Plain Old Dave
sanchez ll
burrunjor
Genkimonk
iank
Defeatment
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Things New Who Has Destroyed Empty Things New Who Has Destroyed 28th December 2017, 10:03 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Go on list the ones that piss you off the most.

Well for me obviously I hate the way they have buggered up regeneration and the Master but rather than list those usual complaints again I will list the way they have destroyed the ability for the Doctor to have a proper ending.

I watched Logan recently and it was great. I liked the way that they gave Wolverine a definitive ending to his story.

I would have loved for them to do the same for the Doctor. He was only supposed to have 13 lives. They could have easily spun Doctors 9-13 out over a long time if they had gotten actors who were devoted to the role and not burned through two incarnations, (War and Handy) for the sake of a publicity stunt?

Making 13 the final Doctor could have opened up so many interesting possibilities. I would have loved to have seen him struggle with knowing he couldn't change again, maybe becoming a bit less foolhardy and also perhaps feeling regretful that he had used up his incarnations in such a quick time.

You could have given him a proper ending which saw the Doctor die like Logan which would have been a huge tv event.

Then the next version of the character would have been a remake which would have given the next generation a clean slate to do whatever they wanted.

As it is now they made the Doctor immortal so his story will never end, but worse, they have also buggered it up so much with their hybrid storyline, gender bending Doctors and Masters that no one will want to continue this version anyway so it will just quietly whimper away.

2Things New Who Has Destroyed Empty Re: Things New Who Has Destroyed 28th December 2017, 11:35 pm

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

Extending the 12 regeneration limit and granting the Doctor a new regeneration cycle isn't necessarily a bad thing, since it's well within the show's canon (the high council on Gallifrey offered the Master a new regeneration cycle in The Five Doctors). It was just executed horribly in NuWho. That scene in The Time of the Doctor when the Time Lords send magical fairy dust out of the fucking sky and The Doctor uses the energy from his newly acquired regeneration cycle to blow up an entire Dalek fleet like some kind of Dragon Ball Z character was one of the dumbest moments in the show's history.

Extending the regeneration limit is perfectly fine, so long as it's written properly. Hell, if anything you can make a really compelling story centred around the Doctor desperately trying not to die and finding some way to extend his natural lifespan.

Last edited by DeadManRising on 29th December 2017, 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total

3Things New Who Has Destroyed Empty Re: Things New Who Has Destroyed 28th December 2017, 11:45 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

The Brigadier.

4Things New Who Has Destroyed Empty Re: Things New Who Has Destroyed 29th December 2017, 12:04 am

Defeatment

Tension and malicious Alien life forms.
Exciting new story Batman gooses the Joker's crack sort of things.
Plus although the classic series had lots of talk, they didn't have inane banter!

5Things New Who Has Destroyed Empty Re: Things New Who Has Destroyed 29th December 2017, 12:25 am

iank

iank

The credibiity of the character, the universe and the show.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

6Things New Who Has Destroyed Empty Re: Things New Who Has Destroyed 29th December 2017, 12:45 am

Genkimonk

Genkimonk

I just hate how they changed things with no explanation. If the Doctor fucking explodes every time he regenerates, he would have vaporised Polly and Ben, blown up UNIT HQ, Melted Adric, Tegan and Nyssa to a telescope, Fused Peri's boobs to the console and blown up a Tetrap and Rani.

Even in Night of the Doctor he doesn't fucking explode.

A simple "we weponised regeneration in the time war" would have worked. But New Who just doesn't fucking care. It's got a budget and wants that catchy CGI.

Also Davros having fucking eyes and knowing the Doctor as a Child.
Cyberbrig
Laws of the universe (Coyote fall, blowjob paveent slab)
Sontarans- A parady of the Klingons
Daleks- Need I explain this
Cybermen- Utterly ignored Kit Pedler's original ambition for them. They may as well be robots.
Master- He had drums in his head, but never thought to mention it for over 35 years.
Sarah Jane Smith- Sellout

7Things New Who Has Destroyed Empty Re: Things New Who Has Destroyed 29th December 2017, 12:54 am

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

I also miss how every regeneration in the classic series was unique. No two regenerations were the same.

The 1st Doctor's face changed under a beam of blinding white light.
The 2nd Doctor floated away in some space vacuum after being exiled by the Time Lords.
The 4th Doctor merged with the Watcher just before he changed.
The 5th Doctor regenerated under a swirl of colours after having a flashback to his past companions.
The 7th Doctor changed rather grotesquely with crackles of electricity to accompany it.  

Granted, the 3rd and 6th Doctor's regenerations were rather samey, but at least they used different effects.

Now in Nuwho every regeneration has to be accompanied with the same stock yellow-orangy explosion bullshit. It's rather uninspired.

8Things New Who Has Destroyed Empty Re: Things New Who Has Destroyed 29th December 2017, 1:16 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Extending the regeneration limit is perfectly fine, so long as it's written properly. Hell, if anything you can make a really compelling story centred around the Doctor desperately trying not to die and finding some way to extend his natural lifespan.

I'm not sure to be honest. I always think its better to have an ending and since 13 lives is the limit anyway, why not just have him die then?

That way when the next version comes along it can be a remake and totally divorced from the original, and we don't have to worry about them messing up the established lore and story.

t was just executed horribly in NuWho. That scene in The Time of the Doctor when the Time Lords send magical fairy dust out of the fucking sky and The Doctor uses the energy from his newly acquired regeneration cycle to blow up an entire Dalek fleet like some kind of Dragon Ball Z character was one of the dumbest moments in the show's history.

I thought it was more like the old Mario games. When you ran out of lives, you'd get a star and it would make you go all gold and twinkly and kill anything you touched. Once you killed enough bad guys you'd get 1 ups.

That's what happened in Time of the Doctor. The time lords shot the 13th Doctor a star which made him go all gold and twinkly and after he took out enough Daleks he got 13 1 ups.

9Things New Who Has Destroyed Empty Re: Things New Who Has Destroyed 30th December 2017, 11:56 am

sanchez ll

New Who certainly Destroyed the programme 'Doctor Who' for a start !

the public had asked for it back - when will BBC do that ?

10Things New Who Has Destroyed Empty Re: Things New Who Has Destroyed 30th December 2017, 1:51 pm

Plain Old Dave

The notion of the TARDIS as a "living" machine. One of the more interesting plot points in DW was the dilapidated state of the thing; it broke regularly, and one example of this was seen in Wheel In Space.

11Things New Who Has Destroyed Empty Re: Things New Who Has Destroyed 30th December 2017, 2:13 pm

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

Plain Old Dave wrote:The notion of the TARDIS as a "living" machine. One of the more interesting plot points in DW was the dilapidated state of the thing; it broke regularly, and one example of this was seen in Wheel In Space.

What? You mean you weren't entertained by the TARDIS' soul being transferred into a hobo woman and having her constantly flirt with the Doctor!?

12Things New Who Has Destroyed Empty Re: Things New Who Has Destroyed 30th December 2017, 6:06 pm

Mott1

Mott1

Entertaining Saturday nights watching BBC1.

On the topic of the Master forgetting he had drums in his head for 35 years there are other characters with memory problems. Take Captain Jack, he's an immortal who's been around for ages but didn't remember he had a brother til halfway thru s2 of Torchwood. Perhaps he came so hard he forgot not only where he was but his family tree, too.

13Things New Who Has Destroyed Empty Re: Things New Who Has Destroyed 8th February 2018, 7:19 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

My sanity.

14Things New Who Has Destroyed Empty Re: Things New Who Has Destroyed 8th February 2018, 8:45 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Sanity is overrated.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum