Genkimonk
Defeatment
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 40]

51Series 11 - Page 3 Empty Re: Series 11 9th January 2018, 10:44 pm

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

Are little girls REALLY going to be begging their moms and dads to buy them Jodie Whittaker action figures when Series 11 starts?

I have my doubts.

52Series 11 - Page 3 Empty Re: Series 11 14th January 2018, 7:25 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Series 11 - Page 3 1515940480844

53Series 11 - Page 3 Empty Re: Series 11 15th January 2018, 12:20 pm

Richayard

Zarius wrote:Series 11 - Page 3 1515940480844

apparently that's from filming in Seff Efriker.

54Series 11 - Page 3 Empty Re: Series 11 15th January 2018, 12:22 pm

Richayard

Not that I care, I won't be watching this horrific abomination.

55Series 11 - Page 3 Empty Re: Series 11 15th January 2018, 7:03 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

56Series 11 - Page 3 Empty Re: Series 11 18th January 2018, 9:50 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Nicked this from PMF, I mean it's obvious bullshit but here you go

57Series 11 - Page 3 Empty Re: Series 11 19th January 2018, 2:05 am

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

Am I seriously the only one who absolutely despises the idea of recasting past Doctors? When they recast Hartnell's Doctor in 'The Five Doctors' and the recent Christmas special that shall not be named, it was impossible for me to actually take it seriously. I would hate to see them do the same with Troughton's Doctor.

58Series 11 - Page 3 Empty Re: Series 11 19th January 2018, 7:57 am

iank

iank

No, you're not. It's ridiculous, insulting and a joke. The whole point of regeneration was to avoid this stupid in the first place. It's just one more cheapening and selling out of the whole show.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

59Series 11 - Page 3 Empty Re: Series 11 19th January 2018, 9:40 am

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

I am against it. It's just so artificial. Reece Shearsmith was excruciating at the end of Adventures in Space and Time.

60Series 11 - Page 3 Empty Re: Series 11 19th January 2018, 11:29 am

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

61Series 11 - Page 3 Empty Re: Series 11 20th January 2018, 6:35 pm

Mott1

Mott1

At least in The Five Doctors Hurndall's portrayal, and the script, was respectful of Hartnell's characterisation. The Xmas special is further proof that Dr Who is turning into one of those channel 5 shows that take the piss out of the clothes and humour in old shows, oblivious to how the people in them will be viewed in several decades themselves.

62Series 11 - Page 3 Empty Re: Series 11 21st January 2018, 10:40 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

I've been where Ian is for the past 4 years. Its awful the way they can just tar someone as a misogynist for the stupidest of reasons.

Ian Levine has been in the entertainment industry for 40 bloody years and never once was he thought of as a sexist, yet now he is condemned as a woman hating pig because he doesn't like a stupid, jarring decision being made in his favourite show? PS I think its funny how the PC, white knight, mangina soyboy fans have made jokes in response to him about calling the nurses to put him back in his bed. Not the most sensitive remark to make about a guy who had a stroke and can't walk by himself anymore.

Ian will have the last laugh however. The female Doctor will flop, he will be proved right, and in spite of some of the hilarious melt downs he's had over the years Ian will be overall looked on more favourably than these cucks.

He saved classic stories like the first Dalek adventure, whilst these twats have handed the show (and their balls) over to a bunch of whiny, privileged little spoiled brats who don't give a damn about the show. They just care in scoring a little victory over "the evil sexist white male patriarchy"

These SJWs once DW has tanked will just move on to the next show/franchise they can run into the ground. Its what happened with Marvel and DC, the New Atheist Movement and Ghostbusters.

At least Ian proved he had some balls. Its funny though as Ian unlike Whovian Feminism will have dealt with genuine persecution, being a gay, Jewish guy in the 60s who made his name playing records by black artists.

Funny thing is though Ian for all he gets accused of wanting to take the show over, never once demanded that DW be all about his issues, that the Doctor become gay and Jewish and always play soul records and that every story revolve around how hard it is to be a gay man in modern London. Nope he actually just liked it for what it was and that was that.

These assholes however within three years practically of latching onto it have changed almost everything about the show to suit them. I'd rather be part of a fandom with a 1000000 Ian Levine types than ONE Whovian Feminism type.

63Series 11 - Page 3 Empty Re: Series 11 21st January 2018, 11:27 am

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

burrunjor wrote:
Yet now he is condemned as a woman hating pig because he doesn't like a stupid, jarring decision being made in his favourite show?

It’s utterly absurd the sheer amount of ridiculous and baseless accusations I’ve seen being hurled at fans voicing their displeasure of a female Doctor. Yeah, I’m sure there are a small group of people out there who are against the idea of a female Doctor for primarily sexist reasons. However, these people are in the VAST minority. The vast majority of fans against the idea of a female Doctor are like so not out of sexism or misogyny, but out of simple concern for the welfare of the show.

64Series 11 - Page 3 Empty Re: Series 11 21st January 2018, 2:22 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

DeadManRising wrote: Yeah, I’m sure there are a small group of people out there who are against the idea of a female Doctor for primarily sexist reasons.

The funny thing is then people who pushed for a female Doctor are the sexists.

Why does no one ever point that out to them? Have I, or you, or Toilet Dweller or Ian Levine or Iank, or Mott gone to a female led series like Xena, Buffy, and whined and bitched about how unfair it is that it stars a woman and how Joxer and Xander the two male sidekicks should be the heroes.

We also haven't said that Xena could be a man as she doesn't have toxic femininity like being a nag, being selfish etc.

They should be asked what is their problem with a male hero instead.

65Series 11 - Page 3 Empty Re: Series 11 21st January 2018, 9:32 pm

iank

iank

They really are toxic cunts.
I can't stand people these days...

66Series 11 - Page 3 Empty Re: Series 11 23rd January 2018, 9:50 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Broadchurch beat Sherlock at the National Pleb Box Awards tonight

67Series 11 - Page 3 Empty Re: Series 11 24th January 2018, 3:08 pm

Richayard

I was shocked, shocked that ITV program beat BBC program on awards paid for and broadcast on ITV.

68Series 11 - Page 3 Empty Re: Series 11 24th January 2018, 8:52 pm

iank

iank

Big Grin

69Series 11 - Page 3 Empty Re: Series 11 24th January 2018, 10:06 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Zygons

Series 11 - Page 3 1516831252969

70Series 11 - Page 3 Empty Re: Series 11 24th January 2018, 11:57 pm

Genkimonk

Genkimonk

God how I hate British SJWs. They have not only the smug entitlement of the youth of today, but also the loudness and inability to debate coherantly that has come about by the Americanisation of our culture by American news and media.

Worse, it is beginning to happen even in Japan now. The fucking hashtag me too is kicking off here of all places.

71Series 11 - Page 3 Empty Re: Series 11 25th January 2018, 7:37 am

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

I hope they bring back the Kandyman for Series 11. The show is pretty much a massive trainwreck as it is right now, so they might as well make it a fun trainwreck.

72Series 11 - Page 3 Empty Re: Series 11 25th January 2018, 7:39 am

iank

iank

I remember people speculating that Mr Sweet would turn out to be him in Crimson Horror! That would have been fecking hilarious. Big Grin

73Series 11 - Page 3 Empty Re: Series 11 25th January 2018, 7:47 am

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

Fun fact: Big Finish are actually bringing back the Kandyman in the new 8th Doctor audio story 'Ravenous' due to release this April.

https://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/ravenous-1-1797

74Series 11 - Page 3 Empty Re: Series 11 25th January 2018, 8:36 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Genkimonk wrote:God how I hate British SJWs. They have not only the smug entitlement of the youth of today, but also the loudness and inability to debate coherantly that has come about by the Americanisation of our culture by American news and media.

Worse, it is beginning to happen even in Japan now. The fucking hashtag me too is kicking off here of all places.

Thank you. Everyone just remember that I was the one saying these SJW cunts had latched onto and ruined DW way back in 2014 and was dismissed as a crackpot conspiracy theorist and a sexist who can't stand any female led forms of entertainment (even though I've written 10 thousand word articles on the music of Amy Winehouse and on tv shows like Xena, Buffy and Charmed.)

The SJWs are like the Cybermen. They have no individual personalities of their own, they all follow a group think on everything, and they have to take everything over and make it all about them.

Sure a writer with a particular political leaning might have written the odd story with a slight political slant its true, but the SJWs were the only ones who had to take the entire concept over and make it all about them.

For instance a conservative writer for the show, of which there were a few didn't rewrite the Master to be an ANTIFA style communist who went on about how communism is the way forward, and mankind must see its vision, only for the Doctor to give the Master a big lecture about why free market capitalism is the way forward.

Similarly we didn't get the previous left wing writers of the show changing the Doctors back story so that he tried to kick start a communist revolution on Gallifrey and that the Master was a bastard capitalist who was exploiting his workers back home.

SJWs however? As soon as they come to the show (typically after everyone else has) they demand that everything in it be changed to their liking. The Doctor and the Master have to be former gay lovers, they also have to both be non binary, bisexual trans women who hate men, and are so ashamed of being white men they change into women. The companion whilst the Doctor is a man has to be beefed up to being the hero and slap the evil white man back into place.

We have to get stories where the Doctor punches a racist, rants about capitalism in speeches that look like they were written by Rik from the Young Ones etc.

Moff represents Cleeg, who foolishly thought he could reason with the feminists and the controller is Whovian Feminism.

Whovian Feminism's tagline no her blog is actually "My Fandom Will Be Feminist". Pretty much the same as "YOU WILL BE LIKE US" if you ask me.

75Series 11 - Page 3 Empty Re: Series 11 25th January 2018, 2:21 pm

Defeatment

You probably won't be watching it regardless, but I feel it would be hilarious if when the show starts Jodie gets complaints she's not feminine enough!
Given The Doctor isn't exactly everything men should be, why should Jodie be any different?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum