You are not connected. Please login or register

Feminist Screenwriters Alliance?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Feminist Screenwriters Alliance? Empty Feminist Screenwriters Alliance? 19th February 2019, 7:45 pm

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

I was taking a closer look at the links posted by that #BeKind troll account, and well... when reality is so absurd, it becomes much harder to tell whether or not something is a troll.

https://doctorwhofeministfront.tumblr.com
https://twitter.com/doctorwhofem4
https://www.facebook.com/DoctorWhoFeministFront/

It's a group calling itself the Doctor Who Feminist Screenwriters Alliance with an extensive presence across multiple social media platforms. They're claiming to be BBC insiders who've been working on the show with a long-term plan to install a female Doctor for transparently hateful reasons.

I really don't know. The explicitly hateful nature of some of the comments makes me think this is probably some kind of right-wing troll account, but on the other hand, I wouldn't put any of this past the lunatics we're up against, and it all seems a ludicrous amount of effort to go to for an obscure troll.

What do you think?

Feminist Screenwriters Alliance wrote:"...story of how a group of empowered feminist visionaries over a ten year period helped to break down the male image of the Doctor and to make it in their image. A female image, and the writers and creative talent that helped them from the inside."

"Many of us, having worked with Chris in the past, know that he is a genius in all that he works towards. In our ten year plan to have a female Doctor, he’d worked along side of us and had his own five year plan for how he would write it."

"Where to begin. First today we want to thank Chris for giving us this opportunity FINALLY. Secondly it's been a long year and we had to make sure that women stood by Jodie and those BBC execs listened to us. We want to thank @ChristelDee for showing us the way forward."

"Nonetheless, it is Jodie Whittaker that destroyed the male image of the Doctor and began this first week of her reign where it ends, in a puddle of male tears raising her sonic screwdriver of feminism above her head proudly as if it were that very part of the male anatomy symbolically taken from them as only the Feminist Doctor can. For women it was our week. For little boys and men who used this symbol of masculinity for 54 odd years, proof that they are castrated of it forever."

"When Jodie Whittaker took the sonic screwdriver ending 50 years of a phallic patriarchal symbol naming it the symbol of the feminized castrated Doctor, I felt honoured as a feminist, as a woman..."

"Not a coincidence Father's Day for some of you is our Jodie Day over here. Enjoy your day of patriarchy."

"It was the episode that said it all, with four words. After seeing the sexist jokes and misogynist views of the First Doctor, Twelve says, "Doctor I let you go." All of the misogyny and masculinity. Let it go."

"Their male Doctor father figure is dead because we wrote him out FINALLY..."

2Feminist Screenwriters Alliance? Empty Re: Feminist Screenwriters Alliance? 19th February 2019, 8:31 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

ClockworkOcean wrote:I was taking a closer look at the links posted by that #BeKind troll account, and well... when reality is so absurd, it becomes much harder to tell whether or not something is a troll.

https://doctorwhofeministfront.tumblr.com
https://twitter.com/doctorwhofem4
https://www.facebook.com/DoctorWhoFeministFront/

It's a group calling itself the Doctor Who Feminist Screenwriters Alliance with an extensive presence across multiple social media platforms. They're claiming to be BBC insiders who've been working on the show with a long-term plan to install a female Doctor for transparently hateful reasons.

I really don't know. The explicitly hateful nature of some of the comments makes me think this is probably some kind of right-wing troll account, but on the other hand, I wouldn't put any of this past the lunatics we're up against, and it all seems a ludicrous amount of effort to go to for an obscure troll.

What do you think?

Feminist Screenwriters Alliance wrote:"...story of how a group of empowered feminist visionaries over a ten year period helped to break down the male image of the Doctor and to make it in their image. A female image, and the writers and creative talent that helped them from the inside."

"Many of us, having worked with Chris in the past, know that he is a genius in all that he works towards. In our ten year plan to have a female Doctor, he’d worked along side of us and had his own five year plan for how he would write it."

"Where to begin. First today we want to thank Chris for giving us this opportunity FINALLY. Secondly it's been a long year and we had to make sure that women stood by Jodie and those BBC execs listened to us. We want to thank @ChristelDee for showing us the way forward."

"Nonetheless, it is Jodie Whittaker that destroyed the male image of the Doctor and began this first week of her reign where it ends, in a puddle of male tears raising her sonic screwdriver of feminism above her head proudly as if it were that very part of the male anatomy symbolically taken from them as only the Feminist Doctor can. For women it was our week. For little boys and men who used this symbol of masculinity for 54 odd years, proof that they are castrated of it forever."

"When Jodie Whittaker took the sonic screwdriver ending 50 years of a phallic patriarchal symbol naming it the symbol of the feminized castrated Doctor, I felt honoured as a feminist, as a woman..."

"Not a coincidence Father's Day for some of you is our Jodie Day over here. Enjoy your day of patriarchy."

"It was the episode that said it all, with four words. After seeing the sexist jokes and misogynist views of the First Doctor, Twelve says, "Doctor I let you go." All of the misogyny and masculinity. Let it go."

"Their male Doctor father figure is dead because we wrote him out FINALLY..."

Where did BeKind post this? BeKind is definitely a parody account. (And he is fucking hilarious at that. The profile pic alone is enough to make me LOL.) Still whilst this does seem like a parody given how insane it is, as you say it does seem like a lot of effort for a parody.

3Feminist Screenwriters Alliance? Empty Re: Feminist Screenwriters Alliance? 19th February 2019, 9:05 pm

iank

iank

It's so hard to tell the difference these days.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

4Feminist Screenwriters Alliance? Empty Re: Feminist Screenwriters Alliance? 10th July 2019, 4:41 pm

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

5Feminist Screenwriters Alliance? Empty Re: Feminist Screenwriters Alliance? 10th July 2019, 4:54 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

It's a lot to trawl through, and sadly from the sheer volume very hard to tell if they're serious or a parody.

However I unfortunately can believe there were some feminists in high positions in the BBC who were pushing Moffat and Chibnall to include a female Master and Doctor, given the way Missy seemed to suddenly be contrived arbitrarily and come out of nowhere.

6Feminist Screenwriters Alliance? Empty Re: Feminist Screenwriters Alliance? 10th July 2019, 5:09 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

"It is funny to see crybaby men finally falling into line"

Falling into line: If a person in an organization falls in/into line, he, she, or it starts to follow the rules and behave according to expected standards of behaviour.

I will NEVER support your ideology.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum