+2
Bernard Marx
iank
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Best Hartnell story Empty Best Hartnell story 22nd August 2019, 9:38 am

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Which is Hartnell’s best story? The three main contenders for me are The Daleks, The Crusade and The Daleks’ Master Plan. The Daleks for being a profoundly atmospheric viewing experience, The Crusade for being a brilliantly directed and acted period drama that shows New Who up for being as immature as it is, and Master Plan for being an unrelentingly intense story for much of it, and being complimented by as many gut punches as to also show New Who up for being as emotionally faux as it is.

2Best Hartnell story Empty Re: Best Hartnell story 22nd August 2019, 9:41 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

The Myth Makers, The Daleks' Master Plan and The Massacre. Possibly the best run of serials until McCoy's last three adventures.

3Best Hartnell story Empty Re: Best Hartnell story 22nd August 2019, 10:19 am

iank

iank

Time Meddler for me. Funny, atmospheric and Vicki is so lovely in it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

4Best Hartnell story Empty Re: Best Hartnell story 22nd August 2019, 10:22 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

The Steven/Vicki pairing is so unbelievably awesome. Maureen O'Brien was head and shoulders above Carol Ann Ford in terms of acting.

5Best Hartnell story Empty Re: Best Hartnell story 22nd August 2019, 10:22 am

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Agreed with the above. Vicki was awesome.

6Best Hartnell story Empty Re: Best Hartnell story 22nd August 2019, 10:25 am

stengos

stengos

An Unearthly Child / The Cavemen / 100,000 Years BC. Or whatever you want to call it. Its got more names than a Roman emperor in I Claudius. The first episode followed by the story set in Caveman times. The whole thing works brilliantly for me - the stark contrast between modern day London and the world of primitive man. The Doctor wanting to crush sbdy's head with a rock because he is so deparate to get away, the way Chesterton and Babs respond to their whole predicament. Marvellous acting. I was entranced the first time i saw it.

Then The Daleks / Dead Planet. So much better than the cinema film although i do enjoy that too.

Two other stand-outs for me are Tenth Planet and probably Marco Polo. I say "probably" because I have only ever seen the colour photo restoration but i enjoyed that immensely.

I dont really know Masterplan, Myth Makers or Massacre so I can't really judge them. I have the BBC audio releases but over the years i have found those difficult to listen to as i usually switch off.

Last edited by stengos on 22nd August 2019, 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total

7Best Hartnell story Empty Re: Best Hartnell story 22nd August 2019, 10:32 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

It's called "The Tribe of Gum" on the script book.

I just call it "the first one" LOL

8Best Hartnell story Empty Re: Best Hartnell story 22nd August 2019, 1:19 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

The Daleks. For me it's that first Tardis team at its best.

9Best Hartnell story Empty Re: Best Hartnell story 22nd August 2019, 2:02 pm

Ludders

Ludders

The Daleks.
But if Masterplan wasn't mostly missing, I might've gone for that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum