You are not connected. Please login or register

What would you do if you could time travel?

+3
REDACTED
TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Tanmann
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I would first go back to 1939 and deck Victor Fleming for slapping my darling Judy on the set of TWOO. I'd then go for milkshakes with Judy and tell her that she was going to make many great movies. I would then depart and travel forward to the year of 1989 and hold Rebecca Schaeffer's hand as she slowly died. I have thought about preventing her death altogether but somehow I think that would have major repercussions. I'd stay in 1989 and experience Batman on the big screen before zooming off to 1983 to tip milk all over Irvin Kershner's head for making "Never Say Never Again." I'd then go back to the 1950s and pretend to be called Calvin Klein for shits and giggles. Lastly, I would go forward and prevent Woolworths shops from closing down.

stengos

stengos

Firstly, I'd go back in time and space to a key moment in the development of the most evil race in the universe and do sthg to prevent their development and thereby save billions of sentient lives across the universe.

Secondly, I'd pop back to a crucial time in the development of Beyonce and do sthg to get her to fancy aging, balding, overweight, short sighted, halliotocis ridden, middle aged white dudes - of which i am arguably the most definitive example there is - and get her to move to my post code in Dorset and then bang her stupid non stop from the mid noughties to the early 2010's.

No. Wait. I'd do the second first and then move on to the "most evil race in the universe" thing after i have finished with "Bey". "Things which matter most must never be at the mercy of things which matter least".

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Well let's just say quite a few neighbourhood thugs I suffered in my teens might find themselves being retroactively aborted when their parents never met.

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

The only legit way I can comprehend time travel atm is if the universe is purely recreated based on the information of the previous state ... I don't see how else it could work but maybe I haven't read into it enough

but if I had the ability to do that you could do much more interesting shit than time travel

regardless I would be more interested in going back for research but it presumably wouldn't be reliable as the information would have decayed

otherwise I would go back in my life and not be the loser I was most of the tenure, live out the nausiatingly idealistic fantasies I had back then etc etc

REDACTED

Probably try and save all the missing episodes of 60's Who.

Either that or if I'm in a self loathing mood, try interfering with my parents meeting...

stengos

stengos

Commander Maxil Gale wrote: ... before zooming off to 1983 to tip milk all over Irvin Kershner's head for making "Never Say Never Again."

Agreed. I don't much like the original EON version of Thunderball anyway but Never Say Never Again was so fuckin awful i could barely manage to finish it. Connery was a pale imitation of what he was in his original 60's Bond films.

Sole good point was Pamela Salem playing Moneypenny.

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

stengos wrote:
Commander Maxil Gale wrote: ... before zooming off to 1983 to tip milk all over Irvin Kershner's head for making "Never Say Never Again."

Agreed. I don't much like the original EON version of Thunderball anyway but Never Say Never Again was so fuckin awful i could barely manage to finish it. Connery was a pale imitation of what he was in his original 60's Bond films.

I adore Thunderball. I've always preferred it to Goldfinger personally. Never Say Never Again foolishly believes the lie that only Sean Connery can play Bond which is complete bullshit. Octopussy was clearly the better movie of that year and Roger Moore's performance in that is head and shoulders above Connery's lifeless portrayal in NSNA. Let's face it, he wasn't the same man he was in From Russia with Love.

stengos

stengos

Commander Maxil Gale wrote:
stengos wrote:

I adore Thunderball. I've always preferred it to Goldfinger personally. Never Say Never Again foolishly believes the lie that only Sean Connery can play Bond which is complete bullshit. Octopussy was clearly the better movie of that year and Roger Moore's performance in that is head and shoulders above Connery's lifeless portrayal in NSNA. Let's face it, he wasn't the same man he was in From Russia with Love.

Thunderball is entertaining enough. I just found the pace was rather slow. The health farm scenes seem to go on forever but, more significantly, the underwater scenes really slow the film down. Underwater fights are, by their very nature, painfully slow to me. The basic plot is fine and the acting and directing is good but it needs some edits to cut the running time down.

With "Never" they could have reduced the length but they chose not to. Connery turned in a very bland performance - he didn't seem to want to be there. And the chap playing M seemed miscast to me.

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I'd go back to 1987 and convince JNT to keep Bonnie on for another two years.

Doctor7

Let doctor who not be cancelled for at least another five years post survival having Sylvester McCoy have a longer tenure.

11What would you do if you could time travel? Empty Re: What would you do if you could time travel? 8th September 2019, 12:11 am

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

go back in time to the sixties, make a series of bets to win money already knowing the results and record the missing episodes to take back to the eighties. I would give them to the BBC and buy shares in Microsoft. Then with all that money, I would pay off the national debt of a few small African countries and warn security services in the US of 9/11

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum