Boofer
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Worst classic seasons? Empty Worst classic seasons? 8th February 2018, 9:54 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Season 11. The only weak Pertwee season.

Last edited by Commander Maxil on 18th October 2018, 9:38 pm; edited 2 times in total

2Worst classic seasons? Empty Re: Worst classic seasons? 8th February 2018, 10:38 pm

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

Season 24 is a pretty strong contender for worst Classic Who season of all time. Aside from Dragonfire, pretty much all the episodes were fucking garbage. Time and the Rani is one of those episodes that's so bad you almost want to laugh out loud at how terrible it is.

3Worst classic seasons? Empty Re: Worst classic seasons? 8th February 2018, 10:41 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Why is everyone giving Dragonfire the free pass? I can happily watch the first three stories but as soon as I get to Dragonfire I find it hard to sit through it. Worst McCoy story for sure.

4Worst classic seasons? Empty Re: Worst classic seasons? 8th February 2018, 10:42 pm

iank

iank

Season 9 has one great story - Day - and then is either BORING (Curse, sea devils) or boring and really, really badly made (Mutants and Time Monster).
Trial is a train wreck. Season 24 is hugely flawed by it all being such a rush, but it's got energy and enthusiasm and I'd take it over the interminably tedious and out of ideas Trial any day.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

5Worst classic seasons? Empty Re: Worst classic seasons? 8th February 2018, 10:43 pm

iank

iank

CommanderMaxil1983 wrote:Why is everyone giving Dragonfire the free pass? I can happily watch the first three stories but as soon as I get to Dragonfire I find it hard to sit through it. Worst McCoy story for sure.

Um, no. Easily the best of 24 and an absolute hoot in my book. Love it! Big Grin
Nothing will ever beat TATR as the worst Sylv.

6Worst classic seasons? Empty Re: Worst classic seasons? 8th February 2018, 10:46 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

iank wrote:
CommanderMaxil1983 wrote:Why is everyone giving Dragonfire the free pass? I can happily watch the first three stories but as soon as I get to Dragonfire I find it hard to sit through it. Worst McCoy story for sure.

Um, no. Easily the best of 24 and an absolute hoot in my book. Love it! Big Grin
Nothing will ever beat TATR as the worst Sylv.

Rani is a total hoot to me. The "I can't remember who I am" aspect of the story is great. Nice visual look to it and Keff's score is rad.

I'll continue to defend the first three stories. I guess everyone else has Dragonfire's back.

7Worst classic seasons? Empty Re: Worst classic seasons? 8th February 2018, 11:11 pm

iank

iank

Oh I like Delta too and even PT (sometimes). It's just Rani I haven't been able to sit through for about 25 years! Big Grin

8Worst classic seasons? Empty Re: Worst classic seasons? 9th February 2018, 8:47 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

A lot of season 11 is weak, but it has two of my favourite stories, Death to the Daleks and The Time Warrior.

Linx and Irongron are just so perfect together.

9Worst classic seasons? Empty Re: Worst classic seasons? 9th February 2018, 2:55 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Invasion of the Dinosaurs is a rewrite away from being interesting.

10Worst classic seasons? Empty Re: Worst classic seasons? 9th February 2018, 6:28 pm

Boofer

Boofer

Season 11 is nowhere near as bad as any of the McCrap seasons.

11Worst classic seasons? Empty Re: Worst classic seasons? 9th February 2018, 7:43 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Nonsense. Season 26 wipes the floor with it.

12Worst classic seasons? Empty Re: Worst classic seasons? 9th February 2018, 9:25 pm

iank

iank

Of course it does, laughable to suggest otherwise. LOL

13Worst classic seasons? Empty Re: Worst classic seasons? 10th February 2018, 12:03 am

Boofer

Boofer

You jokers LOL

The cutting room floor during Pertwee's era is better than anything from the kiddies-entertainer, rolling-r, spoon-playing gurner's tenure.

Ace is also the SHITTEST companion in all Doctor Who.

14Worst classic seasons? Empty Re: Worst classic seasons? 10th February 2018, 12:32 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Boofer wrote:You jokers LOL

The cutting room floor during Pertwee's era is better than anything from the kiddies-entertainer, rolling-r, spoon-playing gurner's tenure.

Ace is also the SHITTEST companion in all Doctor Who.

Hmmm never knew you had such a hate boner for the McCoy era? You've kept that quiet.

15Worst classic seasons? Empty Re: Worst classic seasons? 10th February 2018, 12:44 am

iank

iank

Quite mental. It's very sad, really, what mental illness does to someone.

Big Grin

16Worst classic seasons? Empty Re: Worst classic seasons? 10th February 2018, 9:00 am

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

I like the McCoy era - most of it.

17Worst classic seasons? Empty Re: Worst classic seasons? 10th February 2018, 9:02 am

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Boofer wrote:Ace is also the SHITTEST companion in all Doctor Who.

Adric, Kamelion?

Sophie Aldred confuses shouting with acting but she isn't that bad! Smile

18Worst classic seasons? Empty Re: Worst classic seasons? 10th February 2018, 10:02 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Mr. Happy wrote:

Adric, Kamelion?

Agreed she is a little bit hysterical at the start and she has some cringey moments like MUM I'M SORRY!" but overall I think she is great.

Her performance in Survival is brilliant in particular.

Has anyone seen Mindgames? It was a spin off movie written by Terrance Dicks in the late 90s. Its really quite a dark and frightening ending for Ace and Sophie I think does really well.

Boofer/Cunt/Seal is just trolling me thinks. Okay he might not like Sylv and Sophie, but come on here.

Ace is the worst companion in ALL of Doctor Who? That includes the new ones?

I direct you to this scene

That alone puts Donna ahead of Ace surely? Then there is Rose who completely ruined the character by being the woman he Luuuuuuuurved and eventually got her own blow up doll of the Doctor.

I mean seriously here. This is before we get into Clara who slaps the Doctor back into place and takes over every aspect of the shows lore from Hartnell to the fucking Time War.

19Worst classic seasons? Empty Re: Worst classic seasons? 10th February 2018, 10:36 am

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

Oh, god. Journey's End... I could write an entire novel about just how horrible that entire episode was.

That shit with the Meta-Crisis Doctor was so fucking dumb on so many levels. If he's supposed to have the same basic personality as the original Doctor with the same memories and same thoughts, then why the fuck would he ever agree to stay on Earth for the rest of his life? Surely he's eventually going to become completely miserable from being stuck on one relatively primitive planet for so long and not being able to travel across space in his trusty old TARDIS?

What was RTD smoking when he wrote this monstrosity?

20Worst classic seasons? Empty Re: Worst classic seasons? 10th February 2018, 12:40 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Ace's backstory in Dragonfire was plain weird: "I was doing this brill experiment to extract nitroglycerine from gelignite, but I think something must have gone wrong. This time storm blows up from nowhere and whisks me up here."

Very reminiscent of the Wizard of Oz. Then there is the bad guy melting like the wicked witch and Ace's real name is Dorothy?

Mel's backstory about being a computer was also a bit odd.

21Worst classic seasons? Empty Re: Worst classic seasons? 10th February 2018, 12:44 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

burrunjor wrote:
Mr. Happy wrote:

Adric, Kamelion?

Agreed she is a little bit hysterical at the start and she has some cringey moments like MUM I'M SORRY!" but overall I think she is great.

Her performances do go a bit shouty TO SHOW I AM A STRONG FEMALE CHARACTER in quite a few Big Finish stories.

Boofer/Cunt/Seal is just trolling me thinks. Okay he might not like Sylv and Sophie, but come on here.

For what it's worth, I don't think he is trolling. I am sure he has expressed a dislike for the McCoy era a few times. And Kamelion is easily forgettable. Nu Who it's more the overacting than the female companions, except Clara. She was a misandrist and both the actress and the character were terrible from series 8 onwards.

Didn't mind Clara before that.

22Worst classic seasons? Empty Re: Worst classic seasons? 10th February 2018, 2:26 pm

Mott1

Mott1

S24 is very bad indeed, to the point that Delta And The Bannermen seems like a fine high point. Time And The Rani's tetraps are a good idea and the bubble traps are well done, but the rest is a camp forerunner of Nu Who. I do think there are small signs the show would recover tho - Kane in Dragonfire, for example.

Is there an argument for saying s17 might have been a contender for worst original series season, but for s24? S11 is slightly redeemed by Jon's dignified departure, but apart from City Of Death (which has its silly moments) there's a real sense of the show losing its way.

23Worst classic seasons? Empty Re: Worst classic seasons? 10th February 2018, 3:09 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

S24 is like listening to a radio station you can't quite tune into, there are good bits coming through

24Worst classic seasons? Empty Re: Worst classic seasons? 10th February 2018, 6:35 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

DeadManRising wrote:Oh, god. Journey's End... I could write an entire novel about just how horrible that entire episode was.

That shit with the Meta-Crisis Doctor was so fucking dumb on so many levels. If he's supposed to have the same basic personality as the original Doctor with the same memories and same thoughts, then why the fuck would he ever agree to stay on Earth for the rest of his life? Surely he's eventually going to become completely miserable from being stuck on one relatively primitive planet for so long and not being able to travel across space in his trusty old TARDIS?

What was RTD smoking when he wrote this monstrosity?

That episode sucked so bad. Worse Davros story ever and I count Destiny in that. Total overacted bollocks that is designed to "hit in you in the feels" more than anything else. No effort was made to tell a really interesting story or do something unique or different. I actually thought Last of the Timelords was less insulting and that was a total train wreck.

25Worst classic seasons? Empty Re: Worst classic seasons? 10th February 2018, 8:37 pm

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

Personally, I'd consider The End of Time and Last of the Time Lords to be worse. But Journey's Bellend sits comfortably in third place.

Seeing both Davros and the Daleks be reduced to a laughing stock by "The Doctor-Donna" just casually flipping a few levers was absolutely brutal to watch.

Then of course, you had that cringe worthy scene where the Doctor and all of his companions laugh and high five each other as they "fly the Earth back home" with sappy, melodramatic music playing in the background.

You also have all that nonsense with the Meta-Crisis Doctor, which I kinda already went over. Also, bringing back Rose completely undermined her exit in Doomsday. Not that I actually cared about her exit in Doomsday or anything, but it still feels incredibly cheap.    

Then of course, near the ending, you have Emo Doctor standing in the rain feeling sorry for himself yet again. God, I fucking hate the 10th Doctor SO MUCH.  

It's just... awful.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum