You are not connected. Please login or register

Favourite DVD animation for missing episodes?

+2
Tanmann
SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Bernard Marx wrote:I don’t actually mind the Ice Warriors animation as much as some, though the Ice Warriors themselves look somewhat strange.

Neither do I. I've always liked it.

iank

iank

Just to be piss Maxil off some more, I thought The Ice Warriors animation was fucking awful.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL Laughing Big Grin Wink

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

OK- I’ll throw in my interpretation.
I thought the Macra Terror animation was, objectively speaking, a significant improvement over the previous ones in every conceivable way (sorry, Maxil!). However, like Maxil, I think their removing of particular character moments is a little strange, and based on the New Who reference in the Faceless Ones trailer, I’m worried as to what they’ll do next, and it does dampen my overall view of the animations at hand. Although once we get to a superlative story such as Evil or Fury (not that Faceless Ones wasn’t very good anyway), I’ll probably push these issues to one side and just enjoy the stories...assuming they aren’t too badly tampered with.

Oh, and I’m also OK with reconstructions, so long as the audio is still relatively intact (it’s a bit crap for stories pre Daleks Master Plan, though I do think Marco Polo is superb regardless). And the Power Of The Daleks animation was a bit rubbish and lacking in movement, though I much prefer it to Macra as a story.

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Commander Maxil wrote:
iank wrote:I think it's you with something in your flakes, Maxil. Yeah, I'd much rather watch a bunch of fuzzy static photos than a lovely colour widescreen HD animation.... if I was stoned, maybe... Big Grin

The rough and tumble scene? Don't care. It's a shame but... don't care that much. The animation made me fall in love with a story I've never given a second thought to because it's missing and I cannot sit through shitty recons without falling asleep after five minutes. I'm just getting less and less precious about this shit. I just want something halfway decent, watchable and ENTERTAINING, that doesn't look like shit. LOL

You don't care that they CUT a scene out? So if they cut out the sandstorm scene from Marco Polo on the grounds that it was "difficult to animate" you would be completely fine with it?
I think a more egregious example would be them cutting out the scene in The Daleks’ Master Plan where Sarah Kingdom ages to death due to the same reason.

iank

iank

I very much doubt that would happen though.

I'm actually thinking of buying the Power Blu ray (it's fairly cheap down here) for the colour version, just to see if that makes it more watchable for me. I was full on purist the same as Maxil at the time and just bought the DVD with the black and white version, and I'm just not a fan of it. Given how much more visually appealing both Shada and Macra are, at least in part due to the colour (though the animation has also gotten better in general) I'm kinda curious to see if I'd like it more. It kind of ticks me off that at the moment I find I can't really watch such an important story.

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

iank wrote:I very much doubt that would happen though.

I'm actually thinking of buying the Power Blu ray (it's fairly cheap down here) for the colour version, just to see if that makes it more watchable for me. I was full on purist the same as Maxil at the time and just bought the DVD with the black and white version, and I'm just not a fan of it. Given how much more visually appealing both Shada and Macra are, at least in part due to the colour (though the animation has also gotten better in general) I'm kinda curious to see if I'd like it more. It kind of ticks me off that at the moment I find I can't really watch such an important story.
It probably wouldn’t, hopefully.

I’m not sure if it’ll improve it substantially- I got the Blu Ray myself, and the colour version doesn’t improve the experience too much. Though I still watch the story occasionally as the script, soundtrack, characterisation etc are all first class. And I’ve watched Macra in Black and White, and it still works very well. It’s really just due to the quality of the animation. I’m a purist myself, and haven’t watched Macra in colour yet.

stengos

stengos

Moonbase or The Invasion.

I have liked them all to be honest. Just listening to the soundtracks with no visuals can be quite boring. I couldn't hack the Marco Polo soundtrack release at all - i found it very difficult / boring to listen to. Then I watched the colour photo restoration with soundtrack and i was hooked.

iank

iank

I've bought the Power Blu ray (it was only $13). I do think it looks better in colour, though the proof of the pudding is obviously when giving it a proper watch.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum