Best season 9 story I_vote_lcap38%Best season 9 story I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]
Best season 9 story I_vote_lcap0%Best season 9 story I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Best season 9 story I_vote_lcap12%Best season 9 story I_vote_rcap 12% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Best season 9 story Empty Best season 9 story 19th August 2019, 7:50 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Yeah- I know these story polls are probably getting tiresome by this stage, but I thought I’d eventually try to get them in for every 70s season. Which is the best story of season 9? For me, it has to be the undeservedly underrated Day of the Daleks, though I love The Sea Devils as well. Although I find The Curse of Peladon overrated (if still enjoyable), and think The Mutants and The Time Monster are the two absolute worst stories of Pertwee’s era.

2Best season 9 story Empty Re: Best season 9 story 19th August 2019, 8:06 pm

stengos

stengos

Bernard Marx wrote:Yeah- I know these story polls are probably getting tiresome by this stage, but I thought I’d eventually try to get them in for every 70s season. Which is the best story of season 9? For me, it has to be the undeservedly underrated Day of the Daleks, though I love The Sea Devils as well. Although I find The Curse of Peladon overrated (if still enjoyable), and think The Mutants and The Time Monster are the two absolute worst stories of Pertwee’s era.

The polls are fine. Great fun.

3Best season 9 story Empty Re: Best season 9 story 19th August 2019, 8:26 pm

stengos

stengos

Sea Devils. Nice sequel to Silurians. The scenes with the Devils walking out of the water was iconic to me when i was a lad.

Day is good.

I thought the story for mutants was good and the alien makeup looked impressive to me. What let it down was some awful acting - particularly Rick James who played cotton. I enjoyed the Terrance Dicks book

With Time Monster - i liked it until the action transferred to Atlantis and then it went shit. Ingrid Pitt was terrible - all cleavage and ham. All i can add is that the Master had remarkably bad taste in wimmin in those days.

Peladon was fine. Nice littlle allegory for Britain's entry into the EEC. Seeing the Ice Warriors as good guys was an interesting twist. The character of Hepesh was well done and David Troughton was good in it. I could have done without the Jo/King love story though. Its like the spirit of Steven Moffat was there in BBC Television Centre 37 years ahead of time.

4Best season 9 story Empty Re: Best season 9 story 19th August 2019, 10:28 pm

iank

iank

Day. Streets ahead of everything else.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

5Best season 9 story Empty Re: Best season 9 story 19th August 2019, 11:54 pm

Ludders

Ludders

Pertwee's weakest season.
Day of the Daleks, easily.
Although Sea Devils would be a contender if it was a more concise 4 parter.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum