You are not connected. Please login or register

Is Animation the future of Doctor Who?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Is Animation the future of Doctor Who? Empty Is Animation the future of Doctor Who? 20th October 2019, 12:03 am

iank

iank

Is animation going to be the future? There's rampant speculation that New Who may indeed be on its last legs, and that it may be some time before a live action series comes back again after it finally gets the needle.
But could animation be a way forward? The missing story animations have been hugely popular, clearly so much so that they're increasing the speed and frequency of them (though to what extent is not yet clear).
However if the animations keep selling like hot cakes, well the reality is there's only so many missing stories. If they managed to up it to just 4 releases a year, they'd be done in barely 4 years. That could be it... but if they're still hot sellers, why would you stop a line that's working?
The obvious next step would be to think about animating some Big Finish. Let's face it, the fuckers have been at it for 20 years now, at least their 50 are now out of print on CD and sell for next to nothing as downloads. With heavy hitters like Spare Parts and others, as well as the potential to actually give McGann some stories to watch, that may well be seen as a way forward.

Thoughts? Big Grin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

2Is Animation the future of Doctor Who? Empty Re: Is Animation the future of Doctor Who? 20th October 2019, 7:10 am

Ludders

Ludders

iank wrote:The obvious next step would be to think about animating some Big Finish. Let's face it, the fuckers have been at it for 20 years now, at least their 50 are now out of print on CD and sell for next to nothing as downloads. With heavy hitters like Spare Parts and others, as well as the potential to actually give McGann some stories to watch, that may well be seen as a way forward.

That would be something to hope for. I think with the superior sound quality of modern audio recordings, they'd be even better in some ways than the missing stories.
I'd love to see stories like 'Spare Parts'. Cool

3Is Animation the future of Doctor Who? Empty Re: Is Animation the future of Doctor Who? 20th October 2019, 5:42 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I'd still love to see the Dalek Empire audios animated (the first two seasons at least).

4Is Animation the future of Doctor Who? Empty Re: Is Animation the future of Doctor Who? 20th October 2019, 5:52 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

I’m not too familiar with much of Big Finish’s output (though I have experienced many of the more acclaimed ones, including Jubilee, Chimes of Midnight, Spare Parts etc), so I wouldn’t mind those audios being animated myself. Although I’d personally prefer that the missing episodes get the animation treatment first, as I hold the missing 60s stories in closer affection.

5Is Animation the future of Doctor Who? Empty Re: Is Animation the future of Doctor Who? 20th October 2019, 9:39 pm

iank

iank

That's fair enough. I don't disagree. It really depends on how much they've upped the schedule by - clearly we're at least getting 2 in 2020. As yet we're not sure how or why that's happened, and what the potential ramifications could be.
I like to think big! Big Grin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum