Pepsi Maxil
iank
Bernard Marx
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Best Colin Baker story Empty Best Colin Baker story 22nd August 2019, 9:42 am

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Which is Colin’s best story? For me, it’s Revelation with little in the way of contest, though it must be said that I like most of season 22.

2Best Colin Baker story Empty Re: Best Colin Baker story 22nd August 2019, 9:44 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

The Two Doctors.

I have some very special memories of watching this story back in 2008. It was my first classic.

3Best Colin Baker story Empty Re: Best Colin Baker story 22nd August 2019, 10:17 am

iank

iank

I can't not go for Attack. My first Colin, and still my fave.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

4Best Colin Baker story Empty Re: Best Colin Baker story 22nd August 2019, 10:34 am

stengos

stengos

Revelation of the Daleks. Molloy's best performance as Davros and virtually excellent performances all round but shoot Tasembecker and the DJ.

5Best Colin Baker story Empty Re: Best Colin Baker story 22nd August 2019, 10:39 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I loved the DJ. "This guy looks like the walking dead. Hey, which one of you guys is out of your casket?" LOL

6Best Colin Baker story Empty Re: Best Colin Baker story 22nd August 2019, 10:41 am

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

I liked him too. I liked how his presence and interruptions reinforced the tonally bizzare and inherently trippy nature of the story.

7Best Colin Baker story Empty Re: Best Colin Baker story 22nd August 2019, 11:07 am

stengos

stengos

Fair enough. I am not a fan of the guy anyway so thats probably a part of it. I just find him painfully unfunny. His main achievement is bearing a passing resemblance to fascist dictator and former communist Benito Mussolini, a joke he used to insist on repeating at every opportunity. For me the DJ was like when you are watching a film with your family and your Dad / Uncle / Aunt / Grandmother insist on sitting in their corner giving a tedious commentary on the film only its worse because in my analogy scenario you can always turn the tv up to drown out your Dad / Aunt etc... . Do that with Revelation and Alexei Sayle just gets even louder. God forbid.

But to be honest i am just glad that people like it, whatever the reason. I would be devastated if you all started hating on this aswell as Warriors and Resurrection ...

Smile

8Best Colin Baker story Empty Re: Best Colin Baker story 22nd August 2019, 11:12 am

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

stengos wrote:Fair enough. I am not a fan of the guy anyway so thats probably a part of it. I just find him painfully unfunny. His main achievement is bearing a passing resemblance to fascist dictator and former communist Benito Mussolini, a joke he used to insist on repeating at every opportunity. For me the DJ was like when you are watching a film with your family and your Dad / Uncle / Aunt / Grandmother insist on sitting in their corner giving a tedious commentary on the film only its worse because in my analogy scenario you can always turn the tv up to drown out your Dad / Aunt etc... . Do that with Revelation and Alexei Sayle just gets even louder. God forbid.

But to be honest i am just glad that people like it, whatever the reason. I would be devastated if you all started hating on this aswell as Warriors and Resurrection ...

Smile
I’m not a fan of the guy himself- I just don’t personally mind his presence in the story (though it is a little jarring at times). Though I’ll agree with you that Tasembecker is painfully crap at the worst of times, and a blight on an otherwise masterful story.

9Best Colin Baker story Empty Re: Best Colin Baker story 22nd August 2019, 11:22 am

stengos

stengos

Bernard Marx wrote:I’m not a fan of the guy himself- I just don’t personally mind his presence in the story (though it is a little jarring at times).

Though I’ll agree with you that Tasembecker is painfully crap at the worst of times, and a blight on an otherwise masterful story.

Thats it for me. I just find his interruptions jarring. Although I would add that I think they ruin the darker mood of the story.  

I dont understand why Jenny Tomasin was selected for the role. On screen she was hopeless. Maybe she was ill when filming began perhaps. She has been in quite a lot over the years - both before and after Revelation - so she was fairly well established.

Anyway - glad you like the story.

10Best Colin Baker story Empty Re: Best Colin Baker story 22nd August 2019, 11:44 am

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Easily Revelation of the Daleks.

11Best Colin Baker story Empty Re: Best Colin Baker story 22nd August 2019, 12:24 pm

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

Revelation of the Daleks for me. I think that I prefer it to Remembrance of the Daleks as well.

12Best Colin Baker story Empty Re: Best Colin Baker story 22nd August 2019, 2:34 pm

Ludders

Ludders

Revelation is one of the two half decent stories of his era. The other one is a Attack of the Cybermen, but I think Revelation is a bit more atmospheric.
The rest of his era struggles to rise about average and is mostly rubbish.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum