Rick Deckard 2.0
Zarius
Adam Ant Driver
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

burrunjor

burrunjor

Colin Baker was an excruciating failure as DW, routinely ranked dead last in fan polls and widely considered the start of the careening path to cancellation a few years later.

The best that can be said for it is that the idea behind the Sixth Doctor's unlikeable character wasn't terrible; but the actual presentation was not just terrible, but toxic.
JNT gives us an extreme Doctor, in the way that Rob Liefeld comics, Poochie from the Simpsons, and Mountain Dew Code Red are extreme: A crude version of the good stuff that equates being louder with being more awesome.
The obnoxiousness of the Doctor's personality might have worked better if they hired someone who could actually act, but all the audience got was horrible OTT pantomiming flaring nostrils.

You've posted that many times before. Not that I am having a go at someone for posting the same things of course as that would be very hypocritical, but I bring it up only in that it shows how in spite of all this Colin was the worst and everybody hates him, you can only find a very few sources online that absolutely trash him. Big Grin

TBH I think its very unfair to pin all the blame on the actor. An actor is after all just one component. Like look at Missy. Terrible Master but its not a simple case of "Oh Michelle Gomez is a bad actress" She's actually a very good actress, but Missy sucks because its pandering, Gomez though good is miscast, her characterisation is terrible, and in about 90 percent of her episodes she was just crammed in there.

Colin similarly was let down by a number of outside factors such as poor scripts and being pushed to the side in some stories, but even then I wouldn't throw stones if I were a new who fan.

Its not like Colin ever had a story about a dweeb whose girlfriend ends up becoming a blow job slab, or one where the Doctor turned into a Gollum/Tinkerbell/Jesus/ hybrid who flew along on the power of luuuuuuuuuurve, or one where James Corden's baby beats up Cybermen, or one where the moon is an egg, or one where Trees save the earth, or one where the the Brig became a flying Cyber Zombie, the Master became a woman who wanted to fuck him, and the Doctor became the President of Earth.

Now I'm not saying that all New Who is as bad as that lot obviously. There have been some absolute classics over the years, but still you get my point.NOTHING in Colin's era even comes close to being as shit as that lot.

iank

iank

We've been through it all before. He's too stupid to grasp the concept that Colin's first season did as well as the last two Davison years, that Colin was being entirely accepted by fandom until the BBC stuck their oar in, and that if Davison had been in the role the 85 cancellation would still have happened. It had nothing to do with Colin, or season 22. It was the BBC needing money for Breakfast TV and cancelling a whole bunch of shows to pay for it, and then making up a whole bunch of lame justifications (which sheepie fandom largely went along with) after it blew up in their faces. Those are the facts.
Everything else is horseshit. He knows this. He's been told enough times. But, as with many dickwad fans, he'd rather live in a fantasy world where his own personal dislike of an actor or era had some kind of corresponding consequence in the real world.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Boofer

Boofer

LOL LOL LOL

He gets you at it every time!

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/tv/2010/04/doctor-who-the-return-of-the-w.shtml

OK, that's old but this quote: "The Doctor has a belief that he is cooler than he actually is. For instance in that first episode where he yells "Who da man?" and everybody cringes."

Why deliberately write the 'cringe' factor in? I never understood that but a lot of the Office was based on deliberate cringe for comedy.

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

If you don't like Capaldi it's cos you didn't think he was pretty enough, according to Colin.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/doctor-who-peter-capaldi-fans_uk_5971cb8be4b09e5f6cce95c2

Genkimonk

Genkimonk

The lowest point for me was the Robbin Hood one, where the Doctor and Robin are chained up arguing about shitting their pants. It was then I switched off and only came back after hearing you cunts say how good the last few eps were.

The Talking Cabbage

The Talking Cabbage

Part of Colin Baker's problem was that the fandom hadn't sunk so much of its reputation and emotions into supporting him. If it had, he could have been fisted by the Candyman in the midst of Dragonfire, and the fans would still have proclaimed it THE BEST AND MOST ICONIC EPISODE EVER.

His tragedy, of course, is that you have buy his best stuff on CD, while the worst shit imaginable gets broadcast on primetime TV.

Boofer

Boofer

Still a better Doctor than McCoy.

The Talking Cabbage

The Talking Cabbage

WRONG!

Boofer

Boofer

lol! Triggered </altright>

The Talking Cabbage

The Talking Cabbage

Boofer wrote:lol! Triggered </altright>

The only thing you trigger is a deep sense of pity.

Boofer

Boofer

Ooh, pithy. LOL LOL

The Talking Cabbage

The Talking Cabbage

DEAL WITH IT.

Boofer

Boofer

'Give us a kiss.'

The Talking Cabbage

The Talking Cabbage

I don't know where you've been.