You are not connected. Please login or register

Favourite Target novelisations?

+2
SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe
Tanmann
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Favourite Target novelisations? Empty Favourite Target novelisations? 27th August 2019, 8:48 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Remembrance of the Daleks by Ben Aaronovitch.
The Myth Makers by Donald Cotton (The events are told from the perspective of the poet Homer.)
The Massacre by John Lucarotti.
The Curse of Fenric by Ian Briggs.
The Underwater Menace by Nigel Robinson.

I love reading the Target books. Sometimes I'm just not in the mood to watch a story so I prefer just to kick back with one of the novelisations instead.

2Favourite Target novelisations? Empty Re: Favourite Target novelisations? 27th August 2019, 8:57 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Remembrance of the Daleks
Day of the Daleks
The Abominable Snowmen

3Favourite Target novelisations? Empty Re: Favourite Target novelisations? 27th August 2019, 9:50 pm

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

I seriously need to get some Target Novels. Once I'm done getting the EDA'S, then I'll sure get the Target as a hobby. Now, I know you posted your favourites, but which Target Novels are a perfect gateway for a newcomer like me to read?

4Favourite Target novelisations? Empty Re: Favourite Target novelisations? 27th August 2019, 10:09 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Remembrance would be a good one to start off with. I'd also suggest reading your favourite stories if you can find them cheap online (most of the old paperbacks are no more than £3) and see what you think of them. The better ones are usually the ones written by the actual scriptwriter.

5Favourite Target novelisations? Empty Re: Favourite Target novelisations? 28th August 2019, 12:04 am

stengos

stengos

Remembrance of the Daleks (Aarnovitch). Very well written and hard to put down.

also ...

The Daleks (Whitaker)

And then in no particular order:

The Crusades (Whitaker)
The Daemons (Letts)
The Abominable Snowmen (Dicks)
The Doomsday Weapon (aka Colony in Space - Hulke)

6Favourite Target novelisations? Empty Re: Favourite Target novelisations? 28th August 2019, 7:28 am

Kaijuko

Kaijuko

Target Novelizations - where to begin?

Doctor Who And The Cybermen - Gerry Davis ( The first one I ever read).

Doctor Who And The Cave Monsters - Malcolm Hulke - my favourite book as a nipper.

Doctor Who And The Day Of The Daleks - Terrance Dicks.

Doctor Who and The Auton Invasion - Terrance Dicks.

As a kid, I used to honestly believe that the Target books were far more important (and enjoyable) than the actual TV show.

Favourite Target novelisations? Aaa_ne10

Last edited by Kaijuko on 28th August 2019, 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

7Favourite Target novelisations? Empty Re: Favourite Target novelisations? 28th August 2019, 10:08 am

stengos

stengos

Kaijuko wrote:Target Novelizations - where to begin?

Doctor Who And The Cybermen - Gerry Davies ( The first one I ever read).

Doctor Who And The Cave Monsters - Malcolm Hulke - my favourite book as a nipper.

As a kid, I used to honestly believe that the Target books were far more important (and enjoyable) than the actual TV show.

I liked the Davis books. My favourite would be "Tomb" although Cybermen (Moonbase) would be a close second.

May i ask how you got the artwork download? It looks like sthg from the early novels. I have googled the stuff but cannot find it.

8Favourite Target novelisations? Empty Re: Favourite Target novelisations? 28th August 2019, 10:37 am

Ludders

Ludders

Kaijuko wrote:

Doctor Who And The Cybermen - Gerry Davies

Doctor Who And The Cave Monsters Malcom Hulke

We are of one mind on this.

I'd add: The Daleks by David Whitaker, as well.

9Favourite Target novelisations? Empty Re: Favourite Target novelisations? 28th August 2019, 1:36 pm

Kaijuko

Kaijuko

stengos wrote:
Kaijuko wrote:Target Novelizations - where to begin?

Doctor Who And The Cybermen - Gerry Davies ( The first one I ever read).

I liked the Davis books. My favourite would be "Tomb" although Cybermen (Moonbase) would be a close second.

May i ask how you got the artwork download? It looks like sthg from the early novels. I have googled the stuff but cannot find it.

Yes, the Davis books are something special (apologies -  I just noticed I misspelt his surname. Soz, Gerry! ).

I loved the interior artwork of the early Targets (there's a nice article about the pictures used in the recent Doctor Who Magazine Special Edition - Target Books).

I found the Alan Willow Target art from just a random Google search - try these links:

https://loveandliberty.blogspot.com/2016/12/five-reasons-to-read-doctor-who-and.html

http://shillpages.com/dw/book-1.htm

https://whoflix.wordpress.com/2013/04/17/the-curse-of-peladon-3/

https://tardis.fandom.com/wiki/Alan_Willow

Unfortunately, you'll have to wade through a lot of stuff to get to the images taken from the novelizations. Sorry, I couldn't find a website wholly dedicated to the Target book interior illustrations.

Good luck! Smile

Favourite Target novelisations? Aaa_cy10

10Favourite Target novelisations? Empty Re: Favourite Target novelisations? 28th August 2019, 2:34 pm

Kaijuko

Kaijuko

Ronnie wrote:
Kaijuko wrote:

Doctor Who And The Cybermen - Gerry Davies

Doctor Who And The Cave Monsters Malcom Hulke

We are of one mind on this.

I'd add: The Daleks by David Whitaker, as well.

Yes, a great addition.   Interesting to read the alternate intro story in Whitaker's novelization - a car accident and Barnes Common, rather than Coal Hill School and the junkyard.  Plus, a glass Dalek!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum