You are not connected. Please login or register

Best Classic Who finale

+2
Bernard Marx
Pepsi Maxil
6 posters

Which is the best Classic Who finale?

Best Classic Who finale  I_vote_lcap0%Best Classic Who finale  I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Best Classic Who finale  I_vote_lcap0%Best Classic Who finale  I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Best Classic Who finale  I_vote_lcap11%Best Classic Who finale  I_vote_rcap 11% [ 1 ]
Best Classic Who finale  I_vote_lcap11%Best Classic Who finale  I_vote_rcap 11% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Best Classic Who finale  Empty Best Classic Who finale 11th August 2019, 9:59 am

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Following Maxil’s ‘best season opener’ poll, I thought I’d do a follow up for the best finale. I’m veering either towards The War Games or Inferno, myself, though there are many great ones to pick.

And is the finale of season 20 The Five Doctors or The King’s Demons? Fuck it- I’m counting The Five Doctors.

2Best Classic Who finale  Empty Re: Best Classic Who finale 11th August 2019, 10:08 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Survival followed closely by War Machines and Evil. I really like Greatest Show as well although I believe that originally wasn't going to be the final story of that season.

3Best Classic Who finale  Empty Re: Best Classic Who finale 11th August 2019, 10:10 am

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

I like most of the finales, to be honest. Greatest Show was originally the second story of season 25, wasn’t it?

4Best Classic Who finale  Empty Re: Best Classic Who finale 11th August 2019, 10:12 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I believe so. I know that it was supposed to take place before Nemesis because Ace is wearing Flowerchild's earring in that.

5Best Classic Who finale  Empty Re: Best Classic Who finale 11th August 2019, 10:13 am

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Wasn’t the story order changed in order to have Silver Nemesis go out on the 25th anniversary? Or is that a load of bollocks?

6Best Classic Who finale  Empty Re: Best Classic Who finale 11th August 2019, 10:22 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

John wanted Part One of Nemesis to go out on the 23rd of November, but there was a four-week delay to the start of the season which meant that Greatest Show went out after rather than before Nemesis so that part one could still be broadcast on the anniversary date.

Last edited by Commander Maxil Gale on 11th August 2019, 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total

7Best Classic Who finale  Empty Re: Best Classic Who finale 11th August 2019, 10:24 am

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Ah- thanks for the clarification!

8Best Classic Who finale  Empty Re: Best Classic Who finale 11th August 2019, 10:24 am

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Tough choice between Revelation of the Daleks, Seeds of Doom, Inferno and Evil of the Daleks.

But I think it's got to be Inferno in the end.

9Best Classic Who finale  Empty Re: Best Classic Who finale 11th August 2019, 10:25 am

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

I’m still undecided as to what to vote for...

10Best Classic Who finale  Empty Re: Best Classic Who finale 11th August 2019, 10:29 am

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

I’ll go for The War Games.

11Best Classic Who finale  Empty Re: Best Classic Who finale 11th August 2019, 12:38 pm

stengos

stengos

There is loads of good stuff here.

Seeds of Doom. Really well written with some marvellous performances - especially Tony Beckley (Chase), John Challis (Scorby) and Mark Jones (Keeler). Okay the rubber Krynoid tentacles in episodes 5 & 6 look a bit ... errr ... rubbery, but otherwise its an excellent story. And it even gives viewers step by step instructions on how to make a molotov cocktail, beating YOUTUBE to it by some 30 years. Couldn't ask for more.

If it weren't for Jenny Tomasin's and Alexei Sayles' god-awful performances in it i would have nominated Revelation of the Daleks. Jenny should have been locked in a cupboard at RADA and never been let out while Sayle's constant mood shattering interruptions in the story's narrative piss me off no end. Whose fault were they? Eric's - surely not as he is a literary colussus; Graeme Harper - surely not he is the Prince of Classic Who Directors second only to Douglas Camfield? JNT - Yep. What a twat. What with his penchant for recruiting "big names" to be in the show however inappropriate their casting may be. Beryl Reid anybody????

I cant really comment on most of the B&W ones as i don't remember the tv broadcasts of most of them.

12Best Classic Who finale  Empty Re: Best Classic Who finale 11th August 2019, 2:18 pm

Zarius

Zarius

There's a lot of classic serials that I wish had been the finales of their respective seasons, but I'll go with Five Doctors as it tied up loads of loose ends in addition to celebrating the history of the programme, it's very easy to see why some consider it Classic Who's definitive send-off despite a few years left in it. Kind of like how I am with "Who Shot Mr. Burns" and/or "Homer's Enemy"  being good enough to call the final episodes of The Simpsons.

Bubbling under would be Inferno, Ultimate Foe (yes, even the second part), War Games, Greatest Show, and Survival

If I can cheat and count Big Finish, The Brink of Death. Big Grin

13Best Classic Who finale  Empty Re: Best Classic Who finale 11th August 2019, 5:10 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Zarius wrote:There's a lot of classic serials that I wish had been the finales of their respective seasons, but I'll go with Five Doctors as it tied up loads of loose ends in addition to celebrating the history of the programme, it's very easy to see why some consider it Classic Who's definitive send-off despite a few years left in it.

To be honest it wouldn't have been a bad finishing note for Classic Who.

14Best Classic Who finale  Empty Re: Best Classic Who finale 11th August 2019, 10:32 pm

iank

iank

Again, a lot of really strong ones. Talons, I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum