Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 32 of 40]

776Series 11 - Page 32 Empty Re: Series 11 25th September 2018, 11:19 am

shan164

Zarius wrote:Series 11 - Page 32 78DjICN

Series 11 - Page 32 XY7rPus

Got it in one.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/1829289831

"God that costume looks so much better when the pants are boot length. and that picture just makes it glaringly obvious."

777Series 11 - Page 32 Empty Re: Series 11 26th September 2018, 7:47 am

edgelord

tardis wrote:Peter Capaldi isn't even the Doctor any more and they are doing WORSE than simply not supporting him/backing him up....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-england-south-yorkshire-45589723

I know I carry the unpopular opinion that Capaldi is an amazing actor that was hindered by bad scripts and directors, but NO ONE deserves this!  

They didn't support him at all against all the ageist comments people had when he was cast.  And NOW, they're taking it full on to attacking him!  

I'm sure their thought is "well if we tell them how bad it USED to be, surely they'll love what we give them."

But when has that ever actually worked???

Nicola Bryant trying to remain relevant. Maybe she should try to type correct English instead.

Series 11 - Page 32 42505295_256365528400021_882518923520507904_n

778Series 11 - Page 32 Empty Re: Series 11 26th September 2018, 8:49 am

shan164

It might have just been selective text. It happens sometimes. Anyway, the main issue here as we've already been pointing out here (and obviously not just us) is that you can promote your upcoming work without dragging down what went before - especially as you're the same company that made the previous stuff (hence my bafflement).

779Series 11 - Page 32 Empty Re: Series 11 26th September 2018, 10:46 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

edgelord wrote:
tardis wrote:Peter Capaldi isn't even the Doctor any more and they are doing WORSE than simply not supporting him/backing him up....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-england-south-yorkshire-45589723

I know I carry the unpopular opinion that Capaldi is an amazing actor that was hindered by bad scripts and directors, but NO ONE deserves this!  

They didn't support him at all against all the ageist comments people had when he was cast.  And NOW, they're taking it full on to attacking him!  

I'm sure their thought is "well if we tell them how bad it USED to be, surely they'll love what we give them."

But when has that ever actually worked???

Nicola Bryant trying to remain relevant. Maybe she should try to type correct English instead.

Series 11 - Page 32 42505295_256365528400021_882518923520507904_n

I'm glad at least she had spine. The Beeb have ALWAYS been a disgrace however. That's the only place she went wrong.

780Series 11 - Page 32 Empty Re: Series 11 26th September 2018, 3:25 pm

Zarius

Zarius

782Series 11 - Page 32 Empty Re: Series 11 27th September 2018, 11:30 am

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

Well, seeing as you guys are still waffling and speculating about this utter aberrational turdfest, it seems you are all going to watch it.

Shame on you.

Someone wake me back up when BBV/Reeltime have come back into business.

Enjoy your barbie doll paedo-dressed smugfest suckers.

http://www.thefuckingobvious.com

783Series 11 - Page 32 Empty Re: Series 11 27th September 2018, 4:13 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Come on Barbie, let's go party! lol!

784Series 11 - Page 32 Empty Re: Series 11 27th September 2018, 10:09 pm

iank

iank

Rob Filth wrote:Well, seeing as you guys are still waffling and speculating about this utter aberrational turdfest, it seems you are all going to watch it.

Shame on you.

Don't look at me, I ain't watching it!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

785Series 11 - Page 32 Empty Re: Series 11 28th September 2018, 10:17 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Rob Filth wrote:Well, seeing as you guys are still waffling and speculating about this utter aberrational turdfest, it seems you are all going to watch it.

Shame on you.

Don't worry I won't be watching a milesecond of her era. Its fun to laugh at it here, but when its own tv. Not a chance! I couldn't subject myself to 45 mins of Bubble from Ab Fab.

"RAAAAAAGHT THIS IS GONNNNNA BE FOOOOOOOOOON!"

"If I were to ask you really, really, really nicely. Would you be my best friend" (translation "PLEASE WATCH ME PLEASE!")

786Series 11 - Page 32 Empty Re: Series 11 28th September 2018, 10:55 am

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

LOL. All you posers who insist that you aren’t even going to watch a second of Jodie’s run are so full of shit.

You can try and act cool and nonchalant all you want, but you know damn well that your curiosity WILL eventually get the better of you. I guarantee that almost every single active user here come October the 7th will be here typing away with their flaming keyboard fingers of doom furiously ranting about how cringe worthy Jodie’s Doctor is and how the show is definitely going to get cancelled when Series 11 is over.

If you were really as disinterested as you claim to be, then you wouldn’t even be here in the first place. Don’t even try and pretend otherwise.

787Series 11 - Page 32 Empty Re: Series 11 28th September 2018, 11:14 am

Zarius

Zarius

I'm seeing the same shit on Planet Mondas too...the spoiler thread is almost 70% full of people saying "I'm not watching it" rather than discuss details on what's coming up, which is'nt really the place for it (though some members admitted it's virtually the only active thread on that forum now, go figure)

I just said "see you on the 7th" LOL

If not, they'll likely torrent the thing so as not to give I-Player or catch-up any extra views.

I'll be watching so I can be constructively critical, or to enjoy it (hopefully I do), I do fanedits of the show so obviously I'll have to see it so I have ideas for how to trim it of anything I disagree with.

788Series 11 - Page 32 Empty Re: Series 11 28th September 2018, 12:00 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

burrunjor wrote:Don't worry I won't be watching a milesecond of her era.

Bollocks LOL

789Series 11 - Page 32 Empty Re: Series 11 28th September 2018, 1:01 pm

bryanbraddock

bryanbraddock

DeadManRising wrote:LOL. All you posers who insist that you aren’t even going to watch a second of Jodie’s run are so full of shit.

If you were really as disinterested as you claim to be, then you wouldn’t even be here in the first place. Don’t even try and pretend otherwise.

Been a lurker since the early leisure hive days, but only just registered because I see this argument everywhere, and had to say that it's complete bollocks.

I haven't watched nuwho regularly since Tennant's second series, but I still take an interest in mocking and shitting on the despair fest that is nuwho!

I honestly don't understand what any fan who grew up with real Doctor Who gets out of the garbage that the BBC has been putting out under the title Doctor Who since 2005.

790Series 11 - Page 32 Empty Re: Series 11 28th September 2018, 1:18 pm

Zarius

Zarius

bryanbraddock wrote:I honestly don't understand what any fan who grew up with real Doctor Who gets out of the garbage that the BBC has been putting out under the title Doctor Who since 2005.

Judging from how many reactor channel gimps I see have taken to discovering Classic Who through their exposure to "Doctor Who For Dummies", I'd say it's had it's fair amount of uses. Think of it like those woefully inaccurate Guide to the Internet home videos back in the day Wink

I admit to being a major RTD cheerleader in the days where I was 'sperging out on the old Hive forums and the Anorak Zone, I've simmered down a bit since then and now come to understand I was taken in by the populist approach...but with the show being this monster of a thing back in the 2000s, it seemed blasphemous to question what was going wrong with it.

What I got from being a fan of the modern stuff were hugo award winning stories from Moffat in his prime, School Reunion, the more traditional Sarah Jane Adventures, the excellent fourth, fifth, and ninth series, anything by Jaime Matheson, Heaven Sent etc.

The Hivers give the current show it's props when it earns it too..seldom as that seems.

791Series 11 - Page 32 Empty Re: Series 11 28th September 2018, 1:37 pm

shan164

I'm planning to do what I did for Orphan Black Season 4 and 5 which is waiting for the season to be over and then watching the whole lot at once. I'd like to see what that experience is like for Doctor Who for once.

792Series 11 - Page 32 Empty Re: Series 11 28th September 2018, 2:00 pm

bryanbraddock

bryanbraddock

Zarius wrote:What I got from being a fan of the modern stuff were hugo award winning stories from Moffat in his prime, School Reunion, the more traditional Sarah Jane Adventures, the excellent fourth, fifth, and ninth series, anything by Jaime Matheson, Heaven Sent etc.

Thanks for your honest reply, but I'm surprised you cite School Reunion as something you've enjoyed during the nwho era, as that story was one of the major factors for me as an old school fan to turn against the modern show.

RTD changing the Doctor & Sarah Jane's relationship from best friends to one of unrequited love was disgusting. Another thing from that story that struck a sour note for me was the scene between Tennant and Anthony Stewart Head by the swimming pool. Head acted Tennant off the screen during that confrontation, with Tennant looking and sounding like an unconvincing Cockney spiv lacking any of the baring that a centuries old timelord should have during a tense confrontation.

But I'm glad that you get something out of the modern show even if I can't, I envy you I wish I could enjoy nuwho to some extent but I've tried and I just don't like it.

793Series 11 - Page 32 Empty Re: Series 11 28th September 2018, 4:00 pm

Zarius

Zarius

bryanbraddock wrote:RTD changing the Doctor & Sarah Jane's relationship from best friends to one of unrequited love was disgusting.

Ah, I've seen this before with many critics.

I'm a bit of a 'shipper admittedly. It's kind of funny, I don't really like romance in Doctor Who and I will never accept River and her toxic and inconvenient affection/lust/obsession for the lead character, but there's such a natural thing about Sarah and The Doctor that I kind of don't mind it being depicted that way. I don't want to make anyone hurl, but when he said "goodbye..my sarah jane" I essentially headcanoned that as him dumping Rose behind her back and making a long-distance thing official LOL

Another thing from that story that struck a sour note for me was the scene between Tennant and Anthony Stewart Head by the swimming pool. Head acted Tennant off the screen during that confrontation, with Tennant looking and sounding like an unconvincing Cockney spiv lacking any of the baring that a centuries old timelord should have during a tense confrontation.

I prefer the scene in the computer room, where the Doctor is tempted with reprogramming the universe and Sarah brings him down to Earth.

But I'm glad that you get something out of the modern show even if I can't, I envy you I wish I could enjoy nuwho to some extent but I've tried and I just don't like it.

That's fine, sometimes there's a thing called "change within reason", and if you can't find either that or rhyme to it, it's better to just watch stuff that leaves it in the dust, and as much as I love some elements of New Who, there's arguably better stuff than it...and that also goes with simple material too.

There's this show on Nickelodeon  called "Find Me In Paris", despite the fact it's 80% a dance showcase, its' a well crafted time travel soap opera with a female protagonist and it's quite enjoyable.

794Series 11 - Page 32 Empty Re: Series 11 28th September 2018, 4:44 pm

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

I haven't watched the show live for the last decade - doubt I'm going to start now.
Yet, that doesn't mean that I can't enjoy taking the piss out of it and keeping up to date on the shitshow from a rare honest source that is this forum.

795Series 11 - Page 32 Empty Re: Series 11 28th September 2018, 4:56 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Looks like it might be a New Years special instead of Christmas

https://www.starburstmagazine.com/doctor-who-moves-again

796Series 11 - Page 32 Empty Re: Series 11 28th September 2018, 10:17 pm

iank

iank

bryanbraddock wrote:
DeadManRising wrote:LOL. All you posers who insist that you aren’t even going to watch a second of Jodie’s run are so full of shit.

Been a lurker since the early leisure hive days, but only just registered because I see this argument everywhere, and had to say that it's complete bollocks.

I haven't watched nuwho regularly since Tennant's second series, but I still take an interest in mocking and shitting on the despair fest that is nuwho!

I honestly don't understand what any fan who grew up with real Doctor Who gets out of the garbage that the BBC has been putting out under the title Doctor Who since 2005.

Completely agree. Some people appear to find it difficult to grasp the concept that members of a forum aren't going to necessarily stop using said forum just because they're not watching the new version of a show.
I guess Zarius and company just want a nice little echo chamber. My "curiosity" - what little there is - will be more than assuaged by reading other people's reviews. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

797Series 11 - Page 32 Empty Re: Series 11 28th September 2018, 10:48 pm

Clayton Dickman

Clayton Dickman

Zarius wrote:Looks like it might be a New Years special instead of Christmas

https://www.starburstmagazine.com/doctor-who-moves-again

Hope so - embarrassing watching it with the family.

798Series 11 - Page 32 Empty Re: Series 11 28th September 2018, 10:49 pm

Clayton Dickman

Clayton Dickman

Gasp! - Doctor Who's new companion, played by Jodie Whittaker, is on The Graham Norton Show right now.

799Series 11 - Page 32 Empty Re: Series 11 28th September 2018, 10:55 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Why the fuck does there need to be a bloody special every year? It is so cheesy.

800Series 11 - Page 32 Empty Re: Series 11 28th September 2018, 11:21 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I just fear that I'm going to look back at Moffat's era fondly after being exposed to Chibnall's drivel.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 32 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum