Tanmann
Rawkuss
ClockworkOcean
Ken Grubshaw
Boofer
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

26The Labour leadership race  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Labour leadership race 8th January 2020, 6:10 am

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

Mott1 wrote:He does indeed look like a man who's permanently stuck in a Hammer horror film. One can almost hear the eerie music playing in the background when he appears...

Saw an interview with Long-Bailey on the itv news. She got onto Jezza's unpleasant treatment by the Murdoch press - whilst she was undoubtedly correct she just managed to take the target off his back and put it on her own.

Yeah, I saw that too. She was absolutely right about Corbyn but I very much doubt she'll win. She'll garner a chunk of the Corbyn faithful vote, but she just lacks any humour or personality & seems too scripted for me.

Being already branded as "the Corbyn continuity candidate" or "Corbyn in a skirt" which is grossly unfair goes against her immediately.

Starmers pretty much got this sewn up unless another heavyweight like Barry Gardiner throws his hat in the ring.

The thing which alarms me about Starmer is he has a face which says, "the nukes have just been launched and are heading our way"

http://www.thefuckingobvious.com

27The Labour leadership race  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Labour leadership race 8th January 2020, 8:14 am

Mott1

Mott1

Starmer's face must have been a hindrance in his career as a defence lawyer. If he stood up to defend me with that countenance I'd be thinking 'If he doesn't rate my chances then I've really had it!'

28The Labour leadership race  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Labour leadership race 8th January 2020, 9:49 pm

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

Apparently Barry Gardiner is about to throw his name into the ring.

I only hope he gets the nominations, otherwise it's going to be a very dull hustings with the current crop of uninspiring mugs and one bloke with a haunted look.

29The Labour leadership race  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Labour leadership race 8th January 2020, 10:39 pm

Mott1

Mott1

Barry Gardiner's interviews are always interesting.
I think the interviewers struggle to pin him down. He has a bit of a theatrical flourish about him too which contrasts with Starmer, whose tormented expression would confuse people during manifesto launches and party political broadcasts.

At the moment though Labour's leadership has been pushed off the news by various royals having the hump. I'm also concerned at the Lib Dem candidates for leader - Layla Moran coming out as pansexual might not help her gain much traction in Brexiteer country!

30The Labour leadership race  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Labour leadership race 8th January 2020, 11:07 pm

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

Mott1 wrote:Barry Gardiner's interviews are always interesting.
I think the interviewers struggle to pin him down. He has a bit of a theatrical flourish about him too which contrasts with Starmer, whose tormented expression would confuse people during manifesto launches and party political broadcasts.

You're right, he IS theatrical.

He's actually probably the only person in Labour since Blair which the media haven't been able to pin down. In Blairs case it was because he was so slippery, but in Barry's case it's very much a forensic sarcasm with mock horror thrown in. He's really damn good when put under scrutiny also.

He's a very good media performer.

A lot of the puritan left don't like him because he voted for the Iraq War and is in Labour Friends Of Israel and chummed up to Modi, but I don't consider those things that important myself - if it deflects from the "anti-semite" "hinduphobic" rubbish which was thrown at Corbyn then it's probably the right sort of deflector shield to have.

I do think he's literally the only heavyweight who has a chance against Starmer of actually beating him.

31The Labour leadership race  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Labour leadership race 9th January 2020, 1:23 pm

Mott1

Mott1

What's good about Gardener is he's his own person. Not worried about which parts of the country and party he 'represents' - Blair partly succeeded because he performed well with the media and PMQs, ruthlessly skewered a floundering Tory party and sounded optimistic and fresh. I think BG would be more aggressive than Keir 'I've just seen a ghost' Starmer at the dispatch box, and trip Boris up over his shaky grasp of details.

I think this whole thing where the media immediately state that a Labour leadership candidate won't do well with certain demographics may underestimate someone like the intelligent and confident Gardiner, tho like Blair I think he needs the right people in his Shadow Cabinet (ie not Diane Abbot!). And besides characters like Priti Patel managed to rebuild their careers despite the Israel controversy...

32The Labour leadership race  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Labour leadership race 9th January 2020, 7:25 pm

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

Mott1 wrote:What's good about Gardener is he's his own person. Not worried about which parts of the country and party he 'represents' - Blair partly succeeded because he performed well with the media and PMQs, ruthlessly skewered a floundering Tory party and sounded optimistic and fresh. I think BG would be more aggressive than Keir 'I've just seen a ghost' Starmer at the dispatch box, and trip Boris up over his shaky grasp of details.

Absolutely, I agree completely.

It'll be a real shame if he doesn't throw his hat in the ring or gain the nominations needed.

Mott1 wrote:I think this whole thing where the media immediately state that a Labour leadership candidate won't do well with certain demographics may underestimate someone like the intelligent and confident Gardiner, tho like Blair I think he needs the right people in his Shadow Cabinet (ie not Diane Abbot!). And besides characters like Priti Patel managed to rebuild their careers despite the Israel controversy...

Lol, I doubt Diane Abbott will be in the new shadow cabinet!

But yeah, I think people might underestimate Gardiner, my favourite was immediately after savagely hectoring Corbyn during the GE19 Andrew Neil thought he'd go for a repeat performance with Barry Gardiner, but Barry had done his homework and after tripping Neil up made him eat his own words! It was a fantastic interview where Barry turned the tables to the point Andrew Neil had to pick his jaw up from the floor afterwards and as the interview concluded and Neil thanked his guest, Barry thanked him back with a look which said,"Yeah, I'm not a pushover like nice kindly Corbyn, I fucking saw you coming mate!"

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

33The Labour leadership race  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Labour leadership race 9th January 2020, 7:53 pm

Mott1

Mott1

Here's an interesting clip of the man in action : -

A good distilling of the issues which have arguably plagued Western society and entertainment in the past few years. An intelligent and cultured angle.

Here is the latest, in terms of MPs nominating candidates : -

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-51041680

Clive Lewis only has 1 nomination!? Emily Thornberry just 3!?

34The Labour leadership race  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Labour leadership race 9th January 2020, 8:27 pm

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

Darn it.

Barry just ruled himself out.

Keir Starmer and his 4 minute warning face it will be then.

Darn shame, PMQ's are going to be duller than dishwater now.

35The Labour leadership race  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Labour leadership race 9th January 2020, 8:39 pm

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

Mott1 wrote:

A good distilling of the issues which have arguably plagued Western society and entertainment in the past few years. An intelligent and cultured angle.

Funny to see Mark Francois scratching his head struggling to digest what Barry was aspiring towards there.

36The Labour leadership race  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Labour leadership race 9th January 2020, 8:41 pm

Mott1

Mott1

Rob Filth wrote:Darn it.

Barry just ruled himself out.

Keir Starmer and his 4 minute warning face it will be then.

Darn shame, PMQ's are going to be duller than dishwater now.

Yep, you're right. It's a shame it'll be dull now, particularly with Bercow gone too. Looked like Barry could've replied back to Boris in Latin! In a funny way Mark Francois, with his Ray Winstone tribute act, will be one of the more entertaining things in it.

Starmer's haunted visage reminds me of Peter Cushing. Or of a man who's just remembered he's left the iron on! Either way, with his fearful face you'd not want to see him give an emergency broadcast to the nation.

37The Labour leadership race  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Labour leadership race 10th January 2020, 8:15 am

Mott1

Mott1

Breaking news: Jess Phillips has secured enough nominations to stand for leader...

38The Labour leadership race  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Labour leadership race 10th January 2020, 8:16 am

iank

iank

lols Great news. They'll be out of power for at least another decade now! LOL

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

39The Labour leadership race  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Labour leadership race 10th January 2020, 8:01 pm

#BeKind

#BeKind

Keer Starmor= TOO WHITE. TOO MALE. I REST MY CASE. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad

Clyve Louis > PROVEN MISOGYNIST!!!!!  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/oct/20/labour-mp-clive-lewis-apologises-for-get-on-your-knees-comment

Rebbecka LoNg Beylie......PUPPET OF TRAITER BREXIT SUPPOERTER JEREMY CORBIN!!!!  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad

Liza Nandie:- AGENST A 2ND REFERENDEM!!!!! I DONT CARE ABOUT HER ASIEN HERITEDGE, SHES A FUCKIGN UNCLE TOM WHORE FOR BREXIT!!!!! WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOI EVEN WANT TO APEAL TO THOSE RACIST, BIGOTED, TRANSPHOBIC, ZENOPHOBIC GAMONS WITH NO DISPOZABLE INCOME FROM THE NORTH, LET TEHM VOET TOREY OUR PARTY ISNT FOR THEM ANYMORE!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Emaley Forn Berrey- - NoT two bad, atleast she hates the fuckign gammmons as much as i do,,,

Jess Philepps = THE PNLY HOPE FOR LABER!!!! PROGRESSIVE, FEMINIST ANTI BREXSHIT, ACCENT THE THICK AS SHIT GAMMONS WOULD BE GULIBEL ENUOGH TOO VOTE FOR : PERFECT!!!! only closet misogynists scarred ef women leaders say she couldent win Rolling Eyes

#JessPhillips #SpeakTruthWinPower #JessForLEader

https://doctorwhofeministfront.tumblr.com

40The Labour leadership race  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Labour leadership race 10th January 2020, 10:56 pm

Boofer

Boofer

iank wrote:lols Great news. They'll be out of power for at least another decade now! LOL

You don't even fucking live here! LOL

Take a trip back and take a look around. Britain is a crumbling, moral desert full of open racists and troll wankers who think poverty is not only necessary, but funny too.

I'm beginning to plan my way out of this shithole.

41The Labour leadership race  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Labour leadership race 11th January 2020, 6:25 am

Ludders

Ludders

There are no perfect choices on offer, but I think Starmer is the best option, all things considered. He's the only one that really looks like he could be a potential prime minister, and since UNISON have now backed him, he's the strongest contender anyway.
RLB has done some great work on the Green New Deal, but I think she's still to young and inexperienced to be taken seriously as a potential PM.
Phillips would be a terrible choice. She's just the Labour version of Jo Swinson. She'd be pushing to get the UK back into the EU. I think Starmer, although he was a big remainer has made the right call in accepting Brexit, and considers the matter closed.

42The Labour leadership race  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Labour leadership race 11th January 2020, 7:16 am

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

Ludders wrote:There are no perfect choices on offer, but I think Starmer is the best option, all things considered. He's the only one that really looks like he could be a potential prime minister, and since UNISON have now backed him, he's the strongest contender anyway.
Now that other serious contenders like Lavery & Gardiner have pulled out, Starmer will get it, no question

Ludders wrote:RLB has done some great work on the Green New Deal, but I think she's still to young and inexperienced  to be taken seriously as a potential PM.
You know she's in her forties?

I thought she was about 22! Lol!

She'd be fine if only she didn't come across so scripted and had a bit of warmth or personality.

Ludders wrote:Phillips would be a terrible choice. She's just the Labour version of Jo Swinson. She'd be pushing to get the UK back into the EU.
Absolutely.

Ludders wrote: I think Starmer, although he was a big remainer has made the right call in accepting Brexit, and considers the matter closed.

The problem is Starmer has shifted position many times, I remember him saying that the original referendum should be respected too!

You watch him go scuttling back to his previous position as soon as the Tories run into trouble at the end of the transition period and no-deal looms.

Starmer also belatedly joined the chicken coup too his reason being because everyone else had joined it. More the actions of a sheep than a leader.

I honestly can't see Starmers 4 minute warning "I've just pooped my pants" face standing up to Johnsons buffoonery and bluster effectively.

He's in essence another Miliband albeit slightly more articulate.

The media will have a field day trawling through all his court cases for muck to sling, by the time they've finished with him, he'll be the bent brief who got every terrorist and paedophile off the hook as well as a traitor and enemy of the peoples democracy.

Until people wise up to our bent as fuck media and recognise their agendas, I can't in all honesty see a proper Labour Leader ever becoming PM, not when they can fool the majority to think a lifelong anti-racist and peace campaigner is some terrorist action supporting anti-semite.

Last edited by Rob Filth on 11th January 2020, 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

43The Labour leadership race  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Labour leadership race 11th January 2020, 8:02 am

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Ludders wrote:There are no perfect choices on offer, but I think Starmer is the best option, all things considered. He's the only one that really looks like he could be a potential prime minister, and since UNISON have now backed him, he's the strongest contender anyway.
RLB has done some great work on the Green New Deal, but I think she's still to young and inexperienced  to be taken seriously as a potential PM.
Phillips would be a terrible choice. She's just the Labour version of Jo Swinson. She'd be pushing to get the UK back into the EU. I think Starmer, although he was a big remainer has made the right call in accepting Brexit, and considers the matter closed.
Basically agree with all of this. So long as Starmer adheres to the Brexit vote and doesn’t alienate the same people Labour alienated previously, he’s probably the best candidate for leader at this point. Philips would easily be my least preferred choice- not only is she remarkably adamant about remaining in the EU based on recent interviews, but also seemed to relish in the party’s recent defeat, indicative that she places her tribal wars with the less centrist members of the party above Labour actually succeeding in an election (yet the Guardian seem to be alluding to her as their preferred option, predictably. *sigh*).

As Rob pointed out previously, though, it won’t be easy for Starmer to resonate with leave voters in the North due to his prior remain credentials (and potentially being seen as metropolitan elite)- although I suppose anything’s better than nothing at this stage. I also bloody hope that Starmer doesn’t go back on his recent propositions (as also acknowledged by Rob)- the last thing Labour needs is a schizophrenic leader with no clear direction or incentive.

44The Labour leadership race  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Labour leadership race 11th January 2020, 8:11 am

Ludders

Ludders

All good points, both of you.
As I say, I don't think Starmer's any kind of perfect choice, but just the best on offer.
I agree Gardiner would've been great, but I wouldn't have been sure of Lavery's chances. Although he's probably the only one with any sway in the North.

Had no idea RLB was in her 40s. She comes across rather wet behind the ears. I don't just mean the way she looks, but her whole demeanor.

45The Labour leadership race  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Labour leadership race 11th January 2020, 10:27 am

Mott1

Mott1

I remember Ian Lavery clashing with Boris once during a live interview, and told him off for being rude while BoJo blustered and blithered. He'd have given him a tough time in the Commons.

46The Labour leadership race  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Labour leadership race 11th January 2020, 10:55 am

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Mott1 wrote:I remember Ian Lavery clashing with Boris once during a live interview, and told him off for being rude while BoJo blustered and blithered. He'd have given him a tough time in the Commons.
This is the one.

47The Labour leadership race  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Labour leadership race 11th January 2020, 11:00 am

Ludders

Ludders

That's great. Thanks for that. Smile

48The Labour leadership race  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Labour leadership race 13th January 2020, 10:29 pm

Mott1

Mott1

Starmer on 88 MPs, the others either just scraping thru at the last minute or gaining far less than him. Long-Bailey the next highest number on 33 MPs, whilst Lewis is out of the running.

The party is getting criticised it will be a 'bad look' if a woman doesn't lead the party for the 1st time, tho' having a female leader didn't exactly end well for the Lib Dems as she didn't last 6 months!

49The Labour leadership race  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Labour leadership race 14th January 2020, 5:30 pm

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

Mott1 wrote:Starmer on 88 MPs, the others either just scraping thru at the last minute or gaining far less than him. Long-Bailey the next highest number on 33 MPs, whilst Lewis is out of the running.

The party is getting criticised it will be a 'bad look' if a woman doesn't lead the party for the 1st time, tho' having a female leader didn't exactly end well for the Lib Dems as she didn't last 6 months!

Long-Bailey might be like a scripted piece of wood, and as uninspiring as she is, even she isn't as bad as Jo Swinson!

My god, she had to be the crappiest LibDem leader in my lifetime. Even Tim Farron or boring Ming came over like major statesmen compared to her.

She used to set my teeth on edge each time she slowly enunciated every-fucking-word like we're all fucking thickos or something. The time she immediately and eagerly snapped back "yes!" without any hesitation with a huge teethy Barney the Dinosaur type smile when asked if she'd press the nuclear button was truly disturbing.

Her losing her seat to Sturgeon was one of the few glim lights in the darkened pile of shit results of the last Election.

50The Labour leadership race  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Labour leadership race 14th January 2020, 5:50 pm

Mott1

Mott1

I've not even seen her since the count! I'm attending a Lib Dem conference at the weekend when we try to sort a way forward for the party, at the moment I'm at a bit of a loss. There are few safe seats left, the leader needs to be in one of those to avoid us 'doing a Swinson' again. Shetland & Orkney is one of them, but commuting from there to Westminster & back can't be much fun...

Did you see Jess Phillips doing the rounds yesterday? Got a lot of exposure on the Midlands news in particular. People seem to think she may be the dark horse, she may pick up nominations from Thornberry's MPs, should Emily withdraw. Not sure where Nandy's MPs would flock to should she fall short, however.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum