professor would have told her off for not doing it how they'd rehearsed it...

Last edited by Mott1 on 15th February 2018, 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

10Worst FX in Classic Who. Empty Re: Worst FX in Classic Who. 15th February 2018, 12:01 pm

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

Not Classic Who, but does anyone else remember that stupid Auton wheelie bin from the very first episode of NuWho? That was some pretty cringy special effects right there. Even worse, the Autons replace Mickey with a plastic version of themselves later on which looks absolutely NOTHING like the original. Of course, dumbass Rose doesn't seem to notice the fact that her own boyfriend looks completely different for some reason.

11Worst FX in Classic Who. Empty Re: Worst FX in Classic Who. 15th February 2018, 12:46 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

The Gangers in whatever that series 6 two-parter was called weren't great. One of the Series 10 stories had some crap CGI, was it the first episode? I can't remember

12Worst FX in Classic Who. Empty Re: Worst FX in Classic Who. 15th February 2018, 1:21 pm

Mott1

Mott1

I don't remember the Adipose being the most convincingly-realised Nu Who monsters. Or as Rob Filth calls them, the flumps!

13Worst FX in Classic Who. Empty Re: Worst FX in Classic Who. 15th February 2018, 2:16 pm

Clayton Dickman

Clayton Dickman

iank wrote:I've always found that criticism decidedly disingenous to say the least - how precisely did you expect her to talk pre-watershed?

It's not the insults as such. More the well-spoken accent they were delivered in - Londonish and she'd have gotten away with it.

14Worst FX in Classic Who. Empty Re: Worst FX in Classic Who. 15th February 2018, 2:18 pm

Clayton Dickman

Clayton Dickman

Four To Doomsday - Peter Davison going for a spacewalk and that business with the cricket ball to propel him back to a cardboard TARDIS had me squirming into my Angel Delight.

15Worst FX in Classic Who. Empty Re: Worst FX in Classic Who. 15th February 2018, 8:33 pm

Mott1

Mott1

Girl walks up to you in a nightclub and says "Fancy a jump?" - The correct response would be "Sorry, I have no idea what that means!"

Girl walks up to you in a nightclub and says "There's a wind ripping up. I can feel it through my clothes. Is there a storm coming?" - The correct response would be "Get your coat, love, you've pulled!" (or "You had me with 'There's a wind ripping up...'"")

16Worst FX in Classic Who. Empty Re: Worst FX in Classic Who. 16th February 2018, 10:31 am

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

The video at the end of this could have been Mondas in the Tenth Planet

https://www.boredpanda.com/sphere-of-42000-matches-wallacemk/

17Worst FX in Classic Who. Empty Re: Worst FX in Classic Who. 16th February 2018, 8:09 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Boofer wrote:Season's 25-26 had some of the poorest dialogue in the classic series

Here we go Rolling Eyes

Only playing, Boofer.

I respect your opinion even if it happens to be completely wrong.

If you're finding Ghost Light hard to follow I suggest having a notebook at the ready so you can jot down some of the key plot points and make some sense of it as you go along LOL

18Worst FX in Classic Who. Empty Re: Worst FX in Classic Who. 16th February 2018, 8:14 pm

Richayard

The Functionaries in Carnival of Monsters were pretty basic.

19Worst FX in Classic Who. Empty Re: Worst FX in Classic Who. 16th February 2018, 9:59 pm

iank

iank

CommanderMaxil1983 wrote:
Boofer wrote:Season's 25-26 had some of the poorest dialogue in the classic series

Here we go Rolling Eyes

Only playing, Boofer.

I respect your opinion even if it happens to be completely wrong.

If you're finding Ghost Light hard to follow I suggest having a notebook at the ready so you can jot down some of the key plot points and make some sense of it as you go along LOL

LOL

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

20Worst FX in Classic Who. Empty Re: Worst FX in Classic Who. 18th February 2018, 12:02 pm

Mott1

Mott1

The steel pan lid, sorry, Dalek spaceship landing in Death To The Daleks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum