You are not connected. Please login or register

What is it you hate about a female Doctor?

+9
Tanmann
Pepsi Maxil
Zarius
Defeatment
Plain Old Dave
DeadManRising
iank
Mott1
Boofer
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26What is it you hate about a female Doctor? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is it you hate about a female Doctor? 8th September 2019, 11:59 am

Ludders

Ludders

What do you mean "almost" a parody? There's no 'almost' about it. The whole shit show has been a parody for years. Even more so since Moffat decided to troll fans through the programme itself.
Fair point about the Rani. Though the big similarity for me is the fact they are both as camp as fuck. Lol

27What is it you hate about a female Doctor? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is it you hate about a female Doctor? 8th September 2019, 12:12 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Bernard Marx wrote:Agreed, though I thought Simm was even worse in The End Of Time, which I’d say prior to Missy was the single worst Master performance. He’s the most unbelievably hammy and exaggerated Master to that point in that story, and the “Dinner Time!” scenes just exacerbate this.

The End of Time as an episode might be worse in terms of the long term damage it does to the Doctors character, but the Jesus Doctor bit is just so embarrassingly awful.

Its even worse than the Master race. The Master race is third rate comic book nonsense, whilst the Jesus Doctor is just beyond description.

As for Simm's performance in both stories, I think he at least got one good bit in The End of Time. His sacrifice to stop Rassilon at the end. It was again more like Callisto and the Joker than the Master. He even used their famous line "YOU MADE ME!" Still for that version of the Master it was actually a great way to end his story.

The Last of the Time Lords has no redeeming moments meanwhile LOL.

28What is it you hate about a female Doctor? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is it you hate about a female Doctor? 10th September 2019, 4:01 pm

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

It's pretty clear that the support for a female Doctor is malicious at its origin, and has nothing to do with 'helping women'.

Clearly - if people really wanted more female roles they'd create them, not impose them.

The motivation is the joy of depriving men of the Doctor and delivering a 'blow' against the political other. Much more satisfying, if less convincing as a recruitment manifesto.

The motivation is also apparently so overwhelming that the whole 'this doesn't make any sense, in and out of the show,' thing is rendered completely mute.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum