You are not connected. Please login or register

Feminist Clunge Thread

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Feminist Clunge Thread Empty Feminist Clunge Thread 24th June 2017, 1:51 am

Chris

Chris

Apologies for the dreadful typo in this thread's title.

2Feminist Clunge Thread Empty Re: Feminist Clunge Thread 11th November 2017, 1:06 am

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

“Feminism as a movement for political and social equity is important, but feminism as an academic clique committed to eccentric doctrines about human nature is not. Eliminating discrimination against women is important, but believing that women and men are born with indistinguishable minds is not. Freedom of choice is important, but ensuring that women make up exactly 50 percent of all professions is not. And eliminating sexual assaults is important, but advancing the theory that rapists are doing their part in a vast male conspiracy is not.”
― Steven Pinker, The Blank Slate: The Modern Denial of Human Nature

3Feminist Clunge Thread Empty Re: Feminist Clunge Thread 11th November 2017, 10:19 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Mr. Happy wrote:“Feminism as a movement for political and social equity is important, but feminism as an academic clique committed to eccentric doctrines about human nature is not. Eliminating discrimination against women is important, but believing that women and men are born with indistinguishable minds is not. Freedom of choice is important, but ensuring that women make up exactly 50 percent of all professions is not. And eliminating sexual assaults is important, but advancing the theory that rapists are doing their part in a vast male conspiracy is not.”
― Steven Pinker, The Blank Slate: The Modern Denial of Human Nature

Pretty much this. Feminism has taken the place of religion in modern society. Its something that you can't criticise without being labelled as something negative (heretic, sexist) and thus become a social pariah.

Its also awful the way that any woman who says she's not a feminist is bullied into being one. Just take a look at the reaction to Kaley Cuoco saying she's not a feminist or Lady Gaga, or Taylor Swift.

I know he can be a bit of an arse, and his recent Red Pill Black controversy has destroyed a lot of his cred, but this is still a good video.

The sad thing is, is that a HUGE sexist backlash against women is inevitable.

Its already started with utterly moronic movements like MGTOW. These people think that third wave feminism which does constantly demonise men represents ALL women. Its not even close, the overwhelming majority of women HATE this divisive, identity politics crap too.

Still in all fairness that's how feminists themselves and the mainstream media present it and so sadly, in addition to building up resentment towards men, they are building it up towards women too.

Of course after that sexist backlash against women, there will be another one against men in response to that one, and it keeps going on and on and on and on until we finally realise that its not such a good idea to demonise half the population of earth!

Its best just to jump to that conclusion now however, which sadly means that third wave feminism and MGTOW have to go.

4Feminist Clunge Thread Empty Re: Feminist Clunge Thread 11th November 2017, 10:37 am

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Have you seen the Red Pill documentary with Cassie Jaye? I am rather ambiguous about it.

It just made me think both sides are wrong. There is one bit where Paul Elam is rattling off ways in which men are repressed and he says "men suffer from video game addiction more", well that's because men play them more! FFS. "More men are homicide victims", yeah cos they are killed by men!

I really can't take some of these guys seriously. Look at the horse theory of politics, any extreme is contemptible.

5Feminist Clunge Thread Empty Re: Feminist Clunge Thread 11th November 2017, 11:28 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Mr. Happy wrote:Have you seen the Red Pill documentary with Cassie Jaye? I am rather ambiguous about it.

It just made me think both sides are wrong. There is one bit where Paul Elam is rattling off ways in which men are repressed and he says "men suffer from video game addiction more", well that's because men play them more! FFS. "More men are homicide victims", yeah cos they are killed by men!

I really can't take some of these guys seriously. Look at the horse theory of politics, any extreme is contemptible.

I've seen it yes, and some of it is okay, some of it is like you say ridiculous. The horse theory of politics certainly came true with Candace Owens.

It was funny watching PJW go on about how racist it was people were attacking her for being a strong black conservative woman, and completely ignoring that it was because she, set up a website that could doxx kids, lied about it about 7 times, lied about a young woman being autistic to smear her critics, smeared her other critics as smoking crack, or being paid shills, made a fool of herself in a debate by talking over her opponents, and deliberately called Blaire White a he in a debate with her (which she said was because she didn't think of Blaire as a woman, which she contradicted several times by calling Blaire SHE when didn't even realise it LOL.)

PJW's "its just because she is black" arguments reminded me of Linda Sarsour's "people hate me because I am a Muslim." No its because you have supported Islamo fascists, said you hope Ayaan Hirsi Ali gets beaten up, and said you want to take her vagina away (knowing full well she's a victim of female genital mutilation.)

The left and the right love to use minorities and women as human shields. Its sad Crying or Very sad

I think modern society is by and large egalitarian, but the problem is that its too egalitarian in that it doesn't take into account that men and women are different, and so in some situations one might have more of an advantage.

For instance certain jobs don't take into account the fact women will need to take time off to have children, and try and find a way to work round that. Thus sadly in the modern world a lot of women still do have to make a choice between having a career and having a family.

Similarly as we have been over the education system currently is more in favour of little girls interests than little boys, and boys are suffering as a result.

We need to have a society that acknowledges these differences when need be, but obviously doesn't try and exclude or demonise one group because of them.

6Feminist Clunge Thread Empty Re: Feminist Clunge Thread 11th November 2017, 12:42 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Have young people and women working is vital for the economy, but women suffer because of it. As you say, they have to take time out of their careers for kids, are more likely to end up single parents and sole financial supporters of the children, and live longer on average by about 5 years, I think. Plus, they currently retire about 5 years earlier than men, though, that changes in 2020 when the retirement age of both sexes goes up to 65. Really they should be working until 70! What do you think the feminists would have to say about that?

In an egalitarian society, genuine differences between the sexes would occur. Men tend to get paid more because they do dirty and dangerous work and outside jobs. But with Blue Collar jobs disappearing in this post-industrial age, women will become the main breadwinners.

I don't think the education is more in favour of girls, it's just that girls natural excel at more academic interests, whereas, boys tend to favour Stem subjects and practical work: https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/sideways-view/201410/are-men-really-more-intelligent-women

There is actually a drive to get more men into university as currently 55% of uni students are women and we are moving to a post-industrial society. Saying that, we are still short of engineers each year by tens of thousands. And more men get accepted to the top universities like Oxford and Cambridge, the national average gets reversed and 55% of students are male. Also, the men in universities and Oxbridge in particular get more 1st class degrees.

There was a study that suggested that female IQ's followed a bell curve, whereas, men's were more evenly spread. This suggests that you get more male idiots and geniuses and womens' IQs are more average. IQ is a relatively poor measure of intelligence and hard work is equally important if not more so.

I think the above explains Feminists seeing the top jobs as being male-dominated and the MRA seeing the bottom jobs such as 'Ditch Diggers' and other assorted manual labour as being forced upon men. Really, the issue is a class divide, not a gender one. And that's why I think both sides are wrong.

Moreover, and more interestingly, men and women use different parts of their brains for the same tasks. Dyslexic males use a different part of their brain for reading than Dyslexic women. And this isn't just related to Dyslexia.

7Feminist Clunge Thread Empty Re: Feminist Clunge Thread 11th November 2017, 12:44 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

burrunjor wrote:
We need to have a society that acknowledges these differences when need be, but obviously doesn't try and exclude or demonise one group because of them.

This!

And this:

8Feminist Clunge Thread Empty Re: Feminist Clunge Thread 11th November 2017, 2:00 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

This segregation will only worsen matters in the long run. Confronting the problem is what is needed.

9Feminist Clunge Thread Empty Re: Feminist Clunge Thread 19th November 2017, 1:41 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Is Newton’s *Principia* a rape manual?

From the “Did he/she really say that?” file. Here is adversarial-feminist philosopher Sandra Harding on Isaac Newton’s Principia Mathematica:

http://www.stephenhicks.org/2017/06/24/newtons-principia-as-a-rape-manual/

10Feminist Clunge Thread Empty Re: Feminist Clunge Thread 22nd February 2018, 12:29 am

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

A leftist critique of identity politics: https://medium.com/@juliaserano/leftist-critiques-of-identity-politics-897cb57af277

Haven't read it yet so don't blame me if it's shit. Very Happy

11Feminist Clunge Thread Empty Re: Feminist Clunge Thread 9th May 2018, 2:53 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum